List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading between the lines, I reckon the deal is GWS offering 11 and 19 for 7. It means they get Chayce Jones ahead of Adelaide and keep 9. If we are confident West is still there at 19 it's a good deal for mine, if we don't need to throw in anything else I'd do it anyway and take the punt.
I assumed that was the reported deal we already turned down from GWS.

7 for 11 and 19 (as suggested) is absolute dog vomit. It'd seal the Sam power contract cancellation.
You for real? If Power pulled that off he'd be a ****ing God in my eyes. **** Smith, if we managed to get 11 and 19 for 7, I wouldn't care if it cost us Smith. Could still end up with one of Hately, Caldwell, Butters, etc. as a mid plus Sturt, McHenry, Taylor as a forward. Not to mention there is a ton of speculation that Smith won't be taken by the club's at picks 8, 9 or 10 anyway so we could be getting pick 19 effectively for free

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan. Get on the hype train now.

He's listed as 193cm but some say he's grown to 195cm this year, 2020 draft eligible from memory. Freakishly quick, tied to us via the NGA. Dual sided. Can jump and run.

Plus we have the McPherson brother coming through who is already a 190cm mid FS eligible kid who captained a rep side.
Next year we have both Romero & Kellett eligible, not sure who else.

All aboard tickets please!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree on Mchenry. The other one would compliment us nicely around there would be Sam Sturt.
Yeah I was actually going to mention him too as a very close second. I rate him very high and would be tempted to take him at 11 if Smith was gone, I just don't expect him to still be there at 19. Also having Fergus Greene and Billy Gowers developing nicely last season in a similar position to what Sturt would play just tells me he's not so much of an immediate need as what McHenry would be. I'd be stoked with either

Decent chance Hill could slip to 19 aswell if Freo pass on him. Would love Smith / Caldwell + Hill
I've heard some concerns about Hill surrounding his behaviour and attitude, so the club probably wouldn't want to touch him. Also has a habit of going missing at times and not really having enough of an impact. Otherwise incredibly talented played, and is a decent chance to be an absolute gun

Happy to hear this. Ive probably leant towards Smith all along.

Starting to move away from him though.
Mofra made a decent point about our concerns with Caldwell and injury yet not many concerned that a 17yo has an overdues foot/ankle injury.
A 17yo mind you that would appear to be obsessive about his preparation (not always a bad thing of course).

Whats starting to play on me is this "I want to stay at home" factor.
Trust me when I say this but Smith also suggested to the Cats that he'd rather stay in the family home than move away to Geelong.
He has been pretty adament with non Melbourne clubs about this desire.

I wonder whats behind it ? I just hope he is resilient enough to be able to cope with set backs or things not going his way.

Who doesn’t want to be in this great City? I won’t hold that against him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 Draft Prospects aka the West and Khamis thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back