Rumour 2018 Off Season Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

I played the post not the man. I do respect everyone, more than most.
Opening your post with "Stunningly stupid post I would have thought...." is playing the man as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't delete the post, nor suggest that there was anything wrong with challenging the claims made in the post. I warned the poster to be respectful because he opened the post with "Stunningly stupid post I would have thought...."

You may think it's acceptable to speak to others that way. I don't.
I don't think it is acceptable, which I'm sure you would agree, having read many of my posts. However I think it is far less acceptable to accuse people of doping without anything to back up your claim. Far, far less acceptable.

Anyway, wrong thread for the discussion so I'll move on.

I don't think it is acceptable, which I'm sure you would agree, having read many of my posts. However I think it is far less acceptable to accuse people of doping without anything to back up your claim. Far, far less acceptable.

Anyway, wrong thread for the discussion so I'll move on.
Why bother having a dig at me if you in fact agree with my position that the post was unacceptable?

I asked the poster to be respectful to others - I didn't pass any comment on the content of his post. Both the posters involved in the interchange have the right to comment on doping.

Perhaps you might let me moderate the board the way I see fit. I was gentle and tolerant to all concerned, as I always try to be. You might show me a little respect. Or not.

I Wouldn't call that funny. My opinion is that you shouldn't accuse someone of breaking the rules without evidence and that accusing an athlete of doping is as serious an accusation you can make to someone who is a professional competitor. Can you think of another one?

Talk about doping as a reality all you want, without accusing someone or a group of people of doing it. Unless of course you have actual evidence. It's slanderous and disrespectful in my opinion.
few things ^
'funny' that was zgope rhetoric... does curious suffice?
I disagree wrt personal defamation, Culbert is blas'e wrt his Twitter allegations on foreign sports to his.

re:length and subject- apologies to dogsforum and thread participants, not concerned with TLDR.
I AM NOT apologising to Zgope1 tho

I 'usually' allege entire sports, and even wider, professional sport in general. Anglophone western culture has a very puritan lens on doping. THE MOST ABSURD by the length of the Flemington straight is MikePowell mexicocity or cuba altitude longjump WR final Dave Culbert. The way he has attacked Essendon, AFL, Collingwood, NRL and sports other than T&F & Athletics in general... Lady Macbeth doth protest tooooo hard? Mick Malthouse alleged cheating then smears Stevie Milne as a rapist.
- respectfully Hard Ball Get the continental (Europeans) opinions are much more 'open minded'. This is NOT a personal nor targeted criticism, but it is a critique on the position you elucidate. Professional sport and national sport is a passion play which rouses heated emotions, the valid liberal position(the person/ the individual) you conveyed allowed Armstrong to play the game and rig it. The dopetesting system is a charade, it is marketing sport to succour moms[sic]

We luv to judge others.
... specifically in this thread, wrt doping, I am value neutral. go to my opinions on doping forum and Essendon scandal.

I Wouldn't call that funny. My opinion is that you shouldn't accuse someone of breaking the rules without evidence and that accusing an athlete of doping is as serious an accusation you can make to someone who is a professional competitor. Can you think of another one?

Talk about doping as a reality all you want, without accusing someone or a group of people of doing it. Unless of course you have actual evidence. It's slanderous and disrespectful in my opinion.
We should all have the freedom to say “Richmond are probably doping in some capacity. There’s probably doping at the bulldogs”

If you want to take the naive viewpoint that everyone is clean then go for it. But there’s a world where it’s highly possible and heavily incentivised.

These aren’t accusations this is speculation based on the reality that Aussie rules has been found out as a rotten league regarding doping this decade

let me add to Zgope1 ChampionData founder Ted Hopkins talked about his time at Carlton in 60s being given 'brown tablets for weight gain' (oral steroid?) implicit was all he knew was #brown and #weightgain. He has also recently said of public's naivety.
Don Scott said "we knew who was on stuff" (at Hawthorn). His career spanned ~ 69-81

... so reconcile that. It is one of those no-win paradoxes. It is where two conflicting human nature(s) butt their heads together. competition, profit, sport, international propaganda. I think it is about thinking that one is watching a sport when the product is a business commodity. It just looks and feels and sounds and smells like sport, but it is not.

what am I doing here? good question. blame zg

Why bother having a dig at me if you in fact agree with my position that the post was unacceptable?

I asked the poster to be respectful to others - I didn't pass any comment on the content of his post. Both the posters involved in the interchange have the right to comment on doping.

Perhaps you might let me moderate the board the way I see fit. I was gentle and tolerant to all concerned, as I always try to be. You might show me a little respect. Or not.
Come on mate, where did I have a dig at you? I said "in fairness the claims" made by a different poster were "unsubstantiated."

If you think that's having a dig at you then you've completely misread the post. There was not one ounce of disrespect whatsoever. If you took it that way I think you've misconstrued my intentions.

We should all have the freedom to say “Richmond are probably doping in some capacity. There’s probably doping at the bulldogs”

If you want to take the naive viewpoint that everyone is clean then go for it. But there’s a world where it’s highly possible and heavily incentivised.

These aren’t accusations this is speculation based on the reality that Aussie rules has been found out as a rotten league regarding doping this decade
I disagree.
We have the freedom to suggest AFL clubs and players dope. We do not have the right to suggest specific clubs and players dope, unless we have evidence to suggest it is the case.

I disagree.
We have the freedom to suggest AFL clubs and players dope. We do not have the right to suggest specific clubs and players dope, unless we have evidence to suggest it is the case.
but you are conferring values based judgement on PEDs. It is an Outsider-Insider problem. I am also n 'outsider', but i do claim to be able to access an insider pov. I don't make character based judgement or defamed individuals wrt doping. I followed cycling for too long and got burnt, but the individuals are cogs in a system.

Last edited:
Grabbed a coffee at L'espresso in Ballarat this morning, sitting in a corner with caps pulled low over their faces was Bevo, chatting to our new list manager MacraeBF and new recruiting guru Patrick Dangerfield. They thought no-one could recognise them, but I was onto them straight away. It was confirmed when a large hulking guy with a limp came and sat with them, and they all called him "General". All I heard him say was "knees are great, ruck or half back suits me fine, just get me here...". As I was leaving, some weedy guy wearing purple and large glasses snuck out as well, muttering something about sliding doors.

This is all F.A.C.T. - I took a sneaky photo with my smart phone as evidence - that's Bevo's hands, and I'm sitting inconspicuously on Paddy's knee:

photo0jpg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staff factoid although minor.

One of the applicants for the S&C position is an Aussie currently living abroad in the UK and would be an amazing get. More qualified and experienced than Inness the guy who he would be reporting to.

Has experience in professional soccer in the UK and will be very in demand now that he is post PhD. Will be applying to EPL teams, the NZ olympic team, and college NFL teams though.

Bulldogs shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth on this one. Someone like him might be able to turn a Marcus Adams type around with a special program.

One of the applicants for the S&C position is an Aussie currently living abroad in the UK and would be an amazing get. More qualified and experienced than Inness the guy who he would be reporting to.

Has experience in professional soccer in the UK and will be very in demand now that he is post PhD. Will be applying to EPL teams, the NZ olympic team, and college NFL teams though.

Bulldogs shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth on this one. Someone like him might be able to turn a Marcus Adams type around with a special program.
I'll take a top level S+C coach over securing Kelly, it can't be understated how important it is that we fix the injury issues that have been plaguing this team for 4 years now

Teach him not to trip over the dog, or stand under a coconut tree? :thumbsu:

Word going around we're into Swans forward James Rose, will try link a Tweet

Ironically, the guy Sydney got in out pick swap with them for Biggs

W.Bulldogs acquire Shane Biggs & Pick 39 (Declan Hamilton) from Sydney for Pick 37 (James Rose)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back