2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i'm certainly ripping my team apart :(

Midfield ......perfect
Rucks .........perfect
Defense .......Happy, apart from bench Rookies
Forwards ......Mmmmm? something had to give .....it's not bad mind you, just would prefer a stronger F4 than Settlefield ?

Still a long way to go though :think:
How is Doedee tracking? Is he actually going to be best 22?

With JLT kicking off this weekend thought it would a good time to sit. Latest version with $105,100 in the reserve bank.

View attachment 461579

With concerns over defense rookies I've cut Oliver and gone to 5 premiums - makes me a tad sad, I love a strong starting midfield (who doesn't) but it's for a better team balance that should pay off in the long run. I think we should have a few good mid rookies lining up Rd1. Most likely looking at going with 2 of LDU/Brayshaw/Brodie/Dow/Setterfield at this stage pending their roles over the JLT and Rd1 selections and round the line out with the best cheap rookies.

Thoughts: McLean and Sicily are my least favourite for at the moment and Billings is very likley to slide in for McLean if he runs through the JLT unscathed. Sicily can stay for now, he was in my original team so I'm backing my gut for the time being and low risk at D4 - might make a decent D7/F7 swingman come the end of year worse case scenario.

We have very similar taste in premos, so a very good side imo.
Only 2 different non rookie options in the first 3 lines.
Diverges a bit in the forwards but can understand why you are picking the players that you are, they just aren't my top choices.

Enjoy coming 2nd this year :D

Interesting... however that blues game sticks out where he copped a hard tag, needs to mature a bit more before scoring consistently

Can't remember which Blues player it was, Lamb maybe, got the better of him, but Sicily was also very hard done by the umps that night, probably because he gave them a serve earlier over some undesirable calls.
He's an ugly campaigner with massive confidence and a bit of shit about him. I love him.

Loves himself more than Danger & that’s saying something. Also can’t handle a tag which will happen if he kills it.

Yeah but Danger tries to be a funny guy.
Big Sis is just a campaigner.

All under control . Name a good fwd. I’m waiting to watch the jlt games and I’ll go from there
Forwards to start with are Heeney, Billings, Starlow.
Other good picks are D.Smith or C.Curnow, Daniher and Buddy.
Ones to wait and have a look for are Greene, Menegola, JK, Lobb.

Thanks mate appreciate the feedback, danger is just a little to much for my liking, question mark is on nic nat
Who would you recommend to replace curnow still got a lot in the salary cap
Hahaha see the post above.
I like Curnow, hes bern in and out my team. With Gibbs gone and maybe Murphy helping down back to cover Doch theres a lot of opportunity for him to see ball get ball.

Hahaha see the post above.
I like Curnow, hes bern in and out my team. With Gibbs gone and maybe Murphy helping down back to cover Doch theres a lot of opportunity for him to see ball get ball.
Good point you make thank you, just gonna have to wait for jlt and see how he goes I guess that's the same for a lot of players

My first crack at a team for the year. Thoughts/changes/improvements? Danger/Titch/Cripps/Laird/Hibberd absolute locks for me. Billings if fit by Round1 is in, Barlow likely to be. My main concerns are Bonner, O'Shea, Doedee, Brodie and Rioli.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 10.27.35 pm.png

My first crack at a team for the year. Thoughts/changes/improvements? Danger/Titch/Cripps/Laird/Hibberd absolute locks for me. Billings if fit by Round1 is in, Barlow likely to be. My main concerns are Bonner, O'Shea, Doedee, Brodie and Rioli.

View attachment 461765

How much cash do you have left over?
Not a fan of Bonner, but can see why people would pick him.
Need at least another premo mid in there, Cripps M4 with rookies there after just won't cut it.
Scrap one of your fwd mid pricers to get it done, probably Cyril, great player, but doesn't play enough games any more, can you back him to get through the start of the season unscathed whilst generating enough cash to flip him to a premo?

View attachment 461765
Interesting that you've gone for a weaker midfield. I don't mind it but I don't really like Cyril at f5, i think you can probably downgrade him and upgrade your midfield. What i do like is that you've gone for the more expensive mid rookies who are looking like the best options and if one bombs you can always downgrade to a cheaper rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much cash do you have left over?
Not a fan of Bonner, but can see why people would pick him.
Need at least another premo mid in there, Cripps M4 with rookies there after just won't cut it.
Scrap one of your fwd mid pricers to get it done, probably Cyril, great player, but doesn't play enough games any more, can you back him to get through the start of the season unscathed whilst generating enough cash to flip him to a premo?
Only 37,000. I've got Bonner in there assuming he plays Round 1. If he doesn't, he gets downgraded to a 120k rookie and one of Richards, Murray or Coffield probably come in. Would downgrade on bench if I had to. Yeah I'm concerned by the lack of premium mids in my side, but it's tough working around it when there aren't many great picks in defence/forward so you find yourself picking mid rangers like Devon Smith (who could have a big year playing mid)

How is Doedee tracking? Is he actually going to be best 22?
Going well .....yes will be best 22 ....his strength is one on one, and marking ....should be a good SC scorer

Interesting that you've gone for a weaker midfield. I don't mind it but I don't really like Cyril at f5, i think you can probably downgrade him and upgrade your midfield. What i do like is that you've gone for the more expensive mid rookies who are looking like the best options and if one bombs you can always downgrade to a cheaper rookie.
Yeah I'm not a massive Cyril fan but if he plays you think he averages at least 80 which would generate at least 100. But relying on him staying fit would be naive. Question is though, who do you replace Cyril with that gets game time? I don't think Higgins or WCE Rioli get a gig first up.

Have to go the more expensive premiums, they're generally safer and the ones that have the most improvement in price - McGrath, Taranto, SPS for example. It hurts when you lose 50k here or there that can be the difference between a Parker and Fyfe but it's a price you need to pay IMO.

It’s quite clear why you aren’t understanding the hype. You clearly didn’t watch his switch to defence.

Forget the season average and focus on his switch to defence in round 14.

93, 87, 109, 104, 97, 130, 107 and 116 with a couple of rubbish scores to lower the average.

He’s only going to improve and he has had a massive pre season. I’ve got him locked as a keeper.
Cheers mate, to be honest wasn’t keeping too much of an eye of him, good to see those scores prop up when moved to defence. One to watch!

View attachment 461765

As nice as the mid rookies are I think we can forgo 1 to 3 of them. Mids are going to be real hard to upgrade to, while all the forwards and defenders will be easy to upgrade to as they all blow

Can't remember which Blues player it was, Lamb maybe, got the better of him, but Sicily was also very hard done by the umps that night, probably because he gave them a serve earlier over some undesirable calls.
He's an ugly campaigner with massive confidence and a bit of shit about him. I love him.

:kony: says :thumbsupemoji:

Thanks mate. Petracca thoughts, Walters
Walters wants more mid time and seems to finally have his body right. Hopefully Ross wants Freo to move into the current era and play more dynamic attacking footy meaning he puts Walters on the ball more.
Definately see Fyfe resting forward probably swapping with Walters.
Neale and the Hill brothers are set up through the centreline so unless Mundy retires or gets injured Walters only avenue to the middle is swapping with Fyfe. Cant see him dropping though so worth the risk I reckon.

Petracca is like Walters a slight injury risk but also looks to have his body right.
He has a few in front of him for midfield time though. More than Walters, plus Melbourne seem to need him up forward. Played less games, not as versatile. Think hes cheaper for a reason and less likely to break out IMO

Pretty boring first effort..

View attachment 461784

Don't like Greene or Gray due to their injuries, could downgrade one of them to a Barlow/Lambert/Smith/Roughead.

You're paying peak price for those 3 defenders, im certain all 3 will drop below 500k at some point. Yeo's still on restricted training, he could become McDonald or Simpson.

Your 4 best players all have the R14 bye in the midfield, you may bleed a few points in that round.

Steph Martin won't score well if Archie Smith plays which will happen at some point.

Each to their own but with a bit of spare cash I'd piss of JOM for Cripps

Very risky team. Gimme dat 50K

Only starting to warm on L McDonald

Changes from last draft:

In: L Mac, Brayshaw, O’Shea, 117K Ruck, C.Rioli

Out: Simpson, Shaw, 123K Def, T.English 117K Fwd

Very cautious on: Sicily, Coniglio, Lycett, D.Smith, Rioli & Christensen

Confident about: Hibberd, Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Jelwood, Gawn.

Keeping a close eye on all others

96B7D96B-32A0-4931-AFE9-0478AE95EDB8.jpeg
9D97BE12-D658-4126-886E-6B28DBE89781.jpeg

Very risky team. Gimme dat 50K

Only starting to warm on L McDonald

Changes from last draft:

In: L Mac, Brayshaw, O’Shea, 117K Ruck, C.Rioli

Out: Simpson, Shaw, 123K Def, T.English 117K Fwd

Very cautious on: Sicily, Coniglio, Lycett, D.Smith, Rioli & Christensen

Confident about: Hibberd, Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Jelwood, Gawn.

Keeping a close eye on all others

View attachment 461788
View attachment 461789
Ballsy but I like this team a fair bit. Defence could pay mass dividends

Don't like Greene or Gray due to their injuries, could downgrade one of them to a Barlow/Lambert/Smith/Roughead.

You're paying peak price for those 3 defenders, im certain all 3 will drop below 500k at some point. Yeo's still on restricted training, he could become McDonald or Simpson.

Your 4 best players all have the R14 bye in the midfield, you may bleed a few points in that round.

Steph Martin won't score well if Archie Smith plays which will happen at some point.

Each to their own but with a bit of spare cash I'd piss of JOM for Cripps

Simmo is in ripping condition and consistent and lmac is a watch list in jlt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back