News 2018 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Snapped up a gold membership to go with my Victorian membership.

Never going through the disappointment of missing tickets like last year. Even though we lost I would of rather have been there than not.

Let's win it this year!

Snapped up a gold membership to go with my Victorian membership.

Never going through the disappointment of missing tickets like last year. Even though we lost I would of rather have been there than not.

Let's win it this year!
The only positive of grand final week was missing out on tickets!

Remember thinking I wouldnt part with mine for thousands...:oops:

tenor.gif

Thats funny. I am a Gold member. Today I got an email sent to my work email stating welcome as a Fly as one Member. Its even a different member ID to my Gold. I am assuming this must be an add on or something.

Just upgraded my membership to a legends membership for this year.
I already received my member package for the year, will I receive the other stuff that comes with this higher level of membership?

Were you on the waiting list?
If so, how long have you waited?
Since November last year, I called and confirmed with member services that I was on the waiting list.
I may have been on the waiting list for a few years before that though, without realising.

Not really membership related, but I am going to have a whinge anyway......

One thing that is really starting to piss me off is continually getting cold canvas calls from the club trying to get me to sell raffle tickets.

I have already told the people that ring at least twice in the past to delete my number and never phone me again, but low and behold I just got another call from them about five minutes ago.

I was pretty rude and just interrupted him and basically told him that I wasn't interested and made a point of saying that despite telling you numerous times in the past to stop ringing me you're still continuing to call me against my wishes.

I've blocked their number, but I am getting the stage of where I am going to write to the club and complain because I am getting sick of tired of being hounded to sell raffle tickets.

Last edited:

One thing that is really starting to piss me off is continually getting cold canvas calls from the club trying to get me to sell raffle tickets.

I have already told the people that ring at least twice in the past to delete my number and never phone me again, but low and behold I just got another call from them about five minutes ago.

I was pretty rude and just interrupted him and basically told him that I wasn't interested and made a point of saying that despite telling you numerous times in the past to stop ringing me you're still continuing to call me against my wishes.

I've blocked their number, but I am getting the stage of where I am going to write to the club and complain because I am getting sick of tired of being hounded to sell raffle tickets.

I found the best way to get around them was to request a book and never send the book back.

If the club won't rectify this you can always escalate it to the privacy commissioner for not unsubscribing you from their calling list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't technically the Phoenix Foundation or whatever their name is that's selling the tickets, not the club? They should be taking you off their cold call list when they ask though.

Isn't technically the Phoenix Foundation or whatever their name is that's selling the tickets, not the club? They should be taking you off their cold call list when they ask though.

It's most likely one of those shady 'Marketing Companies' that the club has jumped into bed with.

Similar to the chuggers you get in shopping malls.

Yep, found this super annoying also.

I remember I spoke with one and said I wasn't interested in the near future and basically suggested not to call me again. 1 week later I get another call.

Basically just have to put their numbers on a block as it was ridiculous the amount of calls I was getting and I couldn't see anywhere on the membership login to remove my number/request to not get called.

Thankfully I haven't had any in about 6 months, not sure if the number block transferred through to my new phone or they just gave up, hopefully I don't hear from them anytime soon.

Yep, found this super annoying also.

I remember I spoke with one and said I wasn't interested in the near future and basically suggested not to call me again. 1 week later I get another call.

Basically just have to put their numbers on a block as it was ridiculous the amount of calls I was getting and I couldn't see anywhere on the membership login to remove my number/request to not get called.

Thankfully I haven't had any in about 6 months, not sure if the number block transferred through to my new phone or they just gave up, hopefully I don't hear from them anytime soon.

I got a call a few days after accepting a book.

I've accepted two books in the past. First book was returned unsold. Second book was never returned.

I kept thinking of Phoenix as the sheltered workshops, and not a sham marketing company (which I assume is unrelated to the sheltered workshops)

That’s the Bedford Group who run the sheltered workshop.

Phoenix society inc are the lottery ticket organization.

That’s the Bedford Group who run the sheltered workshop.

Phoenix society inc are the lottery ticket organization.

Ah so it's likely Phoenix have outsourced the raffle selling.

Given the number of fingers in the pie for the raffle tickets, I'd be interested to know just how much actually goes to the intended cause?

I found the best way to get around them was to request a book and never send the book back.

If the club won't rectify this you can always escalate it to the privacy commissioner for not unsubscribing you from their calling list.
I tried that once
Then I got the phone calls asking for me to return the book

I had a massive rant here maybe 2 years back, but have blocked them and not received a call since.

I've never had a call from these people trying to sell raffle books.
I'm also on the governments 'do not call' register. I suggest that anyone who doesn't like getting cold calls from marketing companies registers their number on there.
I've had maybe one call in four years since doing so.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back