Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

He improved a lot over the course of 2017 and has continued to take some steps forward this season too. Good on him, style of play as a medium power forward reminds me a lot of Stringer or Crameri.

He improved a lot over the course of 2017 and has continued to take some steps forward this season too. Good on him, style of play as a medium power forward reminds me a lot of Stringer or Crameri.
He's trying to base his game on a Tom lynch from Adelaide apparently and i think the club want him to develop him that way as well so They could play Resting ruck as well as Kennedy and Darling.

Waterman from the Eagles got it lads, surprised as I watched the game and didn’t think he stood out must’ve been a quieter week for young fellas then usual

I thought Morrison was stiff this week, but 'weekly' nominations so often are based on a block of form. Waterman has played every game this year, and was probably stiff not to be nominated in round 3. Also, perhaps 2 goals in a close derby swung the vote.

Simpkin: 22 (15 contested), 7 score involvements, 5 tackles, 5 intercepts, 3 clearances and 1 goal.

Whoops sorry, he played 3 games too many last year. Better give the award to a 21 year old bloke.

Did he even get a nomination last year? Not sold on Simpkin...

Agree. did some nice things but wasn't having a huge impact. Certainly deserved to pick up a nomination when taking his season into consideration though. Extremely smart player. Reminds me of Mitch McGovern in his rookie year
I’ve had my eye on him for a while, and I think he’d been better in previous games, my guess is that the derby was a reason for the voters to actually watch our teams so they picked a kid from one of our teams to just get it out of the way. Hopefully one of our lads can follow at the next derby !

I thought Morrison was stiff this week, but 'weekly' nominations so often are based on a block of form. Waterman has played every game this year, and was probably stiff not to be nominated in round 3. Also, perhaps 2 goals in a close derby swung the vote.
I think a lot of Eagles fans were surprised about him getting it. In recent years our lads have been to made to really earn it.

Did he even get a nomination last year? Not sold on Simpkin...

He doesn't run around in space all day contributing 15 meter chip passes, so I can see why you might think that way.

Jack Henry would have to have 1 hand on the nomination for this week already. 10 intercepts including 3 contested marks to dominate in the air down back. Not many Geelong fans knew why he'd been selected in round 2 or why he was kept the first couple of weeks but he showed why the coaching staff rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Henry would have to have 1 hand on the nomination for this week already. 10 intercepts including 3 contested marks to dominate in the air down back. Not many Geelong fans knew why he'd been selected in round 2 or why he was kept the first couple of weeks but he showed why the coaching staff rate him.
Plays a lot like Lever.

Who'd be in front currently?

I'd say Stephenson has been the clear standout

Very even year. Will depend on who plays better towards the back end. 2nd year players will have the advantage there.

Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back