2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me .....but i have one Port player in Gray ....if he's out, i should at least have bench coverage, so i may lose 20-30 points that week

But there's no coverage ATM for the Rucks ? ......so that's a 100 ppg loss ?

One round. 100 points. I'm not trading rucks at any stage. What's a trade worth?

Pre JLT team. Remaining cash is for expensive rookies, or upgrading a cheaper player were required.

From current team things I'm most interested in JLT:
  • Does a Birchall return effect Sicily
  • Where does McDonald, Smith, Walters play
  • Can Bundy, JOM, NicNat get a JLT game and survive

upload_2018-2-21_12-52-5.png

Way too much money spent on the rookies :eek:
Already has 13-14 keepers and when he downgrades them he'll be able to bring in another 2 premiums and will feel awesome.

Way easier downgrading and upgrading elsewhere then having to downgrade premiums to upgrade a rookie when not named.

Already has 13-14 keepers and when he downgrades them he'll be able to bring in another 2 premiums and will feel awesome.

Way easier downgrading and upgrading elsewhere then having to downgrade premiums to upgrade a rookie when not named.
Depends what hes playing for. Very shallow in the mids will only result in a points deficit early on in the season

One round. 100 points. I'm not trading rucks at any stage. What's a trade worth?
Understand your logic .....but are any of the Rucks, apart from Jacobs & Martin, bullet proof from injury ?

Gawn could go down at any time ......he has a bad injury record

Way too much money spent on the rookies :eek:
Was only a first crack team, rookies will come and go but LDU and Dow locks for me, Brayshaw likely as well for bench if not start position. Thinking 5 prems, 1 mid (Libba) and 2 rookies or just 5 prems and 3 rookies at this stage

Different Ruck Strategy if Lobb and Nic Nat don't look likely to play early on..
Risky down back with 3 on field rookies.

Still tossing up on Danger.. Could start without him and use the cash elsewhere.. I'm sure whatever i do will be the opposite of what i should of done! :)

upload_2018-2-21_15-42-10.png

This was the 2016 winners starting team.

View attachment 461933

Only 10 players over 500K..
Has anyone got last years winners starting team?

Interesting reading.
Think most teams start similarly .....it's the trading & timing of trades that define a season .....that and no RAGE trading

Different Ruck Strategy if Lobb and Nic Nat don't look likely to play early on..
Risky down back with 3 on field rookies.

Still tossing up on Danger.. Could start without him and use the cash elsewhere.. I'm sure whatever i do will be the opposite of what i should of done! :)

View attachment 461953
Think you know the risks ......you've identified the HUGE issue in defense .....and R2 is better not discussed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre JLT team. Remaining cash is for expensive rookies, or upgrading a cheaper player were required.

From current team things I'm most interested in JLT:
  • Does a Birchall return effect Sicily
  • Where does McDonald, Smith, Walters play
  • Can Bundy, JOM, NicNat get a JLT game and survive

View attachment 461924
Interesting that last year everyone had valid reasons not to choose Barlow .........IMO those reasons have not changed

Don't think Birchall affects Sicily .....they play the game differently

The others, i concur with the risks

Interesting that last year everyone had valid reasons not to choose Barlow .........IMO those reasons have not changed

Don't think Birchall affects Sicily .....they play the game differently

The others, i concur with the risks

I think they have... From memory Barlow was mid only last year, and even if he wasnt he was priced at 98 rather than at 84, with doubt over his place in the team at GCS. This year you've got Dew saying he will be pushing into the mid and him smashing time trials. You look at his pre GCS history with years of 110, 112, 93, 98 and even the worst year would still land him as a top 6 FWD in 2017, but at a 50-90k discount.

O’Brien, Coffield and Stephenson on the bench? Waste of money if you ask me. Cheaper rookies will pop up and average similarly.

Ok here's my current team.

Thoughts? I quite like it. It's got some POD's in there.

Not sure on R2, that spot could change as round 1 approaches.

I have come to the conclusion that Danger, Dusty and Mitchell are too expensive to start, same with Laird.

I will try and pick all these guys up as upgrade targets.

Going with the next gen midfield lead by captain Fyfe which I think should offset by not having Danger/Dusty.

Have a great feeling about Witherden this year too....

Team.JPG

JLT watchlist (Besides rookies)

Def:
Sicily, Shaw, Witherden, Jake Lloyd, Luke McDonald, Hanley, Howe, Langdon, Maynard

Mids: Cripps and Kelly

Ruck: Ryder, Lycett, Grundy, Goldstein, Simpson

Forward: Billings, Dahlhaus, Wallis, Lobb, Curnow, Deledio, Wingard, Smith

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 8.32.49 pm.jpg

I can't see much being changed unless there is an injury or some sort of crazy role change. Hibberd and Yeo could both be changed, probably not hibberd. Yeo could be moved if he isn't going to play across half back. I'm not sure about Beams with his injuries and Fyfe also could be switched for Kelly if Fyfe is up forward too much which I think could happen. NicNat will be in if he plays Round 1. Walters could be dropped if I think he won't play enough in the mid but all signs say that he will play the same role he was playing last year. Greene also is iffy; billings or dahlhaus could replace him but I like greene as a bit of a pod.

Last edited:
Ok here's my current team.

Thoughts? I quite like it. It's got some POD's in there.

Not sure on R2, that spot could change as round 1 approaches.

I have come to the conclusion that Danger, Dusty and Mitchell are too expensive to start, same with Laird.

I will try and pick all these guys up as upgrade targets.

Going with the next gen midfield lead by captain Fyfe which I think should offset by not having Danger/Dusty.

Have a great feeling about Witherden this year too....

View attachment 462134
Ballsy to not start with danger or dusty... its hard to time an upgrade. When you want to upgrade there will probably be some must-have bargain or they are really expensive and you cant get them and then you end up not having them for the whole year. Personally, I'd just start with whoever you think will score the most and is most reliable rather than look for value. Look for value when trading during the year.

Ballsy to not start with danger or dusty... its hard to time an upgrade. When you want to upgrade there will probably be some must-have bargain or they are really expensive and you cant get them and then you end up not having them for the whole year. Personally, I'd just start with whoever you think will score the most and is most reliable rather than look for value. Look for value when trading during the year.

Yep, I'm hanging my balls on the line but I like to take risks here and there.

I think my midfield is good enough and evenly spread to cover not having Danger and Dusty short term.

There's just no way that Danger and Dusty will maintain their current price for the first 10 rounds, no way!

Graham and Dow I am hoping I can use to go one down to rookie and one up to Danger when he bottoms out. :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back