List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just delist Macpherson , I can't see other club pick him up again apart from GC.
"big list turnover" going to be brutal . Pre season form is nothing.

Last edited:
I really think Darcy will go around again. I think he was really starting to look at the level before he went down. Certainly he played every game while fit. That's the sign of a required player.
19 tackles in his first 2 games this season (both wins). leading the club in average tackles inside 50 per game. averaging 4.4 tackles per game over his albeit short and injury-ridden career. we need that sort of pressure, i fully expect him to be on our list again next year and would be very disappointed if he wasn't.

Hanley, Ah Chee, Leslie, KK, Lemmens & Scrimshaw should all stay. McPherson & Spencer may have to wait & see who else joins us before their fate is decided. I haven't seen enough of Nutting yet or Nicholls recently to comment on them. Most of the others mentioned should probably move on.
Macpherson was playing fantastically until his injury. Should stay on the list

19 tackles in his first 2 games this season (both wins). leading the club in average tackles inside 50 per game. averaging 4.4 tackles per game over his albeit short and injury-ridden career. we need that sort of pressure, i fully expect him to be on our list again next year and would be very disappointed if he wasn't.
Not to mention when he kicks inside 50 he hits short lead up targets. Doesn't just blast away.

Two games sample in JLT ?

first two games of the year in the actual season
Two games ,one playing in Waterlogged oval ,the other against Carlton.Any idea how well his progress in rehab . I am very critical with players availability more than their potential at this stage .

Two games ,one playing in Waterlogged oval ,the other against Carlton.Any idea how well his progress in rehab . I am very critical with player availability more than their potential at this stage .
i remember before the start of the year there were the bunch of small forwards who were going to have bets on who made the least amount of inside 50 tackles had to buy coffees for the following week as a bit of motivation. obviously injury didn't help with that plan, but i would love to see him get a full run at it. hard to judge him off 3 seasons of a handful of games. i think especially in that first year and a bit he just wasn't near the level either, wasn't an injury thing. see how he goes on the weekend before writing him off, he's still young and i think has a lot to offer for the suns.

i remember before the start of the year there were the bunch of small forwards who were going to have bets on who made the least amount of inside 50 tackles had to buy coffees for the following week as a bit of motivation. obviously injury didn't help with that plan, but i would love to see him get a full run at it. hard to judge him off 3 seasons of a handful of games. i think especially in that first year and a bit he just wasn't near the level either, wasn't an injury thing. see how he goes on the weekend before writing him off, he's still young and i think has a lot to offer for the suns.
Fair opinion .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some harsh comments on Macpherson. Did we watch different first 5 games? You could argue he was one of our best small forwards especially against Carlton and Brisbane until Lions player twisted him in tackle and he broke his fibula early in the game. He already had 2 goals in that game. Averaging 5.7 tackles this season. He definitely looked like he belongs. No delisting for me!

McPherson is a lock for me as well. Hence why someone contracted has to go like a Schoenfeld or Lemmens.

Only way he doesn’t stay is it Dew plays Holman, Martin and Ainsworth up front

If major list turn over are true, people need to be open minded , every players who contract end this year like - Lonergan , KK , Leslie , Spencer , Macpherson, majority here just said no, where you find 10-12 players to delist and allow newcomers in .

Majority that want them to go
1) Risca ( Evans already said he will sign on )
2) Shoenfield - need to paid him out for 2019 and 2020 season to get rid of him
3) Lemmens - need to paid him up to 2021 to get rid of him .

GWS replace players like Devon Smith with Zac Langdon, and Macpherson is not up to Devon Smith level yet .

Last edited:
You can't cut players with 2 years left on their contracts. You are pretty much ending players careers without giving them much of a chance of getting picked up. Not honoring contracts is a 2 way street.

McPherson really proved me wrong and showed he deserves to remain with the club in his first few games this year, surely not moved on.

Some harsh comments on Macpherson. Did we watch different first 5 games? You could argue he was one of our best small forwards especially against Carlton and Brisbane until Lions player twisted him in tackle and he broke his fibula early in the game. He already had 2 goals in that game. Averaging 5.7 tackles this season. He definitely looked like he belongs. No delisting for me!
I think only one person is after Macphersons head on here. Most want him to stick around

Wondering if you guys have anyone who watches your academy. Not only your kids for the draft this year, but also the kids you have coming through for next year.

By the looks of the recent Futures U17 game, you guys have a few talented midfielders in next years crop.

Wondering if you guys have anyone who watches your academy. Not only your kids for the draft this year, but also the kids you have coming through for next year.

By the looks of the recent Futures U17 game, you guys have a few talented midfielders in next years crop.
I’ve got someone with a keen eye on the academy.

I think only one person is after Macphersons head on here. Most want him to stick around
Want him to stick around is one thing , but will he be around is another thing . Is it BF majority voters get to keep their favorites players or will they be dissappoited come October and Novermber ?

Nobody will be paid up. Lemmens, Schoenfeld were extended with Dew's blessing.

IN: 5 picks including Scott, 2 rookies Graham, Koenan and 2 mature players.
OUT: Rosa, Barlow, Lynch, Hall, Willis, Jaska
We have 1 available rookie B.
Still need 2 spots. Trade bait Lonergan, Leslie, Nicholls, KK. AFL could give us a couple of extra spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back