2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you got 15 million in your bank!! Trying to figure out how your structure is so good, the realised very light on in the mids. I like it, although I’d drop one DEF premo and chuck another in the midfield!

Thanks mate.

That's certainly an option. I just have a whole lot of faith in the def or fwd rookies at the moment, outside a select few.

If i can find a few more with decent JS i will def upgrade a mid, but dont want to end up with a great midfield but donuts elsewhere.

Depending on what happens with danger, i might have money to do both

If he is out R1 - juicy option. And is playing late in the round - potentially will already have a 70+ score from a bench rookie.

Think I'll just start with Danger even if missing round 1. Trying to come up with the cash to get him in later will be a nightmare and you will be losing points every week while you don't have him.

Good info.Why did you include Laird?

I'm guessing that this is a joke that I don't get?

Edit: prices of players drop if they average the same as last year. It's fine for someone to drop slightly if they are a reliable option to score well (IMO).

Last edited:
Anyone taking a midpricer (ala Conigs, Libba, Arma, O'Meara) with the intention to run with them until R5-6 and flip to Danger once presumably healthy? You'd want the midpricer to increase by 100k and Danger to drop 50-100k to make it worth it...

team.PNG

Kinda happy with this team, if the rookies in def don't come through then I'll go Neale to Laird

Anyone taking a midpricer (ala Conigs, Libba, Arma, O'Meara) with the intention to run with them until R5-6 and flip to Danger once presumably healthy? You'd want the midpricer to increase by 100k and Danger to drop 50-100k to make it worth it...

Hoping to do this, Cogs will probably get injured so I see him as expendable hopefully it works out.

View attachment 469585

Kinda happy with this team, if the rookies in def don't come through then I'll go Neale to Laird

Hoping to do this, Cogs will probably get injured so I see him as expendable hopefully it works out.
Relying on waaaaaay too many rookies in DEF imo

Also quite a few expensive rookies

View attachment 469585

I'd at least have two PREMO's in DEF, Neale to Laird, one of the rookies to Holman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing that this is a joke that I don't get?

Edit: prices of players drop if they average the same as last year. It's fine for someone to drop slightly if they are a reliable option to score well (IMO).
Your chart says he is the 3rd most overpriced player in that list, it wasn't a critisism , just a query.

If the midpricer is averaging enough to make 100k, you wouldn't want to trade them out. Can't see that scenario working

Im taking Coniglio and Libba, they can both average 100

Think I'll just start with Danger even if missing round 1. Trying to come up with the cash to get him in later will be a nightmare and you will be losing points every week while you don't have him.

Yah I agree!
Looked nice being able to get Zerrett and then upgrade Christensen to Petracca, but not really sold on him and having Dangerfield + Rayner seems to make more sense long term.

View attachment 469585

thats not the sort of team i'd post here if i were happy with it.
people will only try to talk you out of it and make you second guess yourself

+ the trade used to get him in, easier to start with him and assess from there IMO

Your thoughts ladies and gents?

Looks good. Roberton and Treloar are nice picks.
My concerns would be on the North boys - as a North fan are you confident in LDU/Ahern job security and scoring ability? I think a lot have been put off by pre-season form but were highly picked previously, so are both POD rookies in a way at the moment.

My first 'no Danger' effort.
I'm not sold. I have some pretty simple ways of getting back to him though which is quite nice.
Still would like another cheap defensive option to emerge so I don't need Coffield burning a hole in my virtual wallet on the pine
upload_2018-3-14_15-19-1.png

Looks good. Roberton and Treloar are nice picks.
My concerns would be on the North boys - as a North fan are you confident in LDU/Ahern job security and scoring ability? I think a lot have been put off by pre-season form but were highly picked previously, so are both POD rookies in a way at the moment.
Cheers,

LDU I am more skeptical about due to the price tag more than anything.

Ahern wasn't picked in JLT due to hammie soreness, so I will have to reassess both players for now and check a few rounds if I have underperforming players/injuries. I am more confident in Ahern scoring than LDU, mainly because Ahern will be playing off half-back where he can get easy uncontested ball, plus he's a bit older and stronger in the upper body, while LDU will be coping attention in the midfield and resting up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back