List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we are still concentrating on mids or running players. Talls can be brought in when needed. Steven isn’t going anywhere. We certainly don’t need talls in any position at the moment unless it’s a ruckman. Or a star but rather use star money on mids
Not often do I agree with you, but spot on here.

There was a reason why we finished 3rd to last considering we were the worst team in the league for contested possessions, clearances etc.

Cant win games of footy if your getting spanked at the coal face.

Not often do I agree with you, but spot on here.

There was a reason why we finished 3rd to last considering we were the worst team in the league for contested possessions, clearances etc.

Cant win games of footy if your getting spanked at the coal face.

I always agree with you and do again. The thing is we have reasonable tall players apart from a ruck. We could do with harder flankers but we do need more class around the ball. If hanners is fit that is a fantastic start but we still need the running outside player.

Just to give non members or members who haven't got the card yet an idea of how awkward it'll be..

View attachment 561404

We are 16th because we don't have enough Jack Stevens.

The only way Jack Steven leaves is for a deal that gets us 2 or more Jack Stevens.

To be honest I'd be stoked if jack was leaving....
because that would involve 2 or more absolute A grade superstars coming in.

This is gold - PMSL!

This needs the Dr Spaceman treatment.
At your service Feerits Elf and Indie Rock :)
f0dzmg.jpg
And at no extra cost, bonus Mavhog :cool:

2cwu1pg.jpg

I hope we are still concentrating on mids or running players. Talls can be brought in when needed. Steven isn’t going anywhere. We certainly don’t need talls in any position at the moment unless it’s a ruckman. Or a star but rather use star money on mids
Mids and run must surely be the priority but you wouldn’t knock back an upgrade or cheap talent.

Mids and run must surely be the priority but you wouldn’t knock back an upgrade or cheap talent.
Well it depends what the upgrade costs in picks and money. And cheap talent is ok but they aren’t easy to get. Having said that we have more luck with that than draft picks. The ideal scenario for me is hanners for around pick 20 and Shiel for pick 4. Won’t happen but would fix the midfield straight away. And that will make the backs and forwards look so much better. No coincidence that Richmond backs now look above average with a great midfield and the pies are winning without half their backs.

Well it depends what the upgrade costs in picks and money. And cheap talent is ok but they aren’t easy to get. Having said that we have more luck with that than draft picks. The ideal scenario for me is hanners for around pick 20 and Shiel for pick 4. Won’t happen but would fix the midfield straight away. And that will make the backs and forwards look so much better. No coincidence that Richmond backs now look above average with a great midfield and the pies are winning without half their backs.
I always thought if we had 1 more quality mid against Geelong and Collingwood we would have won 2 more flags.

This is purely a hypothetical (so take it however you want), but had Jack Lonie played the full season the way he did in the last five rounds he would have come 3rd in the B & F and 1st in the goal kicking (with 48+ goals) - and would have almost certainly been named in the AA squad!

Unfortunately it took him most of the year to ‘find his mojo’ (aka self-confidence), so hopefully now that he knows what he is capable of, he can put together a full season of good footy next year.

I just hope we don’t trade him and he ends up reaching his potential with another club.
Surprised David King hasn't got wind of this with his adjusted gametime theory!

Hard to find quality midfielders with late selections so I'm hoping we pick up a kid with agility and pace that loves a tackle with one of our 4th rounders. Gresham, Billings & McCartin are all below average for forward pressure, leaving too much for the likes of Lonie or Long to cover for them. I feel that small forward role is a weakness for us in terms of depth, knowing that Wright, Connellan & Minchington are gone and we don't have much faith in Weller.

West Coast can probably just give us the compo they get for Lycett… end up with a better ruckman and save 300K per year in the process, they will be laughing at this deal.
thats pretty much how i see it ... the likes of Gaff Shuey Yeo ect make Lycett look a lot better than he is so they will sell him high and buy in Hickey at a low ... Hickey looks below average at times in part due to our midfield not being the greatest in the AFL (and in a large part his own inability) put him in the WCE who have history of churning out the best rucks over a long period of time (Gardi, Cox, NicNat...) i reckon Hickey will be on the cusp of All australian ... that said i do think the trade is needed i just wish we could have fooled WCE into taking Billy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if we can't get a half decent pick for Longer who we paid plenty for… we definitely shouldn't be keeping him as our #1 ruck option.

McEvoy
9 into 18

Hickey
13 into 30-odd?

Longer
25 into the 50's

Great stuff saints.

Stanley the only one against the trend… but we butchered that golden pick anyway.

interesting trade scenario put to me this arvo by a WCE fan (please note not a rumour not ascoop of inside info just a scenario)

WCE - lose Gaff to North and Lycett to Port this gets them roughly pick 15 and pick 25 both those get traded to Geelong for Tim Kelly .. Geelong then offer pick 11 and pick 15 to St Kilda for Jack Steven leaving St Kilda with pick 3,11 & 15 in the draft ....

obviously Jack isnt going anywhere so its all just BS talking but its an interesting prospect that honestly i would consider...

interesting trade scenario put to me this arvo by a WCE fan (please note not a rumour not ascoop of inside info just a scenario)

WCE - lose Gaff to North and Lycett to Port this gets them roughly pick 15 and pick 25 both those get traded to Geelong for Tim Kelly .. Geelong then offer pick 11 and pick 15 to St Kilda for Jack Steven leaving St Kilda with pick 3,11 & 15 in the draft ....

obviously Jack isnt going anywhere so its all just BS talking but its an interesting prospect that honestly i would consider...

Getting rid of our best player for unknown players. Madness at the highest extreme.

thats pretty much how i see it ... the likes of Gaff Shuey Yeo ect make Lycett look a lot better than he is so they will sell him high and buy in Hickey at a low ... Hickey looks below average at times in part due to our midfield not being the greatest in the AFL (and in a large part his own inability) put him in the WCE who have history of churning out the best rucks over a long period of time (Gardi, Cox, NicNat...) i reckon Hickey will be on the cusp of All australian ... that said i do think the trade is needed i just wish we could have fooled WCE into taking Billy

I don’t share that optimism of Tom myself ..having seen his ankles .

I don’t share that optimism of Tom myself ..having seen his ankles .

In fact will say the Eagles will rue not drafting Tim English when they could have got him .

Eagles didn’t need player like Venables , their supporters scoffed about it at the time.

Well if we can't get a half decent pick for Longer who we paid plenty for… we definitely shouldn't be keeping him as our #1 ruck option.

McEvoy
9 into 18

Hickey
13 into 30-odd?

Longer
25 into the 50's

Great stuff saints.

Stanley the only one against the trend… but we butchered that golden pick anyway.

Got a better deal for McEvoy than just 18 - Savage plus 19 (Acres), 24 & about 60 out. They would be mad to trade Longer for 50s, better to keep him. Get him fit and he will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back