List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asks me why they are different and then goes on to say it’s obviously exaggerated. Why do I need to say how it’s different when you literally just admitted to it being exaggerated?

And the only inside news I’ve ever said is that we’re not as far off as people on here think when it comes to the Shiel race. The next day, it’s revealed we’ve offered 1-1.2 over a minimum of 6 years. So that’s a 100% strike rate, mate.
With your outlandish response I thought I would explain. Most people would have realised what I was getting at. Thanks for Shiel news. Heard it on sen a week ago but maybe many didn’t.

Over 2017/18, Billy has played 22 games and we have won 12, going at a 54% win rate. Over the same period, Hickey has played 18 games and we have won 3 and drawn 1, going at a 19.4% win rate. The club went at a 35% win rate during this time.

Including 2016 takes Hickey's stats to 35.5%, where he played 20 games and he won 10 (worth noting we won the two games he didn't play that year). Billy didn't play at all in 2016, so his stays the same. The clubs total win rate during this time is 41.6%

my god, are you all getting sucked into the Hickey/Longer vortex again. Let it go people

So you think longer had more impact than hickey this year. Obviously he didn’t. Just proves how stats mean jack in some cases but typical of kids who can’t watch a game to have an opinion they fall back on stats. As I said hickey has won as many if not more than longer anyway.

You do realise you made no sense at all in that paragraph?

Over 2017/18, Billy has played 22 games and we have won 12, going at a 54% win rate. Over the same period, Hickey has played 18 games and we have won 3 and drawn 1, going at a 19.4% win rate. The club went at a 35% win rate during this time.

Including 2016 takes Hickey's stats to 35.5%, where he played 20 games and he won 10 (worth noting we won the two games he didn't play that year). Billy didn't play at all in 2016, so his stays the same. The clubs total win rate during this time is 41.6%

Ok

With your outlandish response I thought I would explain. Most people would have realised what I was getting at. Thanks for Shiel news. Heard it on sen a week ago but maybe many didn’t.
I’m not open for an argument so I won’t take it further. I also don’t have enough time to listen to SEN so I can’t deny what was said a week ago on there, it may have been brought up.

Also thank you for the insight on Amon. Speed is something the club needs and he might be a handy pickup if we can get him for the right price.

I’m not open for an argument so I won’t take it further. I also don’t have enough time to listen to SEN so I can’t deny what was said a week ago on there, it may have been brought up.

Also thank you for the insight on Amon. Speed is something the club needs and he might be a handy pickup if we can get him for the right price.

He would be very close to free.

Holmes played the last three games in 2015 and 2016m played none in 2017 and was then delisted. I thought he was our best tap ruckman and could not understand why. We have been argueing about Hickey and Longer ever since.
Because he only tapped it. There is more to rucking than tapping a silly ball. WCE seem to know that. Hopefully we do as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played the first few games of the year I 'm guessing , but had a problem in china as the talk has it and didn't play again , his 2nds form was ok as well - can you shed any light on it 66
As I said outside winger who runs all day. Know more about his dad than him. Saw a bit of him at dragons but that was 5 years ago. Just not sure he would be much good in an ordinary side

Longer is a young, uncontracted ruckman whilst Hickey is an older, contracted ruckman. Setting skill aside, the player that would be cheaper to acquire would be Longer given his lack of a contract. The fact that West Coast are not going for the cheaper and younger option should put the Hickey vs Longer debate to bed; if they were equally talented then Longer wins on contract status and youth, so for Hickey to be picked indicates a significant enough gap.

Karl Amon open for a trade. Is 23 and could play on a wing. Haven’t seen much of him though so he could be a spud.
Reminds me of Lonie. Good skills and goal sense, but slightly built. Then again, he's an outside running type. A tad quicker than Lonie as well. Could be worth a spot if we trade JL out. Like for like, or maybe even a slight upgrade.

Will be interesting to see which youngsters step up in the preseason and make a shock round 1 berth, if there are any. This seasons was Long, next to no one rated him at the start of the year and now everyone froths.
The two sliders we get for #3, Rozee and Hately

Hunter and Froffield to be the two who steps up feeding off Stuv, Steele and Hanners

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

People seem to like having a whipping boy for their teams misfortune don't they?..

Truth is Longer is a good ruckman and better than Hickey. Stats and win shares indicate this.

Is Hickey better player around the ground? Of course. It's a trade off. Usually teams benefit more by having a ruckman that can actually ruck and I'd prefer to have setups and a midfield that doesn't have to rely on a ruck to rove their own ball though and a ruck that actually wins more contests.

Could Longer become more fitter and increase his tank and marking ability? Of course. Lets hope a decent pre-season and tutelage under Lade helps. He is 2 years younger than Hickey.

I posted it earlier, but I can see a combo of Marshall rucking forward/ruck and Longer as primary ruck falling back to defence.

As good as Hickey is around the ground, he's not a big goalkicker, great intercept mark (like McEvoy who we let go) and isn't going to win us games. If we can get more class into the midfield, Longer's tap work will be deciding.

Actually Hickeys rucking stats are better than Longer’s as people put up on this site during the season . Having said that I’m officially ending my input into the boring Longer/Hickey debate . I prefer Pierce anyway .......Doh !!

Go Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back