Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 14 or where Melbourne finish and McGovern to the Dogs for pick 5

Pick 8, 19 and 2019 first and second to Carlton for Pick 1.

Are these close to fair deals?
I would genuinely burn down Adelaide Oval if the Crows did those deals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Oh OK that much better P8 for P1 and P23
No, it's McGovern (who is worth a first and second as a contracted key forward) and pick 8 for pick 1 and 23.

I would genuinely burn down Adelaide Oval if the Crows did those deals.

We just gave up 10 and 16 for a 29 year old and that club is still standing, stop talking tough.

I would happily pass over pick 8, 19 possibly pick 18 and 36in 2019 (wishful thinking) for a player people are saying could be exactly like Nick Reiwoldt

And Mitch McGovern is not worth a first and second round pick

Last edited:
In what fantasy land do you think we’d hand over Bolton to you for a third rounder?
In the same fantasy land where Durdin has actual trade value.

No, it's McGovern (who is worth a first and second as a contracted key forward) and pick 8 for pick 1 and 23.

Key forward? You know he is shorter than his brother, right? Mitch is the same height as Chris Judd, Scott Pendlebury is taller.

s

o 2 x 2018 top 10 picks, a 2019 1st rounder and a 2019 2nd rounder for pick 1..not thanks. I am sure most people would want 2 very highly rated players and 2 top 20 players rather than 1 exceptional player
Not GC , Rankine top 4 pick.

We just gave up 10 and 16 for a 29 year old and that club is still standing, stop talking tough.

I would happily pass over pick 8, 19 possibly pick 17 and 34 in 2019 (wishful thinking) for a player people are saying could be exactly like Nick Reiwoldt

And Mitch McGovern is not worth a first and second round pick
We gave up ten. Pick 16 last year is less valuable than pick 19 this year, which we received for it.

There is a chance Luko could be a bust, as have so many high drafted talls recently. We don't know how he'll impact in a game where they allow much more congestion - he hasn't shown much potential for contested marking. 8,14 and 19 is pretty much three first rounders PLUS another second? For a unproven player?

Finally, There is less that zero chance a young PROVEN tall forward who has two years on his deal is being traded away for just a first round pick. FFS, you just pointed out the Gibbs trade yourself, and he only had a year left.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Key forward? You know he is shorter than his brother, right? Mitch is the same height as Chris Judd, Scott Pendlebury is taller.
Oh, okay. You haven't seen him play. You should have mentioned that in your post.

Mitch has been playing as a key forward for the Crows. He is a pack marking tall forward. That's absolutely what he can offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, okay. You haven't seen him play. You should have mentioned that in your post.

Mitch has been playing as a key forward for the Crows. He is a pack marking tall forward. That's absolutely what he can offer.

I've seen his great work as your third forward plenty.

He is a leading, leaping forward. Mark LeCras played that role in the early parts of this decade. Not a key forward either.

He is a flanker, and that's just fine. His leap and marking make him a very rare talent. That's enough to ask a high pick. No need for the hyperbole.

We gave up ten. Pick 16 last year is less valuable than pick 19 this year, which we received for it.

There is a chance Luko could be a bust, as have so many high drafted talls recently. We don't know how he'll impact in a game where they allow much more congestion - he hasn't shown much potential for contested marking. 8,14 and 19 is pretty much three first rounders PLUS another second? For a unproven player?

Finally, There is less that zero chance a young PROVEN tall forward who has two years on his deal is being traded away for just a first round pick. FFS, you just pointed out the Gibbs trade yourself, and he only had a year left.

Yes 10 and 16 from last which was less than this year so please read my post AGAIN! I suggested a first and second in THE 2019 DRAFT!

I also never said pick 14- I said 8 plus 19 and hopefully 18 and 36 NEXT YEAR. (Which means we win the premiership if you read between the lines)

There is nothing wrong with taking a chance on a player that is South Australian and extremely highly rated. Yes there have been lots of high tall draft picks that are flops but there has also been some really good ones. Roughie, Franklin, Reiwoldt, Hogan, Daniher.

I would have more respect for Adelaide if they were willing to take a risk and go for 2 South Australians with speculative draft picks anyway later down the draft.

And if you want to keep McGovern to a contract when he doesn’t want to be here then that is a recipe for disaster. If we get Luko with Fogarty and Rankine then that is just about set our forward line for 10 years with some insane talent

North are committed to getting Tayrn Thomas.. he is thought to be top10. So any idea or theoretical that does not take that into account is flawed.
Then second; StK would have a pick before you and would probably trade their P3 for a couple of later picks.. and use one on DeG. They have cap room. So the whole concept of putting him in the National will not work.

If you want him ..and he wants you ..you will be paying for him over odds. A player being offered 1M a year .. is worth a R1 this year and next.

You don’t understand that’s cool

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ll give you the “some reason”

Walker, Jenkins, McGovern, Lynch and Fogarty

I don’t know who has missed what games, maybe you can tell me, but haven’t a fair few of those players missed quite a lot of games this year?

Are you really saying the only reason dear isn’t playing football is because you have too many in form forwards holding him out ?

Ridiculous to make sure of a Sth Aussie in Rankine for a player that could want to leave, yeah right.
Absolutely. McGovern is contracted for the next two years. We would value him at a first and second round pick, minimum. If you think someone would give all of that up, just to move nine spots in the draft then I don't know what to say.

Pick 14 or where Melbourne finish and McGovern to the Dogs for pick 5

Pick 8, 19 and 2019 first and second to Carlton for Pick 1.

Are these close to fair deals?
Then let me comment on the deals individually.

1. Horrendous. Giving up McGovern to move nine picks is insane.

2. This is pretty much the equivalent of three firsts and a second for pick one. I think that's a disaster.

McGovern, right now, is worth roughly a first and a second.

So, to get two players who may or may not work out, you've traded the equivalent of five firsts and two seconds.

You may slightly disagree with my value, but it still is a shocker of a deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back