Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I want the best mid in the draft

As it stands

If Walsh is pick 2 I'd do a swap with Brisbane and get something extra

Maybe doggies second for their second (3-4 pick upgrade).

Curnow already a star forward, plus McKay and even Kerr look likely imo.

McGov and 9 for pick 1 means we get the 4/5th best mid plus have to drop/trade Kerr/McKay
Er, Brisbane want the best mid in the draft, i.e. Sam Wash who happens to be a massive Lions fan.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-05/boot-banger-becomes-a-no1-draft-prospect
It started with his obsession with the Brisbane Lions, a love that sees the club's 2001-03 premiership posters and a signed Michael Voss jumper still on his bedroom walls.

If sloane leaves and the crows get band 1 compo and end up with 2 x top 10 picks - say 7 & 8 or 8 & 9, would that be fair for pick 1 or 2 in this draft?
I don't think it would quite get it done for me, who knows for Dom Ambrogio/David Noble.

If we don't consider Lukosius an absolute standout and take pick 1 to the draft I'd be wanting one of Bailey Smith or Sam Walsh, they both appear certain to go top 5.

Thats a crazy trade from a bottom the ladder club... OK if its Richmond or something but P3 and then maybe P3 again... or worse P1..

yes Ok you get 6 back... but thats still two very good kids for one very good kid. and thats IF they give you 6...which I doubt somehow.
IF they didn’t give us pick 6 obviously the deal wouldn’t be on.

Thats a crazy trade from a bottom the ladder club... OK if its Richmond or something but P3 and then maybe P3 again... or worse P1..

yes Ok you get 6 back... but thats still two very good kids for one very good kid. and thats IF they give you 6...which I doubt somehow.

Actually it proposes two potentially very good kids for two potentially very good kids. Not sure I'd do the trade, but you're clearly missing something in a pretty straight forward hypothetical.

Still up in the air IMO, we play the Blues at the Gabba Saturday week, it could come down to that.

If we end up with pick 1 I wouldn't be trading it away unless it was similar to our deal with the Giants when we got McCluggage and Berry in the 2016 draft.
ie. We gave up our picks 2, 31, 51 and 60 for the Giants 3 and 16.

eg. pick 1 and 36 for picks 3-4 and 15-16 or similar.

I can't see a club at the moment that could do a deal like that.
You still got Dayne beam if he really want to go back to Victoria. He is around Gibbs age , a premiership player.

Actually it proposes two potentially very good kids for two potentially very good kids. Not sure I'd do the trade, but you're clearly missing something in a pretty straight forward hypothetical.

You are right , I could have worded it better..

I just do not see a deal getting done for a future pick of unknown value and a 3 spot upgrade .. so I sort of excluded the 6.
As I said Ok if you get 6 back.. but to me why would Freo ever trade a player they have contracted like Cerra for 1 player in 12 months time .

So from there I jumped to 3 + a Future r1 .. which I think is way overs... but you are right its not what was proposed.

The issue I think is Stk and Freo do not have some mid range picks.. and they are probably going to find one some how to add to the deal...Or why would Freo trade him

I just do not see a deal getting done for a future pick of unknown value and a 3 spot upgrade .. so I sort of excluded the 6.
As I said Ok if you get 6 back.. but to me why would Freo ever trade a player they have contracted like Cerra for 1 player in 12 months time .

So from there I jumped to 3 + a Future r1 .. which I think is way overs... but you are right its not what was proposed.

The issue I think is Stk and Freo do not have some mid range picks.. and they are probably going to find one some how to add to the deal...Or why would Freo trade him

It all depends if a club has a specific target they are after in the draft and whether they will be there at their pick. Max King was mentioned which is a great example, if Freo are very keen on him and see Cerra as a serious flight risk then it might be worth pulling the trigger.

Again, I wouldn't necessarily do it, but the value is around the right mark.

The hypothetical was based on Cerra wanting out.

As far as the pick upgrade, it could be extremely handy for Freo. You’d think they’d be pretty keen to get their hands on a key forward and where they sit they look likely to miss out on Lukosius and both the Kings.

Freo can then do what they want with next year’s first. Trade it for a player or take it to the draft.

From a Saints point of view, players like Rankine and Smith would still be there about at 6 and that suits their needs more than a key forward.

Whether Freo would be happy to lose Cerra or they make him stick to his contract is another issue, but to me I see that trade as a fair one and could eventually be win win.

The hypothetical was based on Cerra wanting out.

As far as the pick upgrade, it could be extremely handy for Freo. You’d think they’d be pretty keen to get their hands on a key forward and where they sit they look likely to miss out on Lukosius and both the Kings.

Freo can then do what they want with next year’s first. Trade it for a player or take it to the draft.

From a Saints point of view, players like Rankine and Smith would still be there about at 6 and that suits their needs more than a key forward.

Whether Freo would be happy to lose Cerra or they make him stick to his contract is another issue, but to me I see that trade as a fair one and could eventually be win win.
I wouldn't count on Smith being there at 6. Especially if Brisbane and Carlton decide to both go mids and over look Lukosius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still up in the air IMO, we play the Blues at the Gabba Saturday week, it could come down to that.

If we end up with pick 1 I wouldn't be trading it away unless it was similar to our deal with the Giants when we got McCluggage and Berry in the 2016 draft.
ie. We gave up our picks 2, 31, 51 and 60 for the Giants 3 and 16.

eg. pick 1 and 36 for picks 3-4 and 15-16 or similar.

I can't see a club at the moment that could do a deal like that.

Looking like the suns will have pick 3-4 and another pick around 15-16 in this draft, not sure we would want to trade for pick 1. If tom lynch leaves maybe we would and try to get lukosius as a lynch replacement

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking like the suns will have pick 3-4 and another pick around 15-16 in this draft, not sure we would want to trade for pick 1. If tom lynch leaves maybe we would and try to get lukosius as a lynch replacement

Great point, yer if Lynch goes, Lukosius would be ideal, you do have 2 meter Peter though, I don't mind him. You also need more mids as teams down near the bottom tend to.

Great point, yer if Lynch goes, Lukosius would be ideal, you do have 2 meter Peter though, I don't mind him. You also need more mids as teams down near the bottom tend to.

I agree we desperately need mids, if lynch did go we would get a combo pick after our first pick anyway so potentially would have pick 4-5 which we could get a top mid with as well as the lukosius trade

What would Marco Paparone cost. A 3rd round pick?
Done deal.
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back