List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your comment kinda encapsulates what a shite state the club is in at the moment, when we're asking ourselves whether poor injury management is restricting output.

I know you didn't mention poor injury management per se, but there are so many cases - Stuv lost a step for most of 2017 after he was seemingly brought back too early from a punctured lung, there were questions over Mav playing injured in 2017 (now it seems maybe he's just crap).

Same for Newnes and Dunstan in 2018 - were they playing injured when they should just be getting rested? Acres too. Plus if Hickey goes through trade you can draw a direct line to his blowing up at Richo over the hammy thing.
Dunstan has averaged just under 22 Disposals a game the past two seasons at 71% efficiency.
Thats decent numbers for a guy who supposedly injured.
Worth a pick in the 20's in my opinion

I’m horrified that we get caught in a moderately competitive loop for years. Maybe a final here or there, but largely all hope of a flag skittled.

All hope of a flag is shot with our existing list as well.
We simply......aren’t good enough .

Dunstan has averaged just under 22 Disposals a game the past two seasons at 71% efficiency.
Thats decent numbers for a guy who supposedly injured.
Worth a pick in the 20's in my opinion

Why would teams pay that when they can get Anthony Miles ( heaps better inside mid ) for less .
Better off packaging Dunstan with someone else for a realistic attempt at a pick in the 20’s.

Would be our best mid by a country mile.
Anybody bagging Sheil has very little idea.

If like the original said, we bagged Sheil, Rankine and Hannebery, for the loss of Stevens and a second, can anybody honestly say our midfield would not be much better than now?

If you believe it wouldn't be, well really not much I could say.

In saying that don't reckon we get Sheil.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Onya Joff. I've got no idea... cheers champo. Yer he may be 'our' best mid, but he's not a top 20 mid in the game or a star. The opportunity to maybe land a star with pick 3 is way more appealing than Shiel.
A heads up mate just because someone's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it's wrong or they have no idea.

I'll preface this by saying I'm certified crazy so it won't happen but if Luke was to have any interest from Sun's I'd give up Luke and next year's first for pick 2. I'm desperate for Sam Walsh, as close as we will ever get to recruiting Josh Kelly.
Make that 2 of us. But I'm more desperate. Having a mate who is gonna be a star play for the club I love is what dreams are made of.

Get rid of our best player and only one with pace and bringing in a banged up Hannebery at $800,000 a year for four plus years and another slow midfielder u have to be kidding

Where in my post did I say bring in Hanners on 800k?

I just said that if I had to choose between Steven for 3 or 4 years or 2 first round picks then I would take the picks.

"Are you going after Dan Hannebery?"
Richo: "Oh I leave that up to our list management team but we're after any good player"

"Is Geelong going after Jack Steven?"
Richo: "No no definitely not"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Wasn't it Scott that said they're not chasing Steven?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I want to know is what is the Club''s (Lether's) list management strategy?

REBUILD MARK 2

I think that it should be Rebuild Mark 2 where we acknowledge that our list is not good enough, but that a medium to long-term fix is required to acquire some real quality players to boost our list full of mainly GOPs to good, with a couple of very goods and only one elite player. This would mean keeping our first pick in the draft, not targeting anyone over 25/26. Trading away some players we can afford to lose like Dunstan, Lonie and hopefully Longer. It may mean for example also losing Steven, but only if it gains early picks or other young very good player/s (and NOT to say help get old players like Hanners). I think Steven should probably stay though as I doubt other clubs will pay enough for him.

We need to keep churning through young to youngish recruits till we turn up some stars. I think that we already have some, but they need proper coaching.

THE ROAD TO NOWHERE 2020

But based on rumours Lethlean seems to be more after supposedly ready to go, but physically dodgey, players of the ilk of Hanners, Menzel and the GOP Lycett (WTF!) which reeks of trying to do enough to not be a basket-case, but which is not going to have any real hope of ever helping us become a Top 4 team.

I would rather that the club just face the fact that we have done many things wrong list/player wise but that this draft/trade period is where we can start doing things right and that should be based on young to youngish (ie up to 25/26) players.

The Dads Army approach is not going to work.

Why would teams pay that when they can get Anthony Miles ( heaps better inside mid ) for less .
Better off packaging Dunstan with someone else for a realistic attempt at a pick in the 20’s.
How many teams do u reckon Miles will play for

What I want to know is what is the Club''s (Lether's) list management strategy?

REBUILD MARK 2

I think that it should be Rebuild Mark 2 where we acknowledge that our list is not good enough, but that a medium to long-term fix is required to acquire some real quality players to boost our list full of mainly GOPs to good, with a couple of very goods and only one elite player. This would mean keeping our first pick in the draft, not targeting anyone over 25/26. Trading away some players we can afford to lose like Dunstan, Lonie and hopefully Longer. It may mean for example also losing Steven, but only if it gains early picks or other young very good player/s (and NOT to say help get old players like Hanners). I think Steven should probably stay though as I doubt other clubs will pay enough for him.

We need to keep churning through young to youngish recruits till we turn up some stars. I think that we already have some, but they need proper coaching.

THE ROAD TO NOWHERE 2020

But based on rumours Lethlean seems to be more after supposedly ready to go, but physically dodgey, players of the ilk of Hanners, Menzel and the GOP Lycett (WTF!) which reeks of trying to do enough to not be a basket-case, but which is not going to have any real hope of ever helping us become a Top 4 team.

I would rather that the club just face the fact that we have done many things wrong list/player wise but that this draft/trade period is where we can start doing things right and that should be based on young to youngish (ie up to 25/26) players.

The Dads Army approach is not going to work.

this!!! excellent post

Hannabery was easily in Swans best on weekend and voted their best by Fox Sports.
And RORS even said he was close to their best,who was at the game.
You're kidding surely. Fox Sports? Nowhere near it anywhere reputable. No doubt the week off will have helped his OP but he hung around the pack looking for soft possessions, weak as piss, and then butchered it. 54% DE. Fell away to nothing. Go to the AFL's free stats website. He is below average in every single area in the last season except handballs, where he is just average.

Make that 2 of us. But I'm more desperate. Having a mate who is gonna be a star play for the club I love is what dreams are made of.

Get him to tank the combine and interviews then. As exciting as Rankine is he is still another project mid.

If we are prepared to stump up over a million for Gaff and still get bugger all interest let's pay up for pick two assuming pick one goes to the Crows.

Last year there was Cerra, Brayshaw, Dow, LDU etc and this year there is Walsh then crickets as pure out and out guaranteed midfield guns. Please Saints being aggressive means getting the best picks too not just selling off our players.

Get him to tank the combine and interviews then. As exciting as Rankine is he is still another project mid.

If we are prepared to stump up over a million for Gaff and still get bugger all interest let's pay up for pick two assuming pick one goes to the Crows.

Last year there was Cerra, Brayshaw, Dow, LDU etc and this year there is Walsh then crickets as pure out and out guaranteed midfield guns. Please Saints being aggressive means getting the best picks too not just selling off our players.
To dedicated and genuine to tank unfortunately.

Last year there was Cerra, Brayshaw, Dow, LDU etc and this year there is Walsh then crickets as pure out and out guaranteed midfield guns.
I would have thought that Smith was comfortably in the same conversation as some or all of them from last year, and arguably better than Brayshaw, who was picked first of that lot.

Been playing injured for a big chunk of this year, yet still performed very well. He's not widely considered in the mix to go top 4 or 5 in this stronger draft for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back