2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From CricInfo:
9.35am: *taps mic* Goooood morning Manchesteeerrrrr! Hey, this is not a test (it is, but bear with me), this is rock and roll! Time to rock it from the Delta to the DMZ - is that me or does that sound like an Elvis Presley movie? I feel alive, and so does this series thanks to none other than Mr. Benjamin A Stokes. It's not quite hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut, but after a drizzly start the sun is shining loud and proud over Old Trafford, and we're all set for things to get going at 11am.

From CricInfo:
9.35am: *taps mic* Goooood morning Manchesteeerrrrr! Hey, this is not a test (it is, but bear with me), this is rock and roll! Time to rock it from the Delta to the DMZ - is that me or does that sound like an Elvis Presley movie? I feel alive, and so does this series thanks to none other than Mr. Benjamin A Stokes. It's not quite hotter than a snake's ass in a wagon rut, but after a drizzly start the sun is shining loud and proud over Old Trafford, and we're all set for things to get going at 11am.

But someone on bf said the days already a wash out..?

And 100 before that, in English conditions... That gives him a few more credits than khawaja
Reckon Khawaja has far more credits than Wade over his career.

But the point is, they wanted Lab at 3, which means one of Harris or Khawaja had to go because they can only player in the top three. If Bancroft was still in the team, he could theoretically drop down to 6, I think he could do well there, but that's not an option as he didn't make enough runs to still be in the team.

Fills his boots at home on roads against weak attacks does Uzi, always been that way. Rarely spotted when we need a batsmen to stand up.
Come on mate you can't pick and choose, an average of 40 in this era is pretty good in my book. Far better bowlers around and fairer pitches in the last 10 years compared to the 90s and early 2000's. Our current cricketers are judged harshly cos they're following Langer, Hayden, Ponting etc who had 50+ averages. But if you want to pick at there averages you could easily make a case for them facing far less superior attacks and batting on roads.

Come on mate you can't pick and choose, an average of 40 in this era is pretty good in my book. Far better bowlers around and fairer pitches in the last 10 years compared to the 90s and early 2000's. Our current cricketers are judged harshly cos they're following Langer, Hayden, Ponting etc who had 50+ averages. But if you want to pick at there averages you could easily make a case for them facing far less superior attacks and batting on roads.

Its not just averages, it's also when he scores runs. Very rarely does he contribute when the pressure is high and we need someone to stand up.

Reckon Khawaja has far more credits than Wade over his career.

But the point is, they wanted Lab at 3, which means one of Harris or Khawaja had to go because they can only player in the top three. If Bancroft was still in the team, he could theoretically drop down to 6, I think he could do well there, but that's not an option as he didn't make enough runs to still be in the team.
I don't think Khawaja can feel too hard done by after being badly out of form since that Pakistan series, but the selectors have still dropped the wrong player. I don't like the Harris/Waner combo at all and I highly doubt Harris is up to it. Joe Burns would have to be wondering why he's been dropped after making runs on a few occasions while Harris does nothing but gets to stay.

I don't think Khawaja can feel too hard done by after being badly out of form since that Pakistan series, but the selectors have still dropped the wrong player. I don't like the Harris/Waner combo at all and I highly doubt Harris is up to it. Joe Burns would have to be wondering why he's been dropped after making runs on a few occasions while Harris does nothing but gets to stay.
I think its a blessing in disguise for Burns. He wouldn't have scored a run at the top of the order in England. This way around he hasn't damaged his stock in the way, say, Bancroft might have done.

I think its a blessing in disguise for Burns. He wouldn't have scored a run at the top of the order in England. This way around he hasn't damaged his stock in the way, say, Bancroft might have done.
It's a shame he won't bat down the order, he'd be worth a shot at 5 or 6 otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we see a physical fight between Archer and Smith.

I don't like Smith's chances if that happened. Would have to hope he was batting with an angry short man syndrome sufferer in Warner or Wade.

Please tell me that useless hack umpire isn’t there again

They have named new umpires for the 4th/5th Tests:

Marais Erasmus, Ruchira Palliyaguruge, and Kumar Dharmasena

If there is any play today I will happily accept Mitch Marsh at 6 next test. That's how confident I am of a washout
Cricinfo said:
we're all set for an 11am start, but I can't make any promises at this stage about a dry afternoon. With a bit of luck, we'll get a full day of play, but there's a chance of some drizzle around 3pm
Do you want to take that back, just in case the selectors decide they have to follow your rules.

Weather radar doesn't look too bad, definitely won't be a washout.

I hope we see a physical fight between Archer and Smith.

I think Smith might come off second best there, Jofra is a big unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back