2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm copping Shit for it though .....need some support ;)
It’s a good pick, I have him (and I rode the roller coaster last year). 6 out of first 9 games at Adelaide oval and I think Adelaide will come out firing after the disappointment in the GF. Sloane loves A.O. but more importantly I think Gibbs will actually help him out a bit in the midfield. Finally, it looked like Sloane was finally learning to break the tag at the end of last year.

I’m picking him hoping he will come out of the gates like a bull. It’s start or never with Sloane IMO.

It’s a good pick, I have him (and I rode the roller coaster last year). 6 out of first 9 games at Adelaide oval and I think Adelaide will come out firing after the disappointment in the GF. Sloane loves A.O. but more importantly I think Gibbs will actually help him out a bit in the midfield. Finally, it looked like Sloane was finally learning to break the tag at the end of last year.
I’m picking him hoping he will come out of the gates like a bull. It’s start or never with Sloane IMO.
This! +1

Thought I better post a team before JLT starts and it all goes to shit.
Only have 10k left over but have plenty invested in expensive rookies already, so I won’t mind cutting one if I have too.

Largely the same as last time I posted.
Laird hasn’t left my team since the gold picker opened.
Had a few different D2s to start, but Hibberd firmed as D2 a while ago, only other expensive def I like is McGovern.
Been on McDonald for a while, suits a lot of the criteria I look for in breakout contenders. His ownership has doubled recently, hopefully he can stay a POD after JLT.
Big Sis is a campaigner and I love him. Lead me to draft glory last year so I have to pick him. DPP will come in handy later down the track.

Danger is the best captain option a mile. CD froth over him. Would be shocked is Gaz plays 14> games for the year. Danger will still be SC king.
Dusty is the second best captain option by a mile. Of Dusty’s 178 game career there’s been 3 weeks where I haven’t had him in my team, he scored 159, 118 and 155. Ultra durable. Kicks snag rolls. Best player in the comp.
TMitch just keeps getting the pill. He was wonderful as a starter last year and I expect him to keep just chugging away, don’t think he’s a great C/VC because he doesn’t kick goals, or kick the ball at all for that matter. He’s gonna sit at low 600s/ very high 500s all year. I’ll just pay the extra 50k to have him from the get go and trade in other premo mids that have much higher variance that this little piggy.
Fyfe is back. #1 lock of the season.
Cripps is good value, used to score better when Murphy was out so I think Gibbs out will have the same effect. Another year in the system and an actual pre season. Probably won’t see him start this cheap ever again.

Kruuuuuze, reckon he can crack the #1 ruck hoodoo that no ones been able to since Cox was murdered by Vickery. Has been healthy the last 2 years and really put it all together on the field. No competition for his spot. Good bye round. Good POD.
Who hasn’t picked Max Gawn? He bought me a schooie once. Cool guy.

Heeney is a strong young boi who is very good at footy.
Billing’s finish to last year after a shit start was wonderful, 95+ inbound.
STARlow will plod around and rack up 20+ touches a game and half a dozen tackles. Will be the strongest fella at the GC and will score me heaps of points. If his old man body stays in tact all year I wouldn’t be shocked if he was the #1 FWD scorer.

4C1DB994-ACC1-4544-BA66-7A46BE23F1EE.jpeg

Only have 10k left over but have plenty invested in expensive rookies already, so I won’t mind cutting one if I have too.

Had a few different D2s to start, but Hibberd firmed as D2 a while ago, only other expensive def I like is McGovern.
Been on McDonald for a while, suits a lot of the criteria I look for in breakout contenders. His ownership has doubled recently, hopefully he can stay a POD after JLT.
Big Sis is a campaigner and I love him. Lead me to draft glory last year so I have to pick him. DPP will come in handy later down the track.

Danger is the best captain option a mile. CD froth over him. Would be shocked is Gaz plays 14> games for the year. Danger will still be SC king.
Dusty is the second best captain option by a mile. Of Dusty’s 178 game career there’s been 3 weeks where I haven’t had him in my team, he scored 159, 118 and 155. Ultra durable. Kicks snag rolls. Best player in the comp.
TMitch just keeps getting the pill. He was wonderful as a starter last year and I expect him to keep just chugging away, don’t think he’s a great C/VC because he doesn’t kick goals, or kick the ball at all for that matter. He’s gonna sit at low 600s/ very high 500s all year. I’ll just pay the extra 50k to have him from the get go and trade in other premo mids that have much higher variance that this little piggy.
Cripps is good value, used to score better when Murphy was out so I think Gibbs out will have the same effect. Another year in the system and an actual pre season. Probably won’t see him start this cheap ever again.

Kruuuuuze, reckon he can crack the #1 ruck hoodoo that no ones been able to since Cox was murdered by Vickery. Has been healthy the last 2 years and really put it all together on the field. No competition for his spot. Good bye round. Good POD.

STARlow will plod around and rack up 20+ touches a game and half a dozen tackles. Will be the strongest fella at the GC and will score me heaps of points. If his old man body stays in tact all year I wouldn’t be shocked if he was the #1 FWD scorer.

View attachment 462559
:thumbsu: very very close to my side ......so it must be great ;)

Pre-JLT team:
IMG_0024.PNG

Thoughts:
Defence: I'm not bullish on any backman this year, so I have gone who I think are the 2 safest options in Laird and Hibberd with Wilson as my curveball as I think he will be freos go-to man coming out of defence. I'm not sold on any expensive back rookie.

Midfield: I think I may have spent wayyyy too much in the midfield, but I did so last year and had a good ranking. Those 6 premos are my favourite midfielders and I would be happy for any of them to be a POD against an opponent.
Danger/Dusty/Titch/Kelly: a lot are saying the big 3 but I think with Kelly it's the big 4. All very good captain options.
Sloane: as mentioned, think he is going to have a very good start to year. May slowdown midway through season again but it's a start or never for Sloane with me. May be the one to go though if Cripps or Neale fires in PS.
Fyfe: is life. He is back. Held all last year and saw his confidence grow at end of season. Expecting a big return from Fyfe.
Rooks: not a fan of expensive rooks but if they put their hand up in JLT, I may need to cut Sloane for Cripps.

Rucks: Lycett has given me cash for a good F4. If Lycett or Gawn get injured Ryder is coming straight in whilst they rest on the bench.

Forward: Think Heeney and Billings are safe options. Barlow should get more mid time, ditto Smith.

Happy for thoughts from others!

Pre-JLT team:
View attachment 462560

Thoughts:
Defence: I'm not bullish on any backman this year, so I have gone who I think are the 2 safest options in Laird and Hibberd with Wilson as my curveball as I think he will be freos go-to man coming out of defence. I'm not sold on any expensive back rookie.

Midfield: I think I may have spent wayyyy too much in the midfield, but I did so last year and had a good ranking. Those 6 premos are my favourite midfielders and I would be happy for any of them to be a POD against an opponent.
Danger/Dusty/Titch/Kelly: a lot are saying the big 3 but I think with Kelly it's the big 4. All very good captain options.
Sloane: as mentioned, think he is going to have a very good start to year. May slowdown midway through season again but it's a start or never for Sloane with me. May be the one to go though if Cripps or Neale fires in PS.
Fyfe: is life. He is back. Held all last year and saw his confidence grow at end of season. Expecting a big return from Fyfe.
Rooks: not a fan of expensive rooks but if they put their hand up in JLT, I may need to cut Sloane for Cripps.

Rucks: Lycett has given me cash for a good F4. If Lycett or Gawn get injured Ryder is coming straight in whilst they rest on the bench.

Forward: Think Heeney and Billings are safe options. Barlow should get more mid time, ditto Smith.

Happy for thoughts from others!

Bar Lycett, I think it's good.
Reckon Cripps is a must, but can't fault the other mids you've picked, besided Sloane, but that's only because he shares the same bye as Danger, Dusty and Fyfe.

I'd say you have 14 keepers and 8 of them have the round 14 bye, which won't be an too much of an issue as long as you don't plan on trading any more in, or just tank that round if you play for league wins :thumbsu:

Don’t select rookie that wont play. Youll probably end up with someone dropped early in the year anyways. Get as many playing rookies as possible because someone is always dropped or injured early

Unless a playing D/F presents, I need one to give me a swingset with Sicily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time doing Supercoach this year, so not sure who the best players are compared to the other fantasy formats (I assume that Rioli scores quite well for example)
P71XfdR.png

Defence is solid - still unsure on the Shaw selection, i hope he turns it around but i'm sceptical.

Midfield is quality, most mids will look pretty similar.

Rucks - well we all know the risks with Nic Nat.

Forwards - Greene in doubt for round 1 and i've gotta question the Boak selection? Has been on the decline since 2013.. averages of 106 - 105 - 99 - 91 - 85

Rockliff onboard along with Motlop to me says even less ball for Boak to get his hands on.

View attachment 462559
Really like this side Seymour Skinner. Like the structure of 4 potential premo defenders. Interested in your thoughts on Brandon Ellis from a Tiges perspective, seeing as you mentioned the only other expensive defender you like is McGovern? Ellis is firmly on my watchlist. Do you see any improvement in him?

Midfield strong, with plenty of high priced rookies that can be downgraded prior to round 1 if cheaper versions appear.

Most expensive ruck, would be my only query I guess and that is probably getting a bit pedantic. Kruz is a great option don't get me wrong just not sure about spending $603k there. If only Ryder didn't have that shitty bye. Hopefully a Cameron/English type gets named to cover there.

Forwards similar to mine, although I'm considering taking a risk on Wallis/McLean instead of Billings and get Billings later.

Defence is solid - still unsure on the Shaw selection, i hope he turns it around but i'm sceptical.

Midfield is quality, most mids will look pretty similar.

Rucks - well we all know the risks with Nic Nat.

Forwards - Greene in doubt for round 1 and i've gotta question the Boak selection? Has been on the decline since 2013.. averages of 106 - 105 - 99 - 91 - 85

Rockliff onboard along with Motlop to me says even less ball for Boak to get his hands on.

Any suggestions?

I downgraded Gray to Boak was considering Daniher as had a need for money to fill my last spot.

Any suggestions?

I downgraded Gray to Boak was considering Daniher as had a need for money to fill my last spot.

In that price range i'd look at Barlow, T.McLean, Walters and Petracca to a lesser extent although i dare say you may be swapping DeGoey for him if he doesn't get picked round 1 due to suspension.

I'd keep a keen eye on the first 3 in JLT.
Barlow with no Ablett intrigues me, they need a senior body in the middle.
McLean and Walters finishes to 2017 were very strong, particulary Walters playing through the midfield.

I've also noticed a slight Collingwood theme to your team!
Current listed players, former players and blood lines!

Shaw, Keefe, Murray, Mihocek, Starcevich, Beams, DeGoey, Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back