2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't really looked at the byes yet so the team is subjected to change regarding the teams and how my bye structure looks. But this is the overall structure I think I'm going for with Sicily most likely to end in the backline but currently up forward to help with the shortage of rookies. Would love anyone's thoughts on the current structure and what they would change.

upload_2018-3-17_18-38-11.png

Stand back lads my team is packing guns...:gun:

Capture.PNG

7be05e187138b9dd46cae049016589fd.gif

Last edited:
Made a couple of more changes (can't help myself as it's unlimited trades. LOL!)

Heeney (underdone) to Walters so I can afford to get Cogs at M6 who will become Danger when he drops in price.

Have dropped Hibberd too and brought Savage back in. Had to do this to afford Cogs.

Still pretty happy with this team. Cogs probably best midpricer platform option to upgrade to Danger imo.

Team.JPG

Like the forward line though I'm not sold on Heeney yet given his restricted pre season and not so flash JLT scores. I have him as an upgrade target. Do you see Cogs and Libba as keepers or just stepping stones to premiums? If the answer is the latter I don't think you can have both. Leaves too many players needing upgrading.
Heeney’s a gun, I’m not worried about his JLT in the slightest. He actually scored pretty well for his TOG.

If they all work out I have 16 keepers and not many to upgrade. That’s never going to happen tho. I’d have money on Cogs and D. Smith being keepers. Liber will be M8 for a long time, I see him being somewhere around 100, hopefully 105+ and he’ll stay. Sicily/Petracca will probably be one keeper/one upgrade, see how they go.

I’ll most likely change Sicily/Liber/Petracca to 2 premos + 1 rookie. Less risky, but not as much reward if they all break out.

I’m already taking D. Smith, Cogs and Savage so I’ll probably play it conservatively. Really want to try the 16 keepers tho. Looks potentially dangerous!

Last edited:
Made a couple of more changes (can't help myself as it's unlimited trades. LOL!)

Heeney (underdone) to Walters so I can afford to get Cogs at M6 who will become Danger when he drops in price.

Have dropped Hibberd too and brought Savage back in. Had to do this to afford Cogs.

Still pretty happy with this team. Cogs probably best midpricer platform option to upgrade to Danger imo.

View attachment 471100

Fail.

No Roughead.

Im not sure i have the aggots to start them but blokes like Starlow and L.Mac could be great pods going into the season proper after whats happened the last few weeks. If Barlow wasn't already in contention coming into round 1 which i still find baffling then with Hall out injured then the only reason he wont play is if he ****ed Stuey Dews wife, And assuming Mcdonald is playing round 1 then hes going to be trying to make up for his indisgression in the pre season and prove his worth.

If only Birchall was only a few weeks away id think about starting McDonald and if he goes to shit downgrade him to birch and free up money for the danger upgrade.

Im not sure i have the aggots to start them but blokes like Starlow and L.Mac could be great pods going into the season proper after whats happened the last few weeks. If Barlow wasn't already in contention coming into round 1 which i still find baffling then with Hall out injured then the only reason he wont play is if he ****** Stuey Dews wife, And assuming Mcdonald is playing round 1 then hes going to be trying to make up for his indisgression in the pre season and prove his worth.

If only Birchall was only a few weeks away id think about starting McDonald and if he goes to shit downgrade him to birch and free up money for the danger upgrade.

I see no reason why Barlow wont be named...he is needed now with Hall out and Ablett gone, plus don't think he is injured....if named he in for me.

Thoughts appreciated lads!

Still tossing around the rookies but fairly happy with this.
View attachment 471110View attachment 471111

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’d reshuffle your premiums around so that you start less forward rookies. 3 is too many IMO, you could play one more mid or def rookie and pick another forward premium to get a better balance. Otherwise there’s nothing wrong with your team, bar some questionable rookie selections that can easily be fixed when the teams are named

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see no reason why Barlow wont be named...he is needed now with Hall out and Ablett gone, plus don't think he is injured....if named he in for me.
This is my line of thinking to mate, although now i have Mclean i really like the idea of him, might have to try and re shuffles a few things to keep them both in. Which will be easier said than done, the next week is going to be one big ol stress fest.

This is my line of thinking to mate, although now i have Mclean i really like the idea of him, might have to try and re shuffles a few things to keep them both in. Which will be easier said than done, the next week is going to be one big ol stress fest.

Im unsure about Mclean tbh.....he only went into mids when Jong was out.....with Jong in he played more forward....i think could be a big effect on him....but knowing bevo he rotates 90% of the team into the mids, so who knows.

16 keepers = riskier
McGovern, Murphy
Parker, Holman
Petracca
$32k banked

vs

15 keepers = safer
Coffield, Naughton
Kelly, Brodie
Heeney
$24k banked

Last edited:
It’s all a big balancing act of risk and reward with your structure. How many premiums? how many mid pricers? how many injury risk players? how many break outs? where on the field can you reliably start rookies? Are you considering byes? then it’s pot lock in selecting starting and bench rookies for round 1. So many variables, but it comes down to a lot of luck. And then it comes down to very strategically trading throughout the season. Whoever wins the 50k is brilliant, but also bloody lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back