List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

So... we swapped pick 19 last year and pick 9 this year for pick 4 this year, and now we're going to try to turn it into picks 12, 18 and next year's 15-18?

19 + 9 -> 4 -> 12, 18, 17?

Gee, i'm usually rubbishing the club for not having any top end talent, but wow three picks in the teens and if we suck next year we'll still get a high draft pick... it's tempting.
One thing not mentioned once that I have seen, if we end up with GWS's first pick next year we will have to trade it or it likely gets dissolved by bids on Edwards or Borlase.

I think it's a good draft and good depth.
For example Serong and Ash most have in their top 5 but I don't have in my top 10.
Its one of those drafts where it's hard to rate players other than Rowell, Green and Anderson.
A player some rate late teens others could easily rate top 5.
That's why the deal with GWS is a good one.
The talk is we will give them back a late 2nd but we'll see.

It is 3 1st round picks when all is said and done so you'd have to consider it surely?

I certainly don't subscribe to the opinion that this is a particularly weak draft, perhaps lacking the really top end talent in the top 10 of last year [especially the talls] but I honestly believe the depth of decent prospects likely to measure up to AFL runs deeper this year.

This may not be up to Hamish though as it would appear this is a list management decision, I'm sure he'd have plenty of input but ultimately Reid would have the final say I'd expect.

I would thought or at least hoped that Hamish is that gives the final tick of approval in trades like this.

One thing not mentioned once that I have seen, if we end up with GWS's first pick next year we will have to trade it or it likely gets dissolved by bids on Edwards or Borlase.

I reckon we might actually be planning on that occurring with this trade.

A 2020 first rounder, especially from GWS makes 0 sense otherwise.

I reckon we might actually be planning on that occurring with this trade.

A 2020 first rounder, especially from GWS makes 0 sense otherwise.
Most can't see it, they just see pure numbers. There's a plan around everything

I'm not sure why you think getting Lukosius is not getting the best talent in we can?

Surely we don't think we are getting someone with more talent than Luko at 4 this year?

I understand the sentiment that once we trade away pick 4 we appear to be out of that race this year ... but I'm still holding out for something getting put together that lands us one of the most talented young players to leave SA in recent times.
It’s old news

So... we swapped pick 19 last year and pick 9 this year for pick 4 this year, and now we're going to try to turn it into picks 12, 18 and next year's 15-18?

19 + 9 -> 4 -> 12, 18, 17?

Gee, i'm usually rubbishing the club for not having any top end talent, but wow three picks in the teens and if we suck next year we'll still get a high draft pick... it's tempting.

9 and 19 for 12, 18 and say 16 does look good. Hopefully we can push them for Hately and we give them some points and Sauce.

On SM-G950U using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do you guys think Jack Lukosius May have a bit of Josh Schache about him? He seems a pretty laidback character on the field and was massively hyped coming into the draft. I haven’t seen anything from him to warrant the hype that the likes of Ben king, Rosey etc showed.
Thankyou and agree

Let me guess... let him come home for compassionate reasons on the cheap?
They didn't even mention us. Was as if we don't exist. Just mentioned gold coast and then said Crouch would rather take a pay cut and go to a real club etc.

Edwards in particular could even be in the top 10 discussion come next year's draft....if he comes back into the fold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones is nearly done, Viney is starting to rack up injury after injury and with his hard contested style I doubt very much he's going to be able to maintain his output for much longer...,..so don't be counting on Melbourne passing on Green now Rowell and Anderson are off the table.
How much would you like wager?

Just a reminder that last year apparently we had a pick swap agreed with st kilda for tgeir pick 4 and GC for their pick 2..media were spruiking it and guess what..never happened. I'd cool the jets as unless it is a deal vastly in our favor why trade diwn when we will be angling and turning keath and maybe greenwood and our 2nd rounders into 1st rounders

OUT: pick 19 (2018), pick 9 (2019)
IN: pick 4 (2019)
OUT: pick 4 (2019)
IN: pick 12, 18 (2019) and pick ~15-18+ after father/son/academy bids (2020)
Breaking even.

Pretty much. It's either we're spooked by points, or we really didn't achieve what we set out to with the trade last year, or weirdly Hamish is very hot on this draft.

Surely that is a live trade deal. Unless there is a player involved. Hately and Bonner would be of interest and great replacements for CEY and Greenwood.

Give - Picks 4, 48(Betts via Carlton) 49 and Sauce.
Get - picks 12, 18 Hately and Bonner.

This would be something we should push for. They get points for Green and a top pick before Green and a good tap ruck. We get Young replacements for CEY and Greenwood and 2 x 1st round picks.

On SM-G950U using BigFooty.com mobile app
They're unlikely to do 12, 18 and Hately (pick 14), let alone Bonner as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back