2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd be a bit worried about copping a donut in F6.

I’d prefer to save the $100k odd instead of opting for the only real option in Christensen, who is hardly worth forking out the extra cash for. Also, there aren’t a plethora of rookies to choose from, and those guys are the best of a bad bunch IMO.

Confident one of Ryan, Langdon or Garlett will be playing at any one time. Not ideal, but it’ll be one of the first spots I’ll try and upgrade once cashcows start generating some cash.

Nank or Sandi I reckon.

They should both score well till at least when Ryder comes off his bye.

That way if Sandi is injured by then or if Nank has run out of petrol it wll be a great swap that wont cost you much coin.
I'm backing Nank to be close to the number 1 ruck by season's end. Perfect age profile for a big man. 21 disposals and 7 tackles in 2nd JLT suggests to me that he has considerably built his tank over the off season.

I'm backing Nank to be close to the number 1 ruck by season's end. Perfect age profile for a big man. 21 disposals and 7 tackles in 2nd JLT suggests to me that he has considerably built his tank over the off season.

Man I just went from Nank to Sandilands. LOL!

Now you have me second guessing again! Hah!

Man I just went from Nank to Sandilands. LOL!

Now you have me second guessing again! Hah!
I originally had Kreuzer, but with the lack of R3 and FWD swing options I was worried about a donut given he can cop the odd injury. Nank I think is good value at his price. At the end of the day, I reckon Nank could be a keeper. No way I could say the same about Sandi, so barring injury there is already a trade saved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I originally had Kreuzer, but with the lack of R3 and FWD swing options I was worried about a donut given he can cop the odd injury. Nank I think is good value at his price. At the end of the day, I reckon Nank could be a keeper. No way I could say the same about Sandi, so barring injury there is already a trade saved.

You raise some good points mate.

Food for thought.

I need to ponder on all this now....

You raise some good points mate.

Food for thought.

I need to ponder on all this now....
Just don't come looking for me if Nank does his knee in the first game. :D

Seriously though, I just have a feeling that Nank will be one of the top rucks this year. I know there's only so much you can take out of JLT but 21 disposals and 7 tackles was significant IMO.

my current team, not 100% happy with it since danger went down and now have more money to spend then i know what to do with it.

keep changing my mind with my defence, had mcgrath/sicily/mills but got coffield in at d3 the rest is basically locked in.

mids my first 5 are locked, my rookies are locked just unsure about cogs at the moment i have him just so i can upgrade to danger when he is right but i dont know if thats to much money to spend on a bloke who will be an upgrade after a few rounds.

rucks will depend on how kreuz pulls up, its either stef for kreuz for r1 and gawn is locked r2

fwd, not 100% sure on heeney he will be top 10 fwd but not sure if i trust him after his pre season. billings mclean and smith all but locked in had walters but not sure if i trust ross lyon (i hate him) rookies will change apart from fritsch he is locked and bell is iffy he will play round 1 but is fighting for his spot and not sure what role he has at brisbane, have him at the moment just cause i had left over money.

thoughts guys? kinda confused if i should have a deeper defence and lighter mid.

gf.png

Avoid Nank. Griggs will steal his points.

Anyone rate Travis Boak as a FWD/MID option, only 460k
Not sure what he scored over JLT or last year but felt like he could be a smart pick. Thoughts?

Not sure what he scored over JLT or last year but felt like he could be a smart pick. Thoughts?
Was super keen on him before I saw this

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-03-09/boak-out-of-jlt-clash

The skipper will sit out the game as a precaution after reporting some hamstring tightness.

I know it's only precaution, but since he's been hampered by injuries the last couple years and hasn't been able to run properly, this is not what I want to see

Figure Cameron is probably going to play more games than Keeffe and make more $$ at the same price, so downgraded Keeffe to a rolling donut in Mihocek, who I think could be some chance of games later on off the back of Goldy's injury. Tossing between him and Murphy from the Crows, so will wait and see upon round one selections.

Also changed Sandi to Nank, as I just can't trust Lurch's body (even though I think he'll outscore Nank in the short term). But I also think Nank can improve on last year's effort of shouldering the #1 ruck role for the first time in his career.

Am also chopping and changing between Bont and Selwood; the latter of whom could take a greater share of the points in Danger's absence. Still 50/50 right up until the first bounce.

Apart from those minor dilemmas i'm all but set! :moustache:

View attachment 469435
Cameron plays Sunday r1.
Use him first round as loop IMO.
Pretty sure you will have someone dropped/injured r2. We all will.

I’d prefer to save the $100k odd instead of opting for the only real option in Christensen, who is hardly worth forking out the extra cash for. Also, there aren’t a plethora of rookies to choose from, and those guys are the best of a bad bunch IMO.

Confident one of Ryan, Langdon or Garlett will be playing at any one time. Not ideal, but it’ll be one of the first spots I’ll try and upgrade once cashcows start generating some cash.
Rayner.
Number 1 pick with dpp and got 70 odd this week in jlt. Plays for what most peeps consider to be the 2nd worst team in the comp so should play every week.
Realise he is expensive. So was macgrath last year.

getting old
SC average declining since 2014
lots of new players at Port. uncertainty over role
round 10 bye
hamstring tightness

pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back