2018 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 old school JLT games then the aflx shit
That's simply a marketing ploy by the AFL to raise the profile of AFLX ........really for AFL clubs, it should be AFLX first, followed by JLT

AFL thinks the gap between completion of JLT and season will be too large for clubs to not play their best players in AFLX ........continued manipulation by the AFL of clubs & the Comp

Ryan and Venables are locks.

Ryan was a gun in the WAFL last year and is mature aged and ready to go.
Venables was a top 10 pick and has done 2 AFL preseasons and can kick goals. Will play HFF and rotate MID.

Rioli is Rioli. Only thing holding him back is fitness and injuries. He's good to go so far this year but either way he won't score as well as Ryan or Venables.

Then there's Ahh Chee who is just over rookie price at 255k. I'm locking that ****er in. He can mark and kick goals, is an attacking player and will get plenty of time on ball. There's a role for him in our best 22. All his to lose now.

My FWD line...

JJK Darling Ahh Chee
Venables Ryan Rioli

What should I spend my 50k on?

Ryan and Venables are locks.

Ryan was a gun in the WAFL last year and is mature aged and ready to go.
Venables was a top 10 pick and has done 2 AFL preseasons and can kick goals. Will play HFF and rotate MID.

Rioli is Rioli. Only thing holding him back is fitness and injuries. He's good to go so far this year but either way he won't score as well as Ryan or Venables.

Then there's Ahh Chee who is just over rookie price at 255k. I'm locking that ****** in. He can mark and kick goals, is an attacking player and will get plenty of time on ball. There's a role for him in our best 22. All his to lose now.

My FWD line...

JJK Darling Ahh Chee
Venables Ryan Rioli

What should I spend my 50k on?
Coke.

Liam Ryan is a trap pick in my opinion.

WAFL defence looked pretty soft in the videos I saw, won't get away with half of the stuff he did at AFL level I reckon, not in his first year anyway.

Also the reported concerns about him were his endurance, ball winning ability and defensive pressure which all 3 are pretty much required as an AFL small forward.

Not this year for me.

Last edited:

WAFL defence looked pretty soft in the videos I saw, won't get away with half of the stuff he did at AFL level I reckon, not in his first year anyway.

Also the reported concerns about him were his endurance, ball winning ability and defensive pressure which all 3 are pretty much required as an AFL small forward.

Not this year for me.
Will Dawson play games?

Sorry if it's been asked Wayne, but what are fog's chances of playing early you reckon? He's been playing against men in the SANFL so I would think he would be good to go

Sorry if it's been asked Wayne, but what are fog's chances of playing early you reckon? He's been playing against men in the SANFL so I would think he would be good to go
Doubt we'll see him break in early .....the question from a GF side will be who he squeezes out ......IMO he'll get maybe 2-3 games thru the year as a taster, but the Crows are likely to take a "big picture" approach & work on getting his fitness up to AFL requirements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this year for me.
Think i'll fall for that trap .....why not, i've been suckered every year thus far :$

Yes. Yes I do jest.
giphy.gif

Will Dawson play games?

Yes I think so. Also a high chance of being a trap pick though.

Long left foot kick, goal kicker, plays inside. He has progressed pretty much the exact same way that Hewett did and he has become a 22 lock for us.

I can't see Liam Ryan scoring too well tbh...

He will probably have a similar role to Josh Hill when he was about and he wasn't was a high possession, tackling chasing type in the WAFL. Hill had about 3 scores over 60 a season.

I think Ahern will be the goods, standout at training from reports and all the right murmurings out of the senior players at the moment. Lateral movement in traffic and vision etc is supposedly elite from the track watchers. I think they will play him off of a wing and give him some free reign.

JS should be very good if he has a decent JLT.

I can't see Liam Ryan scoring too well tbh...

He will probably have a similar role to Josh Hill when he was about and he wasn't was a high possession, tackling chasing type in the WAFL. Hill had about 3 scores over 60 a season.

I think Ahern will be the goods, standout at training from reports and all the right murmurings out of the senior players at the moment. Lateral movement in traffic and vision etc is supposedly elite from the track watchers. I think they will play him off of a wing and give him some free reign.

JS should be very good if he has a decent JLT.
I tend to agree with you bud.

Ryan and Rioli will get games but might not score so well due to being opportunistic small rookie forwards.

Ahern is a top 10 pick. If he's fit he's as good as a lock, especially in the forward line.

Need more Forward rookies
Come at us rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back