2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who will teams tag ? ......M.Crouch, Sloane, or Gibbs

We got rid of Sloanes major tagger, Gibson ....by trading for him to Adelaide :cool:

IMHO Sloane handled the tag better towards the end of the season ......
View attachment 462190
Crouch is like Oliver you don’t tag him as they have no real hurt factor, Sloane stats look alright there but I reckon Cripps/Beams would be better value for points.

Crouch is like Oliver you don’t tag him as they have no real hurt factor, Sloane stats look alright there but I reckon Cripps/Beams would be better value for points.
Beams close .....but Sloane less injury issues than Beams

Cripps .....still possible that i downgrade Dusty or Danger, after the JLT .....if i do Cripps will be the man

Surprised more people don’t have Dusty in their teams.

Whilst he may drop in price, his ability to drift forward when having a shyte game early on and then kick 2-3 goals to produce a 100+ score is too hard to ignore!
Shut up dude you are killing me...trying to keep my midfield unit together is like Chicky and Cuzbruz just dropped in for ICE creamz..

No Toby McLean? Good squad tho
Good call and has been in and out. Im not sure if he will up his mid % time. I feel that Libba, Wallis and Dahl will have points to prove in the middle. He is goal kicker and Im not sure on our fwd set up yet and he maybe required down there. On this I will make the bold call that the Bont will win a Brownlow playing CHF our best CHF since Kelvin!!!

Good call and has been in and out. Im not sure if he will up his mid % time. I feel that Libba, Wallis and Dahl will have points to prove in the middle. He is goal kicker and Im not sure on our fwd set up yet and he maybe required down there. On this I will make the bold call that the Bont will win a Brownlow playing CHF our best CHF since Kelvin!!!

I'm keen on Wallis but I'm waiting til JLT, so many players to take points in the Dogs midfield - Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dahl, Wallis, McLean

How do you guys pick your teams structuring around the byes? Does anyone have a general rule for a minimum number of players they want playing each bye with their Round 1 team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok here's my current team.

Thoughts? I quite like it. It's got some POD's in there.

Not sure on R2, that spot could change as round 1 approaches.

I have come to the conclusion that Danger, Dusty and Mitchell are too expensive to start, same with Laird.

I will try and pick all these guys up as upgrade targets.

Going with the next gen midfield lead by captain Fyfe which I think should offset by not having Danger/Dusty.

Have a great feeling about Witherden this year too....

View attachment 462134
Forget Ainsworth from WC

How do you guys pick your teams structuring around the byes? Does anyone have a general rule for a minimum number of players they want playing each bye with their Round 1 team?
Private Parts sends his basic team to Major Moron, who then presents a plan containing a casualty assessment to General Rule.
General Rule then rips up the plan, and asks Major Moron for yet another overhaul.
Major Phukup eventually steps in and makes all the decisions.

SC_Team.jpg

My pre JLT lineup. $31k left over.

Defence:
More reliable, consistent scorers than in the forwards.
Laird a lock.
Simpson a solid campaigner who should benefit with no Docherty.
McDonald to carry on from where he left off during the latter part of last season.
Eye on Savage especially if he takes over Montagna's role. JLT look on him.
Not enough cash to take Hurley, Yeo or Hibberd.

Midfield:
I think going six prems is the way to go.
Had Mitchell but needed funds so Oliver got the jumper instead.
Petruccelle as an M11 loophole.

Rucks:
Going with the flow with Gawn. So if/when he goes down, most are in the :poo: together.
Nankervis to improve after last year being his first full season. Only missed one game when suspended. Got tired later on but should be better now with alot more miles in his legs. No ruck competition. Averaged 88.8 and should push this well into the 90's.

Forwards:
Running very thin here but something had to give and there's not much to pick from anyway. Looks like there will be a good number of rookie forwards to pick from.
Heeney priced to the max. Missing some pre-season. Good pickup option later at a lower price.
If Billings improves his kicking, good chance of being the leading forward. Needs to play a JLT game though.
Giving Dahlhaus another chance and hoping he starts as well as last season. Contract year also.
Christensen "training the house down, raring to go, etc.". Easily the best pick in his price range.
Would have selected Lobb if he did not have injury doubts.

SC_Team.jpg

My pre JLT lineup. $31k left over.

Defence:
More reliable, consistent scorers than in the forwards.
Laird a lock.
Simpson a solid campaigner who should benefit with no Docherty.
McDonald to carry on from where he left off during the latter part of last season.
Eye on Savage especially if he takes over Montagna's role. JLT look on him.
Not enough cash to take Hurley, Yeo or Hibberd.

Midfield:
I think going six prems is the way to go.
Had Mitchell but needed funds so Oliver got the jumper instead.
Petruccelle as an M11 loophole.

Rucks:
Going with the flow with Gawn. So if/when he goes down, most are in the :poo: together.
Nankervis to improve after last year being his first full season. Only missed one game when suspended. Got tired later on but should be better now with alot more miles in his legs. No ruck competition. Averaged 88.8 and should push this well into the 90's.

Forwards:
Running very thin here but something had to give and there's not much to pick from anyway. Looks like there will be a good number of rookie forwards to pick from.
Heeney priced to the max. Missing some pre-season. Good pickup option later at a lower price.
If Billings improves his kicking, good chance of being the leading forward. Needs to play a JLT game though.
Giving Dahlhaus another chance and hoping he starts as well as last season. Contract year also.
Christensen "training the house down, raring to go, etc.". Easily the best pick in his price range.
Would have selected Lobb if he did not have injury doubts.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back