News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

So I only had the option for Venue / Pre-Paid Collection Outlet, where can I pick up the tickets and when?
Here's the Victorian outlets (other states in the link) and their opening stores. I think pickup is available from Tuesday, but it might be Monday?

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/content/outlets/agencies_vic.aspx
VIC collection outlets said:
MELBOURNE CITY

Melbourne CBD Head Office Agency
225 Exhibition St
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Sat 10am-2pm

Melbourne CBD Athenaeum Theatre
188 Collins Street, Melbourne
Sat 10am-4pm

Melbourne Park Melbourne Arena, Olympic Boulevard

MELBOURNE METRO

Camberwell The Well Shopping Centre
Terry White Chemist, 793 Burke Rd

Carlton Carlton Newsagency
325 Lygon St
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm

Craigieburn What's New Gifts
Shop 37, 340 Craigieburn Road
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Wed 9am-5pm
Thu-Fri 9am-8.30pm
Sat 9am-4pm
Sun 10am-4pm

Greensborough Greensborough Newsagency
Shop 246, level 2, 25 Main St
Sat 9am-4.30pm
Sun 10am-4pm

Hampton Hampton Newsagency
345-347 Hampton St
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Sat 9am-6pm

Kew Greetings
175 High St
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Sat 8am-5.30pm
Sun 8.30am-12.30pm

Mulgrave Waverley Gardens Newsagency
Waveley Gardens Shopping Centre, Shop 44
Police Rd
Sat 9am-4pm

VIC REGIONAL

Bendigo City Central Newsagency
5 Queen Street
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Sat 9am-5pm

Geelong Geelong Performing Arts Centre
50 Little Malop St
Sat 10am-1pm

Mornington Mornington Newsagency
97 Main St

Morwell Morwell Authorised Newsagency
176-176 Commercial Rd

Sale Sale Authorised Newsagency
308-310 Raymond St
- Pre-Paid Collection Outlet Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm
Sat-Sun 8am-1:30pm

Shepparton Lovell's Newsagency
246 Wyndham St

Q17 Row O, kept saying allocation was exhausted for top deck front so went middle and it went through no problems.

That ticketek queue system is a nightmare. I was on two devices and one browser I started at 9.58 got in faster than the other browser which I started at 9.45. Weird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How certain is everyone that credit card charges = definite ticket for club members?

When the transactions first appeared yesterday before the WC game even finished, I just assumed they were a pre-authorization thing to validate the credit card rather than a definite transaction.

I don’t want to get my family’s hopes up with good news if there is any chance it is anything but an allocated ticket.

Should I just wait for the Ticketek email to be sure?

Is that how you pick up tickets for the Priority members as well? Assume I’ll get some correspondence how to get hold of my ticket.
Club flyer says we'll get email confirmation on Monday, which should have more details. I prefer a proper ticket, so generally select the Venue / Pre-Paid Collection Outlet option. For our last 2 finals I picked my ticket up from an outlet, they ask for your phone number and ID, and I can't imagine the GF will be any different.

Ticketek make it painfully frustrating. Have tickets go to pay they block my credit card saying contact bank. Had to contact them over twitter and they ended up calling me and processing over the phone. So why can't your system except my credit card that is perfectly fine everywhere else.

Then the frustration after being told I won't get a email confirmation for phone bookings just a number. I'd prefer something in print to confirm and to prove tickets were purchased than just a number and someones word. Luckily my account shows the transaction with seat numbers.

How certain is everyone that credit card charges = definite ticket for club members?

When the transactions first appeared yesterday before the WC game even finished, I just assumed they were a pre-authorization thing to validate the credit card rather than a definite transaction.

I don’t want to get my family’s hopes up with good news if there is any chance it is anything but an allocated ticket.

Should I just wait for the Ticketek email to be sure?
Pretty certain, Saturday's text message said they were processing our ballot on Saturday and reminded people to have sufficient funds available. Each competing club is allocated a set number of tickets, so there's no need for ticketek to wait for the other prelim and it's probably easier for them to do each ballot separately and on different days.

Each competing club is allocated a set number of tickets, so there's no need for ticketek to wait for the other prelim and it's probably easier for them to do each ballot separately and on different days.

I assumed they still did a quota based on numbers of members from each team like they used to, so all club members had an even chance (otherwise bulldogs members would be 2-3 times as likely to get a ticket as Collingwood members).

But they never like to make any of these things clear or obvious these days.

I assumed they still did a quota based on numbers of members from each team like they used to, so all club members had an even chance (otherwise bulldogs members would be 2-3 times as likely to get a ticket as Collingwood members).

But they never like to make any of these things clear or obvious these days.
No it is a 50/50 split these days.

Much less frustrating this morning as the AFL Members prioritise the competing clubs correctly for the GF.

Won’t have to rely on the amazing generosity of a fellow poster on here to get to the game as I did this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Finals ticketing info and questions (See the other thread for ticket trading)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back