List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t they?

I took my boys last year when it was in Sydney. They met Brayshaw, Cerra and Davies-uniacke.

Was cool.
They moved the draft to the medallion club so no public access :(

So is it confirmed both Bailey Smith and Ben King have been at the Whitten Oval today?

Western Bulldogs are considering making the first live trade under the AFL’s new rules and swapping their No.7 selection for a pair of first-round picks.

The Dogs are confident they can secure Vic Metro midfield star Bailey Smith with a pick in between No.7-11 and want to then draft a second player before matching a bid for father-son onballer Rhylee West.

Non-Victorian clubs are set to pass on Smith but the Bulldogs must snap him up before Geelong enters the draft at No.12.

Smith and 202cm swingman Ben King toured the Dogs’ Whitten Oval facilities on Tuesday.

Barring a last-minute backflip, St Kilda is expected to take the plunge on 202cm spearhead Max King at No.4, leaving twin brother Ben available for Gold Coast at No. 6 as a Steven May replacement.

Herald Sun

Western Bulldogs are considering making the first live trade under the AFL’s new rules and swapping their No.7 selection for a pair of first-round picks.

The Dogs are confident they can secure Vic Metro midfield star Bailey Smith with a pick in between No.7-11 and want to then draft a second player before matching a bid for father-son onballer Rhylee West.

Non-Victorian clubs are set to pass on Smith but the Bulldogs must snap him up before Geelong enters the draft at No.12.

Smith and 202cm swingman Ben King toured the Dogs’ Whitten Oval facilities on Tuesday.

Barring a last-minute backflip, St Kilda is expected to take the plunge on 202cm spearhead Max King at No.4, leaving twin brother Ben available for Gold Coast at No. 6 as a Steven May replacement.

Herald Sun
**** yes, doooooo it

correct
Reported by Ryan Davidson and photo proof
Cool, I guess pick 7 comes down to whoever Port don't pick.

Herald Sun
It looks like 11 & 19 is the best offer we'll get (or maybe 9 & 19). I'd be pretty disappointed if we did that trade, then Smith and King were gone and we ended up selecting a Jordan Clark or a Jackson Hately.

Why wouldn't Port Adelaide select Smith at 10?

10 & 15 or 8 & 13 seem a bit more realistic to me.

Can understand Port & Adelaide wanting to jump ahead of one another.

Not sure why GWS would want to move up two spots.
GWS really like Jones apparently, and might need to jump ahead of Adelaide to get him. Not sure they like him enough to sell the farm though.

Starting to think Port are our best bet. 10 + 15 for 7 + what?

Herald Sun
I hope we don't try and get to smart. Knowing our luck we will down trade 7 to 11 for Smith. Only to watch Geelong live trade up to 10.

If we do make a pick swap, I think the most realistic options are:

7 + 27 <-> 10 + 15
7 + 27 <-> 8 + 16
7 + 32 <-> 11 + 19

Could also involve future pick swaps where needed. No way we'd be getting both of GWS' first picks (9+11) without involving our future first, which seems silly. Also doubt we'd get both of Adelaide's first picks (8+13) given they'd probably rather just use those to try grab one of Gold Coast's picks instead if our price is that steep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we want to land Ben King and Bailey Smith we will need to somehow get 9+11
I think that costs us our future first, and I'm not sure I'd be happy doing that. I want to save it to keep us open to trading for needs next year.

If GWS were desperate to jump ahead of Adelaide and really did offer something like that, I'd think us throwing in 27 and a future second might do it

I hope we don't try and get to smart. Knowing our luck we will down trade 7 to 11 for Smith. Only to watch Geelong live trade up to 10.
Can't see geelong having any currency to trade up.
If we could trade 7 27 and a future 2nd for 10 and 15. Still get Smith and add a rcd or sturt I'd be over the moon

Herald Sun
Reading between the lines, I reckon the deal is GWS offering 11 and 19 for 7. It means they get Chayce Jones ahead of Adelaide and keep 9. If we are confident West is still there at 19 it's a good deal for mine, if we don't need to throw in anything else I'd do it anyway and take the punt.

I highly doubt Adelaide and Port will care one bit about this pick trading business. They'd be more than comfortable with their current draft positions, with plenty of good SA boys ripe for the picking in the first round.

If the rumors about GWS wanting Chayce Jones are true, it's GWS or bust. That means 9 + 19 at best.

Even if West gets bid on before 19, if we are confident Smith will be there at 9, it's a free hit then on another pick (pick 27). IE it's either we pick Smith at 7 and then use 27 for West or get Smith at 9 and then another great pick at 19 or West at 19 and other decent pick at 27. We wouldn't be using a later pick then, can't remember which one in the 40s or 60s due to list spots so can trade that to another club for a future 4th rounder next year say. I like it, they would know who picks 7 and 8 are going to be if they do the deal...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back