2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

to win the Ashes after the devastation of Headingley is truly a stellar effort in the history of Australian cricket

Good call, thought they may have been mentally cooked after that. Think it shows the gap in class between the sides (well how much better Smith is compared to everyone else).

fu** me, first time we haven't lost a series over there in 18 years. Grouse effort considering its probably the s**ttest team that we've had in that time.

It's not just the series losses in that 05-15 time either it's the painful close games we either just lost or just couldn't put away that could have swung the series our way, last test was just another one of those and this looked like it as well i started to think the curse over there would never end.

fu** anyone who wasn’t 100% behind Painey!

Hopefully we can get the result at The Oval too.

Imagine if we had openers instead of playing with 9 every test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if the openers got 20s or 30s that would great compared to now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep or just bat bat and bat. We are happy if they roll out the usual Oval batting paradise
Unfortunately, they sound like they want to win the 5th test, so it's unlikely they'll give Smith a shot at Lara's record. I'd love to see it, though.

fu** anyone who wasn’t 100% behind Painey!

Hopefully we can get the result at The Oval too.

Imagine if we had openers instead of playing with 9 every test!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think it had a lot more to do with Steve Smith being out there

Have a bad feeling they won’t.

I’d drop one of the openers though!

Maybe rest Cummins too and debut Nesser

Agreed Cummins need to be rested. I know there’s a series win to be played for but he played the World Cup and retained the Ashes for us here. We know his history and it’s not worth him breaking down for.

I wouldn’t debut Nesser though. Pick one of Siddle/Pattinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back