2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hoddo say goodbye to the 50k
9e8aa690-ed27-0133-2444-0e1b1c96d76b.gif
I have to say Hurn has an incredibly high "mentions in this thread : appearances in teams" ratio :D

I have to say Hurn has an incredibly high "mentions in this thread : appearances in teams" ratio :D
Can't you tell that by the huge inclusions of Hurn in coaches teams on this site ?

qraz0.gif

For the Danger-less, say he returns Rd 3, What are people's strategy for bringing Danger back in?

You guys leaving a spare $100k aside to do a semi-side ways trade early?
In my case, not holding cash ......it's normal to have a couple of corrective trades, Danger will be one, but not a sideways trade .....i kinda know how i'll be getting him back in, but i'll wait till i'm comfortable of no re-occurance

Crack at another year, 20K left in the bank which makes me abit nervous

View attachment 471615
Grundy?
Need a better F5. Premo defender to Brayshay. Fogarty (JS?) to Bell/Dunkley/ Crozier/Taranto. First 2 leave you with 100+k. Sicily, Marchbank other dearer defensive downgrades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried something different this year, really not sure what to think of it though.

Thoughts?
Is the different thing trying to finish worse than 50,000th? Mission accomplished.
Great contribution flog.
Dez! You asked for thoughts and you got them. I think KardiniaPark was being kind having looked at your team. Too many high priced rookies, too many mid pricers and too many speculative picks. Darcy Cameron at R2? He scored 30 odd from nearly a full game in JLT. Good luck.

I love the Marley Williams pick - he's my D2 and think he's primed for a big year, he's looking like he's got a very SC friendly role at North this year. Solid team.
is he durable??
did he take luke mcdonalds role in the second jlt because luke was on the piss?

Last edited:
For the Danger-less, say he returns Rd 3, What are people's strategy for bringing Danger back in?

Probably. I like my side with him, don't see what else I could do with that kind of money.

Probably. I like my side with him, don't see what else I could do with that kind of money.
So you'll be taking the Dangerfield hit for a couple of matches ......big disadvantage if you're going SC overall ....but also potentially the (C) disadvantage

For me, Mitchell replaced Danger .....i have the (C) on him R1

i have NOT planned my team on getting Danger in round 3 or 4. IMO, if i did that, i would ruin my structure and balance of the side. So i'm taking the risk that I wont have him until the last 1/3 of the season

i have NOT planned my team on getting Danger in round 3 or 4. IMO, if i did that, i would ruin my structure and balance of the side. So i'm taking the risk that I wont have him until the last 1/3 of the season
I'm thinking the same thing. Backstrains are really tricky and he has had issues with it for the last six weeks. In the back of his head he is going to have that doubt so I'm really unsure if we will get those long kicks of danger.
on your team - what was your understanding of the jlt2 when it was a tale of two halves where it was two completely different coached. was the first half 'the game plan' and the second half 'take risks and take the game on'. I really liked the second half!! DBJ was quite sublime, is this an enigma or coming off the back of the square may be his thing this year? I see everyone putting bonner in after pittard went down but wondering if we should be looking at DBJ instead??
Your thoughts and observations would be appreciated :thumbsu:

I'm thinking the same thing. Backstrains are really tricky and he has had issues with it for the last six weeks. In the back of his head he is going to have that doubt so I'm really unsure if we will get those long kicks of danger.
on your team - what was your understanding of the jlt2 when it was a tale of two halves where it was two completely different coached. was the first half 'the game plan' and the second half 'take risks and take the game on'. I really liked the second half!! DBJ was quite sublime, is this an enigma or coming off the back of the square may be his thing this year? I see everyone putting bonner in after pittard went down but wondering if we should be looking at DBJ instead??
Your thoughts and observations would be appreciated :thumbsu:
I think the first half, we were kinda lax and the Crows were quite dominant. It was good to see Hinkley read the situation and let us play with freedom the 2nd half. God knows what would have happened if the Crows beat us at Alberton!

DBJ i feel is more a lockdown defender, he will have the odd 80-100 game, but mainly 60s-70s. Bonner is the one you want, but even then, I am not picking him.

Ryder would be the only PA player you would start with as Gray, Rocky, Wingard, Pittard all have a few question marks over roles/scoring etc.

I think the first half, we were kinda lax and the Crows were quite dominant. It was good to see Hinkley read the situation and let us play with freedom the 2nd half. God knows what would have happened if the Crows beat us at Alberton!

DBJ i feel is more a lockdown defender, he will have the odd 80-100 game, but mainly 60s-70s. Bonner is the one you want, but even then, I am not picking him.

Ryder would be the only PA player you would start with as Gray, Rocky, Wingard, Pittard all have a few question marks over roles/scoring etc.
Dougal Howard looked good! $280,000 of awkwardness, but looked good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back