2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 462429
Anyone feel like taking a stab at this? Would love some really honest feedback. Second-year and looking to shake my dismal debut season.
To give you a more measured response :D

If Lycett comes off, and that’s a pretty big if, then it’s a good team. I think there are ? over your first 3 choices in premo defs, and guys like Laird and Hibberd represent probably safer choices. Aside from that it’s pretty good, you’ll need to ensure you’re ready for the possibility nicnat will be good to go for round 1 and Lycett will be irrelevant which I think is pretty likely.

upload_2018-2-22_16-42-32.png

Key Points:

Big spends at R3 and my floating donut Brander, who is linked with Sicily (If I don't pick Sicily, I don't pick Brander, unless Brander turns out to actually be a playing prospect).

Do I have enough of the expensive rookie types to be comfortable?

This is my favourite team so far, also have a new intro. Would love some thoughts

Like it!
Dawson Simpson is a risky one.
..one I hadn't thought of. If Lobb is indeed out for the first few weeks, he could do well and make some nice cash and trade up later if needed.
Most go for set and forget in the ruck. I have done the same in the past and had planned on the same this year.
Simpson can score okay and I'm playing with my side to see what the benefits could be..Danger could come back in!
Here's hoping Simpson gets a good run early!
There's a lot of chatter about this year being different to past with a lack of solid/lock rookies.
A move like this could be just the thing we need to get ahead this year!
See how JLT goes...

While I really like Naughton, I think there may be some better value picks available. Don't think he'll be lining up round 1 from what I've seen on the doggies board. Wait and see on JLT I suppose!

Team looks quite strong though!

If Prestia is out for round 1 I think Graham will be a great POD, likely getting more midfield minutes.
Don't like KPD's from a SC POV ......only thing worse is Rookie KPD's

To give you a more measured response :D

If Lycett comes off, and that’s a pretty big if, then it’s a good team. I think there are ? over your first 3 choices in premo defs, and guys like Laird and Hibberd represent probably safer choices. Aside from that it’s pretty good, you’ll need to ensure you’re ready for the possibility nicnat will be good to go for round 1 and Lycett will be irrelevant which I think is pretty likely.

Yeah, That's all pretty fair. I was very keen to get L mac into the team rather than someone along the lines of Brayshaw but that meant losing guys like Hurley and Laird. Have tweaked it and it's looking a better already. I'm certainly across the NN and Slyce situation, I think I will be sweating that until the line. upload_2018-2-22_14-35-35.png

Ok .....here's my pre-JLT Team .......obviously "most" Rookies are placeholders

Still a bit of money in the pot & "may" downgrade say a Martin to Cripps, to give me another $200K to shop with

Comments welcome :)

upload_2018-2-22_17-47-29.png
upload_2018-2-22_17-48-59.png

Ok .....here's my pre-JLT Team .......obviously "most" Rookies are placeholders

Still a bit of money in the pot & "may" downgrade say a Martin to Cripps, to give me another $200K to shop with

Comments welcome :)

View attachment 462452
View attachment 462454

I like it. A few risky picks (Witherden, O'Meara, Gray), but all have upside and I've had considered or picked them in my sides so far. Can't find fault with it overall.

Screenshot (520).png
114.3k left in the bank.
I'm pretty happy with this team heading into JLT
Still tossing up between Goldy/Jacobs/McEvoy for the R1 spot and rookies will obviously change as well
Thoughts?

View attachment 462458
114.3k left in the bank.
I'm pretty happy with this team heading into JLT
Still tossing up between Goldy/Jacobs/McEvoy for the R1 spot and rookies will obviously change as well
Thoughts?

Pretty good structure overall. Question marks on Bont, Shaw and McEvoy for me, and you're hoping for McDonald and Petracca to break out, but we're all in that situation.

View attachment 462429
Anyone feel like taking a stab at this? Would love some really honest feedback. Second-year and looking to shake my dismal debut season.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Rule 1..back your gut!
Rule 2..ignore captain dingaling
Rule 3..JLT form is must consider..form over name
Rule 4..keep posting and reading

View attachment 462445

Key Points:

Big spends at R3 and my floating donut Brander, who is linked with Sicily (If I don't pick Sicily, I don't pick Brander, unless Brander turns out to actually be a playing prospect).

Don’t select rookie that wont play. Youll probably end up with someone dropped early in the year anyways. Get as many playing rookies as possible because someone is always dropped or injured early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 462429
How much $$$ do you have left as you should probably have 117K-123K rookies as placeholders because realistically your not going to get 5x 102K playing midfielders

Goldy/Jacobs/McEvoy for the R1 spot and rookies will obviously change as well
Thoughts?
Id avoid McEvoy. Ceglar may come in and spoil his ruck time & scoring ability.

my floating donut Brander, who is linked with Sicily (If I don't pick Sicily, I don't pick Brander, unless Brander turns out to actually be a playing prospect).

I’d consider swapping Brander for Keefe. Keefe could potentially play. 30K cheaper and also has B/F flexibility

You definitely have enough expensive rookie types to be comfortable

Mid price madness. 80k in kitty.
Apart from Setterfield and Doedee rookies are fluid.
Prefer Bont over Cripps. Poor conversion cost a lot of points last year.
Shaw was getting a lot of ball late season but DE down.
Jaeger high risk, high reward. Graham for cash generation.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180222-194800.jpg
    Screenshot_20180222-194800.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 462445

Key Points:

IMO you're fine .......like the side !

You have two GC players with the Rnd 10 bye & no home game till Rnd 11 ......do you think this could be a negative ?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Rule 1..back your gut!
Rule 2..ignore captain dingaling
Rule 3..JLT form is must consider..form over name
Rule 4..keep posting and reading
What's this ?

Tough one man.

I actually think Curnow might get more midfield time then Petracca which now has me second guessing myself. LOL! :eek:
But the club just said Petracca will spend 70% of his gametime in the midfield ? ......do we not believe club-speak :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back