Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I want the best mid in the draft

As it stands

If Walsh is pick 2 I'd do a swap with Brisbane and get something extra

I know you do. I think everyone is pretending that this isn't the case for most Carlton fans. I have no doubt that they would be happy with Lukosius, and if they end up taking pick 1 to the draft they will take him too. They would be shit scared of being a laughing stock for doing anything but. But they also quietly know that this isn't what their list needs. They need A grade mids to replace Gibbs and Murphy, and worst case Cripps in the future. Have you ever seen a draft where trading the #1 pick is debated this much? This entire discussion is centred around screwing Adelaide. Why aren't people talking about Port Adelaide here. People from every club see that we finally have a good draft hand and assumed it would get better when Sloane and Lynch (whoops) leave. The conversation is purely aimed at squeezing every last drop from Adelaide.

Keep on acting like all these scenario's are actually fair and make sense because Luko is already this 300 game superstar. Luko hasn't proved a thing. He doesnt have a contested side to his game yet. He has kicked 8 goals in 6 games at SANFL level I believe. Excellent for a young 18 year old. But lets not get carried away. People are trying to say he is the next Reiwoldt. Well take away Reiwoldt's intangibles like his courage, his heart and his immense engine and even Reiwoldt isn't the legend that was NR12.

I don't think we will be in a position to take Rankine as it stands with our draft hand. But personally, I would prefer Rankine and another top 10 pick, over Lukosius. Take away Rankine as one of them and I would probably prefer Luko though. I think that is better for our club. What is being proposed, is far and away more than that. I can only hope we dont get sucked in. I would be willing to throw in multiple picks outside the top 10. We will make them add up to as high a number of points as we possibly can. I would throw all the later picks in if need be to get Luko. But picks inside top 10 are gold and Melbourne's pick outside 10 is still, massively, massively valuable. We could get Rozee or Hately with that pick.

Okay. Well I think it’ll cost two second rounders to get those points (especially when you win the premiership) but I get what you mean now.
Honestly I’m not interested in De Goey no disrespect he is a good player with potential to be a great player however we have too many in that position.
Kelly, Martin, or Gaff are the players I wanted/want.

Carlton still play Brisbane, St Kilda and Gold Coast

Pick 1 no certainty

I wouldn’t trade 2 1st rounders for degoey just offer 1st round pick if they don’t accept go to the draft degoey can go. If that ploy was done Collingwood would have to accept

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That will not work for you this year.. not when you want to take TT

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane at Brisbane, Saints at Etihad and GC at GC. All in the next 4 weeks. Should be very interesting to see

I don't really care either way

I reckon pick 1 helps us more than some late season wins in a farked season

You think you can put DeGoey in the draft and take him like Ball... well that will not work if someone bids on him before your pick...thats why NM want to trade it.

No north couldn’t get both I was talking about if Collingwood don’t accept the offer then let him go to the draft. I think Collingwood would take the pick in this draft rather then get nothing. Giving 2 1st rounders is not going to happen this is a strong draft so that makes the value of our 1st really strong. Either way who knows what will happen I’m saying that’s the way I would play it.

No north couldn’t get both I was talking about if Collingwood don’t accept the offer then let him go to the draft. I think Collingwood would take the pick in this draft rather then get nothing. Giving 2 1st rounders is not going to happen this is a strong draft so that makes the value of our 1st really strong. Either way who knows what will happen I’m saying that’s the way I would play it.

North are committed to getting Tayrn Thomas.. he is thought to be top10. So any idea or theoretical that does not take that into account is flawed.
Then second; StK would have a pick before you and would probably trade their P3 for a couple of later picks.. and use one on DeG. They have cap room. So the whole concept of putting him in the National will not work.

If you want him ..and he wants you ..you will be paying for him over odds. A player being offered 1M a year .. is worth a R1 this year and next.

Last edited:
North are committed to getting Tayrn Thomas.. he is thought to be top10. So any idea or theoretical that does not take that into account is flawed.
Then second; StK would have a pick before you and would probably trade their P3 for a couple of later picks.. and use one on DeG. They have cap room. So the whole concept of putting him in the National will not work.

If you want him ..and he wants you ..you will be paying for odds. A player being offered 1M a year .. is worth a R1 this year and next.
Hard to argue with this

My clubs the Dogs have being quiet. Talk of North and the Saints having heaps of cap space.
The Dogs have been fielding the youngest side in almost every game and a couple were the youngest ever recorded. The Boyd contract was front loaded and is not the million per year. The Dogs have huge cap space no one has mentioned
One scenario I have heard is our first round pick 5 or 6 or what ever it is for Mitch Magovern and a second rounder. For the Crows to land Rankine and us to then offer Jeremy a large contract and to have a 2nd rounder for a West bid.

My clubs the Dogs have being quiet. Talk of North and the Saints having heaps of cap space.
The Dogs have been fielding the youngest side in almost every game and a couple were the youngest ever recorded. The Boyd contract was front loaded and is not the million per year. The Dogs have huge cap space no one has mentioned
One scenario I have heard is our first round pick 5 or 6 or what ever it is for Mitch Magovern and a second rounder. For the Crows to land Rankine and us to then offer Jeremy a large contract and to have a 2nd rounder for a West bid.
You would end up with 3 very good players if that happened...all for pick 5 or 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back