Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh OK that much better P8 for P1 and P23

No. We also lose Gov in that deal. It’s a no from me. It might be a acceptable if Gov was uncontracted. We need huge overs to let go a highly valued and highly paid player 1 year after signing a 3 year extension.

Sam Weideman can't get much of a go at the Demons with Tom McDonald and Jesse Hogan in front of him, not OOC till 2019, what would it take to get him out of the Demons?

Sam Weideman can't get much of a go at the Demons with Tom McDonald and Jesse Hogan in front of him, not OOC till 2019, what would it take to get him out of the Demons?

Huge overs this year. A bargain when he is OOC if he still hasn’t broken in or shown a lot more than he has so far.

Pick 14 or where Melbourne finish and McGovern to the Dogs for pick 5

Pick 8, 19 and 2019 first and second to Carlton for Pick 1.

Are these close to fair deals?

I had to double take on reading that. To summarise..the crows are dealing themselves out of this years AND next years 1st and 2nd round and losing one of their main young forwards for 2 draft picks - 1 will get Lukosius and the other MAY get rankine....I would be down at the club with a gibbet for the recruitment manager if they signed off on that

Don't think Carlton would be after more pucks
Oh OK that much better P8 for P1 and P23

Wouldn't have thought so. With some of the academy/ father son selections pick 8 could become pick 10. By then the top teir mids will most likely be gone.

Carlton would be looking for atleast one established player if they want to trade pick one I recon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to double take on reading that. To summarise..the crows are dealing themselves out of this years AND next years 1st and 2nd round and losing one of their main young forwards for 2 draft picks - 1 will get Lukosius and the other MAY get rankine....I would be down at the club with a gibbet for the recruitment manager if they signed off on that

I would rather use the picks on Lukosius and Rankine. These guys could be absolute Guns of the future. Sometimes you got to risk it.

What do you suggest then?

Don't think Carlton would be after more pucks

Wouldn't have thought so. With some of the academy/ father son selections pick 8 could become pick 10. By then the top teir mids will most likely be gone.

Carlton would be looking for atleast one established player if they want to trade pick one I recon.

Adelaide keep 19 then and you get Atkins or Ellis Yoelman?

It is extremely hard to come up with trades that suit both teams and they both feel like they’ve won

I would rather use the picks on Lukosius and Rankine. These guys could be absolute Guns of the future. Sometimes you got to risk it.

What do you suggest then?
By all means look to get Lukosius and Rankine - but that is way too much to give up to do so. IMO Rankine will slip to our 1st pick as long as it is inside top 10 - ie 8. Then it becomes what will satisfy the bottom club to secure pick 1. If sloane leaves as seems likely, then it will be for band 1 compo so that and the melbourne pick and the carlton 2nd rounder might be enough in this draft as that would allow carlton to get someone in inside top 10 and use the other picks to get in a gaff or other player

By all means look to get Lukosius and Rankine - but that is way too much to give up to do so. IMO Rankine will slip to our 1st pick as long as it is inside top 10 - ie 8. Then it becomes what will satisfy the bottom club to secure pick 1. If sloane leaves as seems likely, then it will be for band 1 compo so that and the melbourne pick and the carlton 2nd rounder might be enough in this draft as that would allow carlton to get someone in inside top 10 and use the other picks to get in a gaff or other player
Rankine will not slide to Crows first pick.

If Lukosius is as good as they say then get rid of McGovern because Lukosius is going to take his spot anyway.

Rankine looks like a jet, these guys look 100% like they will be great players and they’re south Australian.

This way Sloane still stays.

I don’t think pick 9 for Sloane, pick 14 and pick 19 would satisfy Carlton for puck 1

That seems fair to me with the exception that pick 19 this year might need to be the Sloane compo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back