List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody will be paid up. Lemmens, Schoenfeld were extended with Dew's blessing.

IN: 5 picks including Scott, 2 rookies Graham, Koenan and 2 mature players.
OUT: Rosa, Barlow, Lynch, Hall, Willis, Jaska
We have 1 available rookie B.
Still need 2 spots. Trade bait Lonergan, Leslie, Nicholls, KK. AFL could give us a couple of extra spots.

Graham will probably need to be picked up with a senior list spot

Hope he goes around again... I find it odd that he hasnt signed yet? gives it all every week.
Harbrow always seems to sign late - might be on 1 year contracts, allowing the club flexibility in negotiations with other potential signings.
He needs to be re-signed though - one of our best and most consistent performers..

Last edited:
Just a random thought...

If we go in with 5 picks under 30, if we can turn 4 of those into quality starting 22 players, I would consider that a win out of this draft.

If we get the Lynch compo and a predicted priority pick our draft looks like this,

2, 3, 16, 20. More than enough quality kids being put into the system.

Harbrow always seems to sign late - might be on 1 year contracts, allowing the club flexibility in negotiations with other potential signings.
He needs to be re-signed though - one of our best and most consistent performers..
On Touk's Talk Harbrow said he would like to play as long as possible.

Just a random thought...

If we go in with 5 picks under 30, if we can turn 4 of those into quality starting 22 players, I would consider that a win out of this draft.

If we get the Lynch compo and a predicted priority pick our draft looks like this,

It should be great draft for us.

Want him to stick around is one thing , but will he be around is another thing . Is it BF majority voters get to keep their favorites players or will they be dissappoited come October and Novermber ?
Darcy played the first 5 games of the season when we won 3 games out of 5 away from the Gold Coast. Things went downhill after he was injured, actually from the moment he was injured when the Suns almost gave up a lead to the Lions. Talking about him being cut is just asinine. You are flogging a dead horse. He is best 22 easily and his forward pressure alone fits Dew's game planning to a tee. Currently the only true forward pocket the Suns have and a crucial puzzle piece purely in terms of goal scoring.

If, and it is a big if, he is dangled as trade bait, the Bulldogs might be interested in him given his father played for them. Much rather see the Suns go get Mitch Wallis whose Dad played a lot of footy with Darcy's Dad and Mitch also played with Harbrow. Small connections that make a team stronger.

Darcy played the first 5 games of the season when we won 3 games out of 5 away from the Gold Coast. Things went downhill after he was injured, actually from the moment he was injured when the Suns almost gave up a lead to the Lions. Talking about him being cut is just asinine. You are flogging a dead horse. He is best 22 easily and his forward pressure alone fits Dew's game planning to a tee. Currently the only true forward pocket the Suns have and a crucial puzzle piece purely in terms of goal scoring.

If, and it is a big if, he is dangled as trade bait, the Bulldogs might be interested in him given his father played for them. Much rather see the Suns go get Mitch Wallis whose Dad played a lot of footy with Darcy's Dad and Mitch also played with Harbrow. Small connections that make a team stronger.
Not sure Mitch and Harbrow played together. Harbrow was up here before Wallis started.

Not sure Mitch and Harbrow played together. Harbrow was up here before Wallis started.
You're right. Was thinking of Dahlhaus. Mitch was drafted as Harbs was traded. Still, Mitch and Darcy would know each other for sure as their Dads played 10+ years together, plus Mitch was alive for his old man's final 4 seasons.

You're right. Was thinking of Dahlhaus. Mitch was drafted as Harbs was traded. Still, Mitch and Darcy would know each other for sure as their Dads played 10+ years together, plus Mitch was alive for his old man's final 4 seasons.
Yeah they’d know each other when the reunions come around

Yeah they’d know each other when the reunions come around
Especially the Doggies. Sooo many failed finals campaigns. Darcy was pretty stiff not to get picked up by them because as things turned out he'd probably have played in the 2016 GF. They had a lot of injuries and he was playing seniors for the Suns by then. I don't want to see him go, but you could see the alure for him if they came sniffing.

Im fairly certain Macpherson will stay. Leslie is the one I’m not sure on. He’s good depth but he’s never going to surpass may or Thompson. If we bring in Collins, graham and koenan then that might show he’s getting cut.
The Club highly rate McPherson's character, work ethic and leadership. He's definitely not going. Graham is also highly regarded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First off all good luck for the ‘Q clash’ this weekend (is the name fan approved or detested by fans?)
Hope that Lynch is the last of the original players to be traded out for you guys and you get a good year with injuries in 2019
I had a brief look at your list and if the development continues and players stay I can see 2020 as being a good year for you
I think what people fail to see is the importance for the first to third year players in that when they were born in relation to the end of the season, several second nd and third year players in the list have late year birthdays so realistically they are 6+ months behind in their development and this maybe a reason why the club is taking a cautious approach with some players. I remember being surprised that Coniglio didn’t play more in his first and second years but he has a December birthday and then from 2 years ago Cumming is a late birthday and only turned 20 and has only played 2 AFL games and I think this is due to a less developed body compared to others
But I like the look of Brodie and Bowes in the middle maybe next year or definitely in 2020 and if you add another 2 top talents this year I think the next 2 years will set you up and just hopefully they all avoid serious injuries

Just a random thought...

Hopefully the Eagles have a bit of a shocker over the final series and pick 16 becomes 13-14. We might even then be able to turn 14 and 20 into a top 10 pick depending on our list spots

Assuming no list spots expansion by AFL
This year Cut 8
Next year cut 3
2020 cut another 3

Who you think will be on chopping block or trade Bait ?
Lyons
Holman
Young

If cutting a player in rookie list like Darcy people find it so hard, wait until more GC academy and quality players coming in .

Stuart Clark on Bill & Bozz suggested hawks would trade Burton Shoenmakers and a first round pick for Lynch.

Ordinarily I wouldn't believe it but it's such a weird person saying it that it makes me believe it a bit more than usual if that makes sense.

Burto is a gun but with Sicily in the team he struggles for a role. He's a very good intercept defender that can run and use it well.

Shoey is no star but will always provide a contest and short term cover for Lynch to support Peter Wright.

First round pick a sweetener.

Thoughts? Is it better than pick 3 compo?

I’ve got some shit news to spill.
It gutted me to hear it and my heart sank as I was being told, but there is a silver lining to it and the club can do really well if we play our cards right.
I’m only advising a few of our club forum posters as it’s the last thing we need picked up and fed to the papers at the minute.
So you say there is a shit news but say nothing about it. Not good enough. The only shit I can imagine is that May wants out which would not surprise me at all.

I’ve got some shit news to spill.
It gutted me to hear it and my heart sank as I was being told, but there is a silver lining to it and the club can do really well if we play our cards right.
I’m only advising a few of our club forum posters as it’s the last thing we need picked up and fed to the papers at the minute.

Steven May? I can see how a negative in losing him can be turned into a massive positive at this year's super draft.

Stuart Clark on Bill & Bozz suggested hawks would trade Burton Shoenmakers and a first round pick for Lynch.

Ordinarily I wouldn't believe it but it's such a weird person saying it that it makes me believe it a bit more than usual if that makes sense.

Burto is a gun but with Sicily in the team he struggles for a role. He's a very good intercept defender that can run and use it well.

Shoey is no star but will always provide a contest and short term cover for Lynch to support Peter Wright.

First round pick a sweetener.

Thoughts? Is it better than pick 3 compo?

From memory Bosnich big Hawks fan , he maybe in the know.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What happened to Burton this year? He is pretty ordinary this year. Personally, I think that Hawks would still have to upgrade pick to top 10.

He started slow but since Sicily has been injured he's been really good. Was nearly BOG in the first half last week. I think when Sicily is back he's a man without a role hence we might be willing to let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back