2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pretty much my final list. Decided to dump Danger, J. Garlett and Rockliff due to injury concerns. Might make a couple more tweaks once teams are named.
View attachment 470007

Mid-priced maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhdness!

Could pay off though, of course. Best of luck, I don't have the rocks to start 1-2 of those guys, let alone the ~6 you have!

Teams done (for good this time) LOL! :drunk:

Couldn't decide out of Smith and Petracca so put them both into my team. Haha! :moustache:

Wont have to worry about my forwards, rucks and mids for a while. :cool::thumbsu:

First priority will be to bring in Dangerfield by using O'Meara as a stepping stone. ;)

Hibberd I will look at bringing into my backline at some point too. :rainbow:

$23,800 left over. :oops:

View attachment 469846
Nice team mate very simular too mine.
I'd put Finlayson into defence for Coffield or Naughton,
and a Barry or Garlet on the mid bench to give you 80k to play with...some Danger money.;)

What are people’s thought on the current team I have

Attachments

• 128C59E5-2C57-4463-B9C3-9B51EEE23DF1.png
    128C59E5-2C57-4463-B9C3-9B51EEE23DF1.png
    273 KB · Views: 14
  • 8C584EAC-45FE-415A-ACFF-925318565BBE.png
    8C584EAC-45FE-415A-ACFF-925318565BBE.png
    261.9 KB · Views: 11
Going to stick with this until teams released. 4.4K left. Happy with the structure, and will downgrade Kelly to another Mid as a cashgrab if required.
Going very deep in the mids, but have the cash with no Danger, and I don't trust any of the expensive forwards.

upload_2018-3-15_15-57-56.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-15_15-57-49.png
    upload_2018-3-15_15-57-49.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 11
  • upload_2018-3-15_15-57-50.png
    upload_2018-3-15_15-57-50.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 10
Would love some feedback on this team ! Pick it apart fellas !
aa3dfab8f8586934d60ab0ba9464dd88.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You mean these "Super" impressive stats ?
View attachment 469711
View attachment 469712
At 27 years old ......are we seriously thinking this is a breakout season ? .....not being cynical, just asking realistically .......seems a lot of weight is being applied to JLT scores (trial game) ??
Wayne I think you are missing the most important bit. Montagna. I even as a St.Kilda supporter have been a big knocker of Savs game but it suits SC. And it looks like he is currently locked in our 22.

Very awkward price but it is a serious consideration to start Sav. I'm still undersided but it could be a great selection.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wayne I think you are missing the most important bit. Montagna. I even as a St.Kilda supporter have been a big knocker of Savs game but it suits SC. And it looks like he is currently locked in our 22.

Very awkward price but it is a serious consideration to start Sav. I'm still undersided but it could be a great selection.

Reckon that Roberton benefits from Joey not being in the team?

Pretty happy with this setup. 205k in the bank for last minute adjustments. Feel free to tear it to shreds.View attachment 469929

ROOxMMM
A premo defender light but one of my favourite teams ive seen in the thread. Lloyd had a few games last year where taken out early and this has reduced his price. Id try and move him in with rookie shuffling and your extra cash and you're set.

My Danger plans:
  • Scenario 1: if he is named, pick him
  • Scenario 2: if he is isn't but it seems highly likely he will play in round 2), then loophole Martin and Banfield, and pick him anyway if they do well. If Banfield/Martin don't do well, then I'd probably go with no Danger and bring in Mitchell.
  • Scenario 3: he is a late out, and martin/banfield dont do well, then pick oliver
  • Scenario 4: if there is a decent chance he will miss round 2 then don't pick him, and plan to get him round 5ish.

Loophole plans:
  • maybe use danger under scenario 2-3
  • pick darcy cameron even if he isn't named
  • probably go with 30 in round one otherwise

Scenario 1-3 team, $15,600 left over

Capture33.JPG

Scenario 4 team, $23,9k left over

sc60.JPG

Was Montagna playing mostly HB or Wing last year ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So i decided to put together a team with a cookie-cutter structure but with different premiums to the norm. Im hoping to show that you can still select a good team without following the group think. As such ive left out Laird/Hibberd/Savage/Sicily/Fyfe/Heeney/Billings etc

17k leftover
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 4.40.28 pm.png

A lot of $$$ for players averaging under 90 ......not many DEF looking ATM to break away from those averages ?

I'm going to wait & watch who breaks out during the season, rather than trying to crystal ball, based on a strange JLT series ?
Considering starting the season with a massive wad of cash, take all reasonable breakout options and then just turn the crap into Danger etc

Locked at d3 for me unless something drastic happens

Considering starting the season with a massive wad of cash, take all reasonable breakout options and then just turn the crap into Danger etc
Considering the same thing.
Would work better in a midprice team than g/r.
Take a whole bunch of 200-350k bets. Upgrade the duds.
I think holding cash like this shows very little faith in your starting selections. While these low end midpricers can be gold dust. Most are not.
In short turning a 200k guy into a premo is almost always the better option.

A lot of $$$ for players averaging under 90 ......not many DEF looking ATM to break away from those averages ?

I'm going to wait & watch who breaks out during the season, rather than trying to crystal ball, based on a strange JLT series ?
Yeah, Ive got the jitters and my squad is gunz and rookiez only.

.... for tonight at least.....
DistinctPoliticalGalapagostortoise-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back