2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that Paine's declaration was a little conservative, probably in response to Headingley.

But you can't ask for a better mini-session than that.

ENG might be able to get away with a draw tomorrow, but it'll be tough. They'll need someone to stand up, and their two big contributors from the first innings are already back in the sheds. Much rests on Stokes.

This is wearing 5-day pitch, batting is only gonna get harder, I'll be surprised if Eng are still out there at tea tomorrow...

This is wearing 5-day pitch, batting is only gonna get harder, I'll be surprised if Eng are still out there at tea tomorrow...

They collapsed pretty spinelessly at Edgbaston, but Lyon was in peerless touch. Now he...isn't.

I hope he regains his mojo tomorrow, but he might not. Starc should do well in these conditions though.

Well the bowlers can't ask for any more than this day 5 very decent total and a chance to redeem themselves, i think we all figured the batting would lose us this series but thy have set up enough tests now and if we cant close it out in back to back tests it really falls on our much hyped bowling unit.

And their questionable tactical leader.

He took a few minutes to get some treatment on a clear bruise/cut on his arm, that doesn't account for the poor over rate throughout the day.

He took a huge amount of time for what a flea bite or something?

Look my hats of to them this english team are masters of gamesmanship and pushing the boundaries and they seem to get away with it so more power to them, when you have these sorts of struggles even in your own backyard you need some help to stay competitive.

If the Aussies hadn't choked at Headingley, this Ashes might well have turned out to be a 4-0 drubbing.

Even at lords we were well on top at different stages but we could still end u losing the series 2-1, if we don't retain the ashes after being in that many good spots it really would go down as one of the great test match chokes.

Even at lords we were well on top at different stages but we could still end u losing the series 2-1, if we don't retain the ashes after being in that many good spots it really would go down as one of the great test match chokes.

I refuse to believe we'll retain the Ashes until I see it. So many scars in the last 14 years that I don't want to open. But we're close and once again we can reach out and touch it. Win tomorrow and we can all have a laugh at what happened at Headingley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He took a huge amount of time for what a flea bite or something?

Look my hats of to them this english team are masters of gamesmanship and pushing the boundaries and they seem to get away with it so more power to them, when you have these sorts of struggles even in your own backyard you need some help to stay competitive.

All teams try it on, but agree, Eng are the time wasting/sub fielder on while bowlers get a massage and when batting change gloves/bats/helmets/got cramp need physio out here etc. etc. grand masters....

Last edited:
Happens to the best of players. Smith struggled in the last test series he played before he got banned.

Kohli was the leading run scorer vs England both home and away, was the leading run scorer in South Africa. Would've been incredible if he had continued his insane form in Australia too but Pujara stole his limelight there!

Well spotted Boss, also Smith's kryptonite Morne Morkel has retired

All teams try it on, but agree, Eng are the time wasting/sub fielder on while bowlers get a massage and when batting change gloves/bats/helmets/got cramp need physio out here etc. etc. grand masters....

I guess the difference is they know their fans and media have their backs when they try that shit while ours know self righteous Aussies are just waiting to eat their own.

You can only play the hand you are dealt and they can push lines ours simply can't.

Just watch the last 30 minutes of the 2009 test at Cardiff to understand how good England are at it.
The 12th man was coming on to give the batsman new gloves when they were not asking for anything.

Just watch the last 30 minutes of the 2009 test at Cardiff to understand how good England are at it.
The 12th man was coming on to give the batsman new gloves when they were not asking for anything.

I vaguely recall that, I think the umps stopped it on about the 3rd or 4th such interruption after Punter rightly lost his s**t over it....
Update, having checked on cricinfo - in the last hour or so there was also a pitch invasion by 2 Eng supporters, Swan had the Physio come out 2 or 3 times and also someone set off a fire alarm...

Last edited:
I vaguely recall that, I think the umps stopped it on about the 3rd or 4th such interruption after Punter rightly lost his s**t over it....
Update, having checked on cricinfo - in the last hour or so there was also a pitch invasion by 2 Eng supporters, Swan had the Physio come out 2 or 3 times and also someone set off a fire alarm...

And broad was abusing marnus because his own fans chips packets stopped play, the English players live in this strange alternate universe their fans and media have created for them where they are justified in everything they do.

We'll get to see their entire 'go slow catalogue' tonight.

Agree, perhaps they will come up with something new; skydivers landing on the pitch, maybe smuggled piglets or other farm animals running onto the ground, what about a fake bomb threat or they will stick with the trusty old ploy of setting fire to the scoreboard/media box/their change rooms...?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back