List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I was just going by the votes in the best and fairest. Not my opinion but the coaches. Get it. And to use stats that we won so longer is better is laughable. Just watch the Melbourne game to prove that. And as I said over their careers with us hickey has still be involved in more wins than longer. The stat means nothing. So there you go. Not much opinion there. Just some stats. Hope that is ok. And as I’ve said many times neither are any good but at least hickey plays like rucks do in today’s footy. WCE obviously think that as well because they could chase longer who is uncontracred but have chose to chase a contracted player. Again not my opinion but fact. There you go
Yet it looks like the coaches are getting rid of Hickey so they don’t rate to highly

If we do trade Hickey then I just hope we screw WC. Fact is they will lose Lycett and need a ruckman with NN out, so they are chasing our no.1 ruckman. If we hand him over for a pick in the 30s we are stupid. I would be looking for pick 20 and a player.

The thing that worries me with Longer is that it's pretty clear what his deficiencies are, but he hasn't been able to improve them in the past two years. I'd be worried about having him back as the no1 ruck. The fact he hasn't even re-signed a contract is interesting. Pierce I haven't seen enough of. If we pick up a state league ruck then fine, but I just hope we get proper value for Hickey because if we hand him over for peanuts then we are doing WC a huge favour.

Port fans can't stand him and don't understand how he gets a game. That itself makes it a no from me.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah typical supporters, every time we are interested in a player he's not good enough or their supporters don't rate him that's absolute @rap fickle supporters making comment on players moving :rolleyes: i find it strange, thankfully supporters on a forum don't make the ultimate decision.

Hickey seems to have more currency and his contract gives us a bit more bartering space. That makes him the one to move imo.
Well it depends. If you rate hickey much more than the options then you wouldn’t do it. Unfortunately our coach sees something in longer many others can’t see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why isn't anyone more concerned about Gresh holding off contract talks? Priority #1 is signing the prince.

Is Steele still out of contract?
As others have said, why would he re-sign right now? Wait til a couple of months into next season and he can probably get himself a bigger contract with us. Until players start wanting out publicly, I see no reason for us to be jumping at shadows.

Its pretty obvious we are getting hanners and with the number of players delisted you would think we are also going to get some unproven players from other AFL clubs and other leagues. I would expect one from sandy either being McLean or Hille. I would expect GWS will supply us with an unproven player.Then we will probably trade players but they will be used on draft picks. If we don't get a PP we need to get around pick 20 for Hanners. That's all it will take.

If we do trade Hickey then I just hope we screw WC. Fact is they will lose Lycett and need a ruckman with NN out, so they are chasing our no.1 ruckman. If we hand him over for a pick in the 30s we are stupid. I would be looking for pick 20 and a player.

The thing that worries me with Longer is that it's pretty clear what his deficiencies are, but he hasn't been able to improve them in the past two years. I'd be worried about having him back as the no1 ruck. The fact he hasn't even re-signed a contract is interesting. Pierce I haven't seen enough of. If we pick up a state league ruck then fine, but I just hope we get proper value for Hickey because if we hand him over for peanuts then we are doing WC a huge favour.

We still owe West Coast for screwing us on Cripps.

I'd prefer Marshall as number one ruck to Longer at this point. Twice a year Longer plays a good game ( in years when he plays a lot ).
I'd be choosing the in-form player out of Marshall and Pierce.
If Marshall is a ruck , Battle plays forward.
If Pierce is in the squad, Marshall plays forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back