Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind pulling out but echo the sentiment around trading pick 6. Still think this is staging but happy to be wrong. We can and no doubt will go hard for Jesse next year (due diligence enabling) and he will be cheaper.

Out: Neale, in: Lobb, Smith and Hill is acceptable to me. We can also move our picks to 2019 if we don't have the list spots (which we don't really).

Sorry Melbourne fans, no Steven May now .....
Poor us, we get to keep a 23-year-old who has kicked 152 goals in 71 games to go with another KPF who kicked 53 after missing the first five games this year.

I think we’ll cope.

Having seen Dale Alcock in boardroom negotiations, I wouldn't be suprised if he hasn't had some influence in this move.
We've worked out how much Hogan is really worth to us & have been willing to walk away if the price is too high.
Now if Melbourne come back to us again, we know they're desperate - & we can get Hogan for a reasonable price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Neale deal falls over and we get Lobb for the 11 pick we will end up with Lobb and a couple of 2nd round picks for our pick 6. That would be a monumental **** up. We must be positive about getting a good return for Neale

Barrett thinks we are a mess. Make me feel lower why don't you

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Barrett is ****ing scum that makes shit up all the time to get people worked up though. have you never read his sliding doors articles that are almost always an excuse to shit on our club?

The strange part for me is we went from 11 + 2019 2nd rounder (Which was apparently our first offer) to the very next day 'Forget it, we don't want him". We didn't even try to haggle a middle ground.

If he has a foot issue or 'party' problems then we wouldn't have offered anything. We made an offer so we wanted him and didn't consider any issue he had/has as being a deal breaker.

So either, Melbourne straight out said 'Pick 5 and 6 or F off' or this is part of how Belly likes to negotiate, and he's hoping Melbourne buckle and we meet in the middle. It seems drastic to 'end' negotiations with 4 trading days left

Not sure if this type of posturing is great for building future trading relationships.

or maybe Melbourne are being complete pricks about it.

Oh god. And now Eagles supporters are on trade radio sinking the boot in.

"Lachie Neale wants to walk out of the club because of Lyon"

MAYBE BECAUSE OF THE MONEY BRISBANE ARE THROWING AT HIM!

Ooh, and just mentioned Harley Bennell and Cam Mcarthy. Agenda fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back