List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that Smith was comfortably in the same conversation as some or all of them from last year, and arguably better than Brayshaw, who was picked first of that lot.

Been playing injured for a big chunk of this year, yet still performed very well. He's not widely considered in the mix to go top 4 or 5 in this stronger draft for no reason.
I thought so too but Twomey mentioned the other day his was considered your half back maybe midfielder and I remember reading on here that someone at the club also thinks so. I know it's grain of salt stuff but it still scares me which is why I want the out and out mid in Walsh.

I thought so too but Twomey mentioned the other day his was considered your half back maybe midfielder and I remember reading on here that someone at the club also thinks so. I know it's grain of salt stuff but it still scares me which is why I want the out and out mid in Walsh.
Isn't it that he was playing as a half back last year but has transitioned into a dominant inside mid this year? He was named in the centre in the TAC Cup team of the year and listed as a midfielder in the u18 All Australian team.

Wasn't it Scott that said they're not chasing Steven?
Richo also mentioned he was staying with the Saints.

Irrespective, he says one day that he doesn't know and leaves those decisions up to list management, and then another day says he knows what's going on.

Sorry to intrude but just caught a brief Tom Browne update on 7 news.

It was closed captioned so I missed the name but he mentioned big news from Collingwood with someone expected to request a trade to St Kilda.

Sorry for not providing more detail but thought you guys might be interested when he’s back on during the evening news.

Sorry to intrude but just caught a brief Tom Browne update on 7 news.

It was closed captioned so I missed the name but he mentioned big news from Collingwood with someone expected to request a trade to St Kilda.

Sorry for not providing more detail but thought you guys might be interested when he’s back on during the evening news.
That might be Tommy Browne taking advice on twitter from Chicken Nixon... mentioned the other day that Darcy Moore might be talking to Saints...

He wasn't very definitive... also not sure if chook had been having a few either...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Onya Joff. I've got no idea... cheers champo. Yer he may be 'our' best mid, but he's not a top 20 mid in the game or a star. The opportunity to maybe land a star with pick 3 is way more appealing than Shiel.
A heads up mate just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it's wrong or they have no idea.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't remember mentioning your name, but if the cap fits mate.

I stand by what I said. Anybody who thinks Shell is no go has very little idea.

Won't get him anyway.

Oh and practice what you preach. You are the first to jump down anyone's throat who has the temerity to disagree with any of your opinions.

Sheil is a very very good mid, put him in our mids and we are instantly better.

Moot point as we have little chance of obtaining his services.

Which one of those is wrong? Robert Hession reckons that was the case and he'd know his finances and state of mind at the time pretty well.
Stan Alves will be at RSEA on Thursday. Should I tell him you said hello? He'll know you, yeah GM?
No don't know him personally but I have been at more than one forum where he stated that Lockett would have stayed if we could get anywhere near Sydney's offer.

Unless Alves blatantly lied. Is that what you are saying? Not sure.

Can't remember mentioning your name, but if the cap fits mate.

I stand by what I said. Anybody who thinks Shell is no go has very little idea.

Won't get him anyway.

Oh and practice what you preach. You are the first to jump down anyone's throat who has the temerity to disagree with any of your opinions.

Sheil is a very very good mid, put him in our mids and we are instantly better.

Moot point as we have little chance of obtaining his services.

Haha you said it in a reply to my post. I've never said Shiel is no good. I've repeatedly said that he is a good player just way overrated. Anyway I've had more than enough of talking about a player that will be at either GWS or Hawks. Time to call it a day.

Nothing to do with a Pies player to Saints. Just Hanners having his exit interview with the Swans and he expects him to be at the saints.

Go to the end; Check out @7NewsMelbourne’s Tweet:

The reason I think that if we landed hanners for a second rounder is a good deal is precisely this. Apparently he has had little pre season the last 2 years.
That means there is plenty of upside if you can get him on the track.

He's a massive risk, he's not got preseasons because he's broken down. We will have rely on the medical team that cleared Freeman for a second round pick.

Hannabery was easily in Swans best on weekend and voted their best by Fox Sports.
And RORS even said he was close to their best,who was at the game.

I reckon he was flattered by the wet and dewy conditions, it was his best game for ages. He can't burst from traffic and spread any more and that used to be his bag of ricks. Dal Santo said on the spread no one could keep up with him. He's had to reinvent himself as a full time inside mid and wet weather means he can have a bit more time and space in tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which one of those is wrong? Robert Hession reckons that was the case and he'd know his finances and state of mind at the time pretty well.
Stan Alves will be at RSEA on Thursday. Should I tell him you said hello? He'll know you, yeah GM?
Stan mentioned in a recent ABC interview that Lockett came to him for advice after he received the offer from Sydney. Wasn't sure what to do.

Pretty sure Stan said he wouldn't begrudge him leaving and that Plugger had to make a decision that was best for him. IIRC.

Now that Freeza's gone it would be a waste to just forgo all that good stuff our medical team has learnt about hamstrings - Marco Paparone anyone?

Perfect replacement for Gilbo - if you could get him on the park!!!

PS Had a quick look through the current delisted players - slim pickings indeed - Marco and Billy H are the best of a poor bunch!!

He's a massive risk, he's not got preseasons because he's broken down. We will have rely on the medical team that cleared Freeman for a second round pick.
What’s the risk exactly? A second rounder for potentially an all Australian midfielder? 800k a year? We have no one else to pay. If the medical team think he isn’t an issue then let’s go for it. Nothing else to lose.

What’s the risk exactly? A second rounder for potentially an all Australian midfielder? 800k a year? We have no one else to pay. If the medical team think he isn’t an issue then let’s go for it. Nothing else to lose.
2nd rounder next year will be a pick in the very early twenty's for a bloke that hasnt been able to get match fit for 2 years now, and we going to pay him big $$

2nd rounder next year will be a pick in the very early twenty's for a bloke that hasnt been able to get match fit for 2 years now, and we going to pay him big $$
I agree Mowman, but there’s a part of me that thinks we’d only blunder the pick next year anyway. At least our medical department has runs on the board.

Or again it’s a player that’s 80% of who he was which means he is our second best midfielder

I reckon he was flattered by the wet and dewy conditions, it was his best game for ages. He can't burst from traffic and spread any more and that used to be his bag of ricks. Dal Santo said on the spread no one could keep up with him. He's had to reinvent himself as a full time inside mid and wet weather means he can have a bit more time and space in tight.

Surely though if he gets his body right and gets over the soft tissue injuries he’s had he’ll gain those skills back? Still only 27 - that’s prime time for some players, and he sounds like a real professional.

Richo also mentioned he was staying with the Saints.

Irrespective, he says one day that he doesn't know and leaves those decisions up to list management, and then another day says he knows what's going on.
come on George surely you can understand media speak....
when you dont want to confirm or deny something you state you dont know its not my department... but when you want to flat out deny something you do just that

i mentioned it a while back ... every player on our list is open to offers for trade provided the price is right .... we will have heaps of talk about clubs inquiring about our players services but unless the deal is in our favour we wont be trading them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back