Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton are saying they are open to trading picks this year. So if we have pick 1, which is looking highly likely, we could again be trading with Adelaide.

Looking at what each draft pick is worth as per AFL website points table and have come up with a possible. Interested to hear what other teams fans,and Adelaide fans views are on it.

IF SOS believes there is more value in gaining multiple picks in the top 25 and Adelaide are set on the ‘once in a generation’ South Aussie forward, Lukosius, then a fair deal could be done.

Carlton trade pick 1 & 26 (Adelaide 2nd rounder in Gibbs trade) to Adelaide (3769 points) for picks 8,13 & 19 (Carlton 2nd rounder in Gibbs trade).... 3711 points.

Adelaide get Lukosius and pick 26.

Carlton get picks 8, 13, 19 along with their western bullies 2nd rounder (pick 23) from last years trading.

The points add up, and Adelaide probably think this year is an aberration and with injured players returning, camp nightmare behind them, plus Lukosius they can contend again.

As is always the case with high draft picks, particularly no.1, Adelaide may have to pay ‘overs’ and throw in a player. If Adelaide don’t want the trade we look elsewhere.

Carlton are saying they are open to trading picks this year. So if we have pick 1, which is looking highly likely, we could again be trading with Adelaide.

Looking at what each draft pick is worth as per AFL website points table and have come up with a possible. Interested to hear what other teams fans,and Adelaide fans views are on it.

IF SOS believes there is more value in gaining multiple picks in the top 25 and Adelaide are set on the ‘once in a generation’ South Aussie forward, Lukosius, then a fair deal could be done.

Carlton trade pick 1 & 26 (Adelaide 2nd rounder in Gibbs trade) to Adelaide (3769 points) for picks 8,13 & 19 (Carlton 2nd rounder in Gibbs trade).... 3711 points.

Carlton get picks 8, 13, 19 along with their western bullies 2nd rounder (pick 23) from last years trading.

The points add up, and Adelaide probably think this year is an aberration and with injured players returning, camp nightmare behind them, plus Lukosius they can contend again.

As is always the case with high draft picks, particularly no.1, Adelaide may have to pay ‘overs’ and throw in a player. If Adelaide don’t want the trade we look elsewhere.
Did the Bullies pick 23 add to the point system , quite dodgy from you if not added in .

Did the Bullies pick 23 add to the point system , quite dodgy from you if not added in .
Wow. You don’t get it do you? Why would the bullies pick points be added?

Bullies pick was just included in my post because that’s what we will get. It has
nothing to do with the Carlton and Adelaide trade scenario I put up, just showing what draft picks we would end up with if this scenario went through.

Nothing dodgy at all.. very strange post from you.

You're going too easy on Adelaide there. They want Lukosius more than you need multiple picks. If I were Carlton i'd be going in with pick 1 for 8, 13, 19 at the minimum. F*&k Adelaide.

Wow. You don’t get it do you? Why would the bullies pick points be added?

Bullies pick was just included in my post because that’s what we will get. It has
nothing to do with the Carlton and Adelaide trade scenario I put up, just showing what draft picks we would end up with if this scenario went through.

Nothing dodgy at all.. very strange post from you.
Why use point then? Just said what you demand out of your Pick , cut your story short . Weird that season not even end yet you already put up the white flag your team will finish last .

Why use point then? Just said what you demand out of your Pick , cut your story short . Weird that season not even end yet you already put up the white flag your team will finish last .
I can’t really understand what you are trying to say. I get it that you are trolling and trying to get a rise, but your English and reasoning are quite flawed.

Not really sure why you would be trolling; whatever floats your boat.

Looking forward to some balanced, reasonable discussions around the trade scenario so please go troll elsewhere so we can get back on topic.

I can’t really understand what you are trying to say. I get it that you are trolling and trying to get a rise, but your English and reasoning are quite flawed.

Looking forward to some balanced, reasonable discussions around the trade scenario so please go troll elsewhere so we can get back on topic.
Simple English , summarised you story , get your messenge across to a wider audience . What is trolling ? You can explained to me with your excellent English .

Last edited:

They may well get another early pick for Sloane ..if Band1 .. it would be after their R1..

Because of the demand for that pick... id say if Carlton are going to trade it they would have to get more. Maybe 8,9 and 19 = 3968
But id imagine GWS would be in the game..with your history of trading with them.. Imagine getting Shiel in a deal some how but still having a stake in the daft.

Its been 17 years since anyone has dared to trade the r1.. if you are going to do it you will get overs or not do it.

Last edited:
They may well get another early pick for Sloane ..if Band1 .. it would be after their R1..

Because of the demand for that pick... id say if Carlton are going to trade it they would have to get more. Maybe 8,9 and 19 = 3968
But id imagine GWS would be in the game..with your history of trading with them.. Imagine getting Shiel in a deal some how but syll having a stake in the daft.

Its been 17 years since anyone has dared to trade the r1.. if you are going to do it you will get overs or not do it.
Yes. I’d think if we are in the position of having pick 1, and clubs show an interest, we will be asking plenty. As a Carlton fan would like to end with a top 5 pick...not sure how this could be done though..

He is an ex-Freo supporter that used to go under the moniker "meima." He deactivated that account and started supporting the Suns. As per his new username, he's actually more of a Peel Thunder supporter. His English is actually pretty good, he deliberately uses broken English because he knows it gets a rise out of other Big Footy users.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hate people using the point system as comparison in picks. theres lots LOTS of trades you could come up with that is equal on points but the team with the higher pick would never do, ever.
Yeah. I understand it’s not all about points. Just trying to see what people’s views are on what trading a pick 1 is worth. Used the points to illustrate what ‘the system’ sees as a fair deal. No doubt there’s a lot more at play..

Are you sure Carlton will finish Last ?
Still up in the air IMO, we play the Blues at the Gabba Saturday week, it could come down to that.

If we end up with pick 1 I wouldn't be trading it away unless it was similar to our deal with the Giants when we got McCluggage and Berry in the 2016 draft.
ie. We gave up our picks 2, 31, 51 and 60 for the Giants 3 and 16.

eg. pick 1 and 36 for picks 3-4 and 15-16 or similar.

I can't see a club at the moment that could do a deal like that.

We would want a pick high in this draft and there’ll be players around that pick that would suit our needs.
If you're getting Cerra and 6 I'd want something more than 3 and next year's first. If you could get us a pick in the 15-25 range this year i'd consider it. I think we'd be targeting a small forward/midfielder this year (Ian Hill) and he'd still be available around 10 so I think we'd be looking to turn 6 into two picks this year anyway.

Hypothetically Adam Cerra wants out...

Pick 3 and a future first for Cerra and pick 6

Gives Freo the chance to take Max King at 3

Thats a crazy trade from a bottom the ladder club... OK if its Richmond or something but P3 and then maybe P3 again... or worse P1..

yes Ok you get 6 back... but thats still two very good kids for one very good kid. and thats IF they give you 6...which I doubt somehow.

Last edited:
Still up in the air IMO, we play the Blues at the Gabba Saturday week, it could come down to that.

If we end up with pick 1 I wouldn't be trading it away unless it was similar to our deal with the Giants when we got McCluggage and Berry in the 2016 draft.
ie. We gave up our picks 2, 31, 51 and 60 for the Giants 3 and 16.

eg. pick 1 and 36 for picks 3-4 and 15-16 or similar.

I can't see a club at the moment that could do a deal like that.
If sloane leaves and the crows get band 1 compo and end up with 2 x top 10 picks - say 7 & 8 or 8 & 9, would that be fair for pick 1 or 2 in this draft?

Hypothetically Adam Cerra wants out...

Pick 3 and a future first for Cerra and pick 6

Gives Freo the chance to take Max King at 3
I think that favour's the Saints too much. Given he is contracted and we will be backing ourselves to retain him long term the offer would have to be weighted in our favour. Even top end draft picks are risky as not every kid comes on as expected or is able to perform at AFL level. Cerra while still early days looks to be a winner (that's why you want him). Alot of risk for Freo in your deal, what if everything clicks next year for you guys and your 2019 1st ends up being pick 10? Then we've given up a very promising kid (Pick5) for Pick 10 and a 3 pick upgrade.

This you'll finish above Gold Coast and probably Bullies with their injuries

Pick 4-5ish and your 2019 1st (Pick #7-8ish)
for
Cerra (who was pick 5) and our 2019 2nd rounder (Pick #25)

That's obviously in Freo's favour, but I suspect Freo would prefer to keep him and run the risk of missing out on a great deal believing he will stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back