2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty good point actually. Forgot about a few games last year. Reckon Gibbs could be a better option?
He's an interesting one. He could average 110 but could also go off half-back or something. I'd go beams over Gibbs around that price. If you want someone from Adelaide's midfield get Matt crouch, hes a ball magnet + tackling machine and won't get much attention because gibbs and sloane are both more dangerous. Hes one of the best PODs imo, he will probably have like 5% ownership to start the year

Ok here's my current team.

Thoughts? I quite like it. It's got some POD's in there.

Not sure on R2, that spot could change as round 1 approaches.

I have come to the conclusion that Danger, Dusty and Mitchell are too expensive to start, same with Laird.

I will try and pick all these guys up as upgrade targets.

Going with the next gen midfield lead by captain Fyfe which I think should offset by not having Danger/Dusty.

Have a great feeling about Witherden this year too....

View attachment 462134

I've come to the conclusion I wish you were in my cash league.

Keen for feedback on my current team.
Backs 50/50 on Shaw or Hanley. Leaning towards Shaw because of Hanleys lack of durability.

Mids 50/50 between Mitchell and Dusty. Leaning towards Mitchell as less low score and could pick up Dusty cheaper. But then Dusty would be a handy VC into Danger. Both Dusty and Danger nice amount of Thursday and Friday night games

Forwards 50/50 on Gray and Billings. If Billings hamstring all good will go with him.

Screenshot_20180221-073903.jpg

I've come to the conclusion I wish you were in my cash league.

LOL! :p

I'm pretty confident in this team, it feels right to me.

I know I'm taking some major risks but I'm going with gut instinct and it's usually served me well in the past....

Keen for feedback on my current team.
Backs 50/50 on Shaw or Hanley. Leaning towards Shaw because of Hanleys lack of durability.

Mids 50/50 between Mitchell and Dusty. Leaning towards Mitchell as less low score and could pick up Dusty cheaper. But then Dusty would be a handy VC into Danger. Both Dusty and Danger nice amount of Thursday and Friday night games

Forwards 50/50 on Gray and Billings. If Billings hamstring all good will go with him.

View attachment 462158

Hanley over Shaw imo due to more midfield time. :thumbsu:

I have come to the conclusion that Danger, Dusty and Mitchell are too expensive to start, same with Laird.

Going with the next gen midfield lead by captain Fyfe which I think should offset by not having Danger/Dusty.

View attachment 462134
Not bad brother.

Personally don’t think any of your defenders will be top 10 but it could pay off or cost you unnecessary trades.

Goldy has Preuss ala Stef. As I said not bad.

View attachment 462134
I understand what you've done .....the $$$ savings though from not having Danger, Dusty, or Mitchell, rather than adding greater depth of players, has simply gone to more expensive Rookies

I'm not sure that was the best use of your savings ? .....i mean your structure looks great, but you could have added that "cherry on top" with one of the 3 SUPER PREMO's , from a (C) & (VC) perspective

Gee i've copped some flak over my Witherden selection .....so i'm glad i have an ally, albeit a slightly eccentric ally :p

Not bad brother.

Personally don’t think any of your defenders will be top 10 but it could pay off or cost you unnecessary trades.

Goldy has Preuss ala Stef. As I said not bad.

I have $83k in the kitty so may upgrade a defender to someone higher up.

I think McDonald and Brahyshaw will be good stepping stones.

Thinking of getting Simpson in for Hanley depending on how the old man goes in the JLT.

Witherden is a flaming gun!

Averaged 87 last year in his rookie season.

I expect at least a 90 average this year which is good enough for D6.

Deadly kick he has on him too.

Last edited:
JLT watchlist (Besides rookies)

Def:
Sicily, Shaw, Witherden, Jake Lloyd, Luke McDonald, Hanley, Howe, Langdon, Maynard

Mids: Cripps and Kelly

Ruck: Ryder, Lycett, Grundy, Goldstein, Simpson

Forward: Billings, Dahlhaus, Wallis, Lobb, Curnow, Deledio, Wingard, Smith

View attachment 462137

I can't see much being changed unless there is an injury or some sort of crazy role change. Hibberd and Yeo could both be changed, probably not hibberd. Yeo could be moved if he isn't going to play across half back. I'm not sure about Beams with his injuries and Fyfe also could be switched for Kelly if Fyfe is up forward too much which I think could happen. NicNat will be in if he plays Round 1. Walters could be dropped if I think he won't play enough in the mid but all signs say that he will play the same role he was playing last year. Greene also is iffy; billings or dahlhaus could replace him but I like greene as a bit of a pod.
Love the side ....Brayshaw selection at D4 could be a masterstroke ....i'm really worried about players with "managed" pre-seasons, Yeo & NN

Overall you'd have to be happy with the sides balance .....ok for Byes ?

Lucky u like to trade. You'll be going hard. You need to play AF, not SC!

You got that right, I luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv to trade. LOL!

I think my team can tread water till round 7 which is when I will be looking to bring in a bottomed out Danger or Dusty.

I wouldn't touch sloane personally. He will get tagged every single week and I'm yet to see him break it.
:'( i have him ......he destroyed my season last year (brought him at his peak) .....but when he goes big, he goes big .....a POD this year, with a minder to get rid of any tag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have $83k in the kitty so may upgrade a defender to someone higher up.

I think McDonald and Brahyshaw will be good stepping stones.

Thinking of getting Simpson in for Hanley depending on how the old many goes in the JLT.
I would definitely try & squeeze a Laird/Hibberd in as D1. Simmo could be a good pick aswell.

I reckon McGovern is the best value pick down back. Lloyd also but he has McVeigh to contend with. Love the Witherden pick but am wary of 2nd year blues.

:'( i have him ......he destroyed my season last year (brought him at his peak) .....but when he goes big, he goes big .....a POD this year, with a minder to get rid of any tag
That’s Sloane & Sicily you have who are no good when it comes to a tag :p

Yep, I'm hanging my balls on the line but I like to take risks here and there.

I think my midfield is good enough and evenly spread to cover not having Danger and Dusty short term.

There's just no way that Danger and Dusty will maintain their current price for the first 10 rounds, no way!

Graham and Dow I am hoping I can use to go one down to rookie and one up to Danger when he bottoms out. :thumbsu:
Yes, but most teams are batting down to M5 or M6, with Danger & Mitchell in ......so you're at a disadvantage currently

You're correct those players (top 3) will drop .....but frankly i'm happy with my team & wouldn't know where to spend the $$$$

I'm not spending big in defense or forwards ......same reasons you've outlined, but mids are more set & forget

E8y48_s-200x150.gif

Sloane got tagged ....scores plummeted as a result .....but still finished with a 110 ave

Been going to anti tagging school

200_d.gif

Sloane got tagged ....scores plummeted as a result .....but still finished with a 110 ave

Been going to anti tagging school

200_d.gif
Crouch>Sloane let’s be honest here

LOL

On a serious note they’re good picks but if they do put up stinkers due to the tag, don’t say I didn’t told you so :p
I'm sure you'll remind me ;) ......i'll laugh though if you bring them in :p

Crouch>Sloane let’s be honest here
Who will teams tag ? ......M.Crouch, Sloane, or Gibbs

We got rid of Sloanes major tagger, Gibson ....by trading for him to Adelaide :cool:

IMHO Sloane handled the tag better towards the end of the season ......
upload_2018-2-21_22-13-13.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back