List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finlayson given Scrimshaw's kicking wasn't called into question.

Finlayson 3.2s for 20m sprint at the draft combine (Joel Wilkinson holds the record with 2.75s).
Goddard did 2.98 for the 20 mts , 3.2 is not quick unless he has top end speed ?

Would take him over anyone in our current backline bar Robbo (if he can get back) and Carlisle. Comparing him to Savage/McKenzie/Newnes/Rice/Geary that all play there and he is a brownlow medalist.
Jimmy is better then him as well.

You cant compare someone who is 196cm to Savage/Geary/Rice etc considering they would play on completely different players so he wouldn't be taking their spots.

On the Stuv talk, two possible reasons:

- we're throwing money at players from other clubs, and perhaps Steven's manager sees an opportunity for a contract extension with more money
- Geelong think they can browbeat us into submission

Jimmy is better then him as well.

You cant compare someone who is 196cm to Savage/Geary/Rice etc considering they would play on completely different players so he wouldn't be taking their spots.

Well one is 3 years and 70 games more experienced than the other. At the same age I'd confidently say Finlayson has him covered. I'm not fussed who they play on as they all form our backline. Finlayson could easily replace every one of the above with Webster playing more defensive if need be.

Actually heard that Steven requested a trade to Geelong in his exit interview and then Richo found himself in the movie Groundhog Day but instead of trying to pump Andie McDowell he had to keep playing the same day over and over again until he convinced Jack to stay a Saint.

This is why it appears Richo has aged about 10 years over the last few weeks.

Goddard did 2.98 for the 20 mts , 3.2 is not quick unless he has top end speed ?
No, it's relatively poor but I note the Telstra tracker clocked him at 34.8kmh top speed earlier this year.

Now where the hell did I get that 3.2s from? I can't find it anywhere now. I think the lesson to be learned is that you can't trust what you read on the internet.

Edit: oh wait here it is

Last edited:
Red Sox clinched the AL East and the browns are just about to win a game up 21 - 17 with a minute left and the ball.

Actually heard that Steven requested a trade to Geelong in his exit interview and then Richo found himself in the movie Groundhog Day but instead of trying to pump Andie McDowell he had to keep playing the same day over and over again until he convinced Jack to stay a Saint.
Groundhog_Day_122.jpg

Richo: "What would you do if you were stuck in one place, and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered?"

1*R2_ZfhzE-UbaPK24RSDxSQ.png

Stuv: "That about sums it up for me."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Stuv talk, two possible reasons:

- we're throwing money at players from other clubs, and perhaps Steven's manager sees an opportunity for a contract extension with more money
- Geelong think they can browbeat us into submission

Fair call Punter. Stuv's manager should be trying to maximise his value for the next 4-5 years, and best way to do that is to get an extension on good money now, rather than in 2 years when he is 2 years older, not as critical to us, and probably declining somewhat.

The club should wait 1-2 years, and if we are on the improve he will stay anyway, and if we are no good, we will be happy to offload if he so wishes in order to re-generate/re-build again (heaven forbid).

I would be shattered if Jack leaves. Obviously Geelong luv him and want him so I hope our Coaches are of the same opinion. He might be waiting to see who else falls our way- get moving Lethers. Sad that the club really haven't supported Seb and Jack. Way too long as our only really good midfielders

Any news on Luke Dunstan? Really like the bloke but can't see him in the 22 with Steele and Hannebery as our contested bulls plus Gresham, Billings, Acres and Clark hopefully spending more time in the centre next year

This is purely a hypothetical (so take it however you want), but had Jack Lonie played the full season the way he did in the last five rounds he would have come 3rd in the B & F and 1st in the goal kicking (with 48+ goals) - and would have almost certainly been named in the AA squad!

Unfortunately it took him most of the year to ‘find his mojo’ (aka self-confidence), so hopefully now that he knows what he is capable of, he can put together a full season of good footy next year.

I just hope we don’t trade him and he ends up reaching his potential with another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back