2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
treading a risky one here.
Have loaded the backline with 5 potential 90+ scorers, plus Murray who could do pretty well.
It means i have 4 premium mids, a smokey in Graham, plus 3 rookies starting.
The forward line is the biggest gamble. Have not spent big, but i have no rookies starting.
Cash is there to upgrade Higgins to Stephenson if he's not named Rd.1

8ykUbt9.png
Its different and i like it. Some may criticise your lack of guns in the midfield or your mid priced forwards but i dont mind either. Are there a fair few players that i wouldnt pick? Absolutely, but i think i know the thought process behind them. Good luck!

Its different and i like it. Some may criticise your lack of guns in the midfield or your mid priced forwards but i dont mind either. Are there a fair few players that i wouldnt pick? Absolutely, but i think i know the thought process behind them. Good luck!
im ridiculously nervous about this concept
its sink or swim stuff. It will either be a masterstroke or an unfixable disaster.

im hoping ive backed some decent dark horses in that 350-450 range.

Im likely to panic and revert to a standard premium/rookie setup at the last minute

I am sticking with Danger because **** it, and if I am nervous, I will trade him out for literally anybody then back in.

kAkH5Np.png

So many teams with Devon Smith! I feel like he's a Sam Gray shaped trap, convince me otherwise.
will not be predominantly forward.
Was our best mid for the JLT and brings pressure we severely lack.
His tackling and disposal numbers, added to his goal scoring, should see him score pretty well.
averaged 90 last year prior to his injuries playing less midfield time.

What are people's strateges for the Rd1 VC loophole?
Are you picking a $102K player (most likely R3) for the yearly set and forget loophole?
Or picking a rookie that won't debut in Rd1 but should get some games early?
Or just picking 30 players who are named Rd1 and forgoing the VC loophole for this round, thinking that you will have at least 1 out for Rd2?
Or waiting till after the early games to finalise the squad and taking it from there?
Or any other strategies?

I see most people here have gone the no Danger option at this stage and I will admit it makes the rest of the team look stronger but it more than likely will cost you 2 trades to get him in later so am thinking it might be an idea to start with him even if he misses and use him as the VC loophole.

Thoughts?

I’ll probably take a 123K floating def/fwd donut. I’ve never nailed every single rookie pick In my initial team and always expect to make a couple of rookie corrections after round 2, so I might as well try and get a few extra points in the first 2 rounds that way. So it will allow me a VC loophole as well as a forward or defensive rookie loophole.

Some feedback would be great, thanks guys. 41k in the bank.

Def: Laird, Hibberd, Mills, Naughton, Coffield, Murray (Finlayson, Doedee)

Mid: Danger, Dusty, Kelly, Fyfe, Cripps, A Brayshaw, Brodie, T Kelly (Banfield, Barry, Holman)

Ruc: Ryder, Gawn (Cameron)

For: Heeney, Greene, Billings, Petracca, Stephenson, Fritsch (Garlett, Ryan)

I am sticking with Danger because **** it, and if I am nervous, I will trade him out for literally anybody then back in.

Similar to mine except you bat to Cogs at M7 whereas I have JOM M7 and Sicily D4 instead of a Rookie. Also sticking with Danger. Like how you've gone Martin/Gawn.

Marchy 2nd season blues or break-out?

Similar to mine except you bat to Cogs at M7 whereas I have JOM M7 and Sicily D4 instead of a Rookie. Also sticking with Danger. Like how you've gone Martin/Gawn.

Dont mean to be that guy but its Marchbanks 4th year in the AFL

O'Meara in and out of my team.

Only Cripps had a more consistent high-scoring JLT than Marchbank, who averaged 100. If he's going to be getting some of Doc's possessions, I think he can have a really good year, and if not, it's not much of a jump to Sicily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Cripps had a more consistent high-scoring JLT than Marchbank, who averaged 100. If he's going to be getting some of Doc's possessions, I think he can have a really good year, and if not, it's not much of a jump to Sicily.
Good thinking, and "could" be a real possibility ......i debated O'Meara, but he looked better with each game, was moving freely & with no taping of the knee, like he did last year

At his price, i'm hoping for a 90 ave ......the next options were Cogs or Libba, who could both score ave 105 ? .......but that's another $130K plus to upgrade O'Meara ? .....i spent that $130K elsewhere

What are people's strateges for the Rd1 VC loophole?
Are you picking a $102K player (most likely R3) for the yearly set and forget loophole?
Or picking a rookie that won't debut in Rd1 but should get some games early?
Or just picking 30 players who are named Rd1 and forgoing the VC loophole for this round, thinking that you will have at least 1 out for Rd2?
Or waiting till after the early games to finalise the squad and taking it from there?
Or any other strategies?

I see most people here have gone the no Danger option at this stage and I will admit it makes the rest of the team look stronger but it more than likely will cost you 2 trades to get him in later so am thinking it might be an idea to start with him even if he misses and use him as the VC loophole.

Thoughts?

Look at this guy, look at that smile, that's the kinda smile you see when your R3 loophole has just banked the extra 150 points from Dusty's round 1 score against the Blues.
images (11).jpeg

Yeah that's why I just started with Sicily as I trust him more. Interested to see how he goes!

Hi Gents,

Back at it for another year,hopefully it isn't a nightmare like last year.

After twisting and turning for the last 2 weeks, I've finally put something together, no doubt it'll change another 100 times prior to season start.

good luck to all.

Attachments

• 2018-03-15 (2).png
    2018-03-15 (2).png
    298.1 KB · Views: 15
Hi Gents,

Back at it for another year,hopefully it isn't a nightmare like last year.

After twisting and turning for the last 2 weeks, I've finally put something together, no doubt it'll change another 100 times prior to season start.

good luck to all.

Pretty solid cuzz, only concern would be forwards look a bit light

If not yet posted, Zac Giles-Langdon firming for rd 1, according to this:

Yeah, I've heard from 2 of the GWS boys that he'll be playing.

Some feedback would be great, thanks guys. 41k in the bank.

Def: Laird, Hibberd, Mills, Naughton, Coffield, Murray (Finlayson, Doedee)

Mid: Danger, Dusty, Kelly, Fyfe, Cripps, A Brayshaw, Brodie, T Kelly (Banfield, Barry, Holman)

Ruc: Ryder, Gawn (Cameron)

For: Heeney, Greene, Billings, Petracca, Stephenson, Fritsch (Garlett, Ryan)
great team!
just gotta wait on teams for your rookies and Danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back