2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wallis was left out of both JLT games. not sure why but it might be worth doing some research if you're going to pick him.
otherwise it looks solid...a little weak in the midfield perhaps. i'd consider making McGrath a rookie and upgrading Rayner

also, whats the plan with Ryder for round 10? i've seen him in a few teams now. are people just happy to cop the donut?

Edit: didnt see Cogs hiding on your bench. mids look much better with him on the field

Kruezer could be an option but I just don't think his body will last the year. I reckon Ryder will be the top ruckman this year, so worth copping the zero at the byes for him imo.

If Geelong name Danger, what time on Sunday do they need to tell us he’s pulled for an emergency? I’m trying to plan my team for the old swtcheroo if he’s named but pulled... Will look something like this

If Danger named: Parker > Danger
If not: Lloyd -> Hibbered
Oliver -> Kelly
Then I have 143k left to play with, could upgrade Mclean to Heeney afterwards. Undecided

View attachment 469918 View attachment 469919

Usually an hour before the bounce

So many teams with Devon Smith! I feel like he's a Sam Gray shaped trap, convince me otherwise.
Has averaged 91.2 and 89 in the past playing predominately in the forward 50

More midfield minutes and hopefully over the injuries that hampered him over the last couple years, should see him go 90 at least

Pretty happy with this setup. 205k in the bank for last minute adjustments. Feel free to tear it to shreds. sc18.jpg

ROOxMMM

If Geelong name Danger, what time on Sunday do they need to tell us he’s pulled for an emergency? I’m trying to plan my team for the old swtcheroo if he’s named but pulled... Will look something like this

Oliver -> Kelly
Then I have 143k left to play with, could upgrade Mclean to Heeney afterwards. Undecided

Not sure about danger, i see him dropping about 100k and then a good switch at about round 7

Cox definitely a risk with Grundy not going to be out of that team any time soon. Caddy is always a tease, I struggle to believe any run of form is real from him.

I've had a bash - just 846 permutations to work through before opening bounce. Would likely straight swap Danger to Titch if any further certainty comes out about Paddy's fitness. Other considerations are I keep flipping Lloyd to Savage to Sicily to Shaw and back again. And Garlett might need to be someone else if he's not in the team.

upload_2018-3-15_11-48-10.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oliver -> Kelly

There is no way he will play round one

treading a risky one here.
Have loaded the backline with 5 potential 90+ scorers, plus Murray who could do pretty well.
It means i have 4 premium mids, a smokey in Graham, plus 3 rookies starting.
The forward line is the biggest gamble. Have not spent big, but i have no rookies starting.
Cash is there to upgrade Higgins to Stephenson if he's not named Rd.1

8ykUbt9.png

What are people's strateges for the Rd1 VC loophole?
Are you picking a $102K player (most likely R3) for the yearly set and forget loophole?
Or picking a rookie that won't debut in Rd1 but should get some games early?
Or just picking 30 players who are named Rd1 and forgoing the VC loophole for this round, thinking that you will have at least 1 out for Rd2?
Or waiting till after the early games to finalise the squad and taking it from there?
Or any other strategies?

I see most people here have gone the no Danger option at this stage and I will admit it makes the rest of the team look stronger but it more than likely will cost you 2 trades to get him in later so am thinking it might be an idea to start with him even if he misses and use him as the VC loophole.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back