Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Deficit is around 250 odd points. Based on same ladder positions as this year and given they've already traded their 2020 1st rounder, they'll move from pick 36 to around 51. Based on same ladder positions, it moves the 2nd and 3rd round picks we own, up by a spot.

Freo also have a similar deficit, so depending where they finish, they'll have their 1st rounder downgraded to clear the deficit. Based on same ladder finish, they'll move from pick 6 to pick 9. No impact on us, based on this years ladder position.

Really need a new 2020 thread kicked off now, moreso a list management thread. TradeDraft where you at these days?

In that case it was an absolute bargain to get Greene and Serong with what started out as late first round picks plus change. I wish sometimes we could have the capacity and moxie to make bold moves like that, but alas circumstances have never seemed to align for us in recent times.

In that case it was an absolute bargain to get Greene and Serong with what started out as late first round picks plus change. I wish sometimes we could have the capacity and moxie to make bold moves like that, but alas circumstances have never seemed to align for us in recent times.
All the Victorian clubs would never give us that sort of opportunity so it's left to the expansion clubs.

Et tu CFC? Et tu?

I can see my absence has had a terrible consequence. Standards must be maintained people or are we just savages? We have backslid into a morass where people are comfortable invoking the p word and throwing it around like discarded Christmas crackers or souvenir Carlton memorabilia. We know what they were cooking, dont we, and like the ponies it spells apocalypse.

I too have had to be upbraided on occasions for slackness. Just yesterday the nice policeman pointed out that no pants Friday should not bridge over into Saturday and a trip to Dan Murphys for bottles of celebrarory sparkling burgundy in anticipation of glorious victory in the battles to come. I felt he had a point. Well i certainly felt the point of his baton when applied to my belly button. I personally prefer harvesting lint with my tongue but apparently the forces of law and order prefer a nightstick. To each their own.

Where was I? Ah yes.. i know what it is to transgress, and in the appropriate time and place such as Wet on Wellington on one of their special equine only nights its considered mandatory. But not here people where the impressionable might be fooled into thinking ponies are no worse than an annoyance or worse, be excited by the prospect of vaguely transgressive behaviour like a vegan walking into a steak joint and ordering a fillet medium rare. We cant have this people. We are not animals...well ok I am but thats different. We have standards.And have you thought for a moment of our glorious veterans of the pony wars who may be triggered by such language? Will you tend to them cowering in some dire stable reliving the moment the ponies feasted on the entrails of an accountant from Berwick who made the mistake of wanting pony rides fir his daughters 12th birthday? Get the kiddies some pot and a .22 like we did in the old days people for fu** sake.

So I hope you will appreciate when I take the next one of you to ******* say show pony to my dungeon and get out the baby oil and the extra stingy scorpions Im doing it with love. Josh Schache does.

Thank f k you’re back on here G.

Et tu CFC? Et tu?

I can see my absence has had a terrible consequence. Standards must be maintained people or are we just savages? We have backslid into a morass where people are comfortable invoking the p word and throwing it around like discarded Christmas crackers or souvenir Carlton memorabilia. We know what they were cooking, dont we, and like the ponies it spells apocalypse.

I too have had to be upbraided on occasions for slackness. Just yesterday the nice policeman pointed out that no pants Friday should not bridge over into Saturday and a trip to Dan Murphys for bottles of celebrarory sparkling burgundy in anticipation of glorious victory in the battles to come. I felt he had a point. Well i certainly felt the point of his baton when applied to my belly button. I personally prefer harvesting lint with my tongue but apparently the forces of law and order prefer a nightstick. To each their own.

Where was I? Ah yes.. i know what it is to transgress, and in the appropriate time and place such as Wet on Wellington on one of their special equine only nights its considered mandatory. But not here people where the impressionable might be fooled into thinking ponies are no worse than an annoyance or worse, be excited by the prospect of vaguely transgressive behaviour like a vegan walking into a steak joint and ordering a fillet medium rare. We cant have this people. We are not animals...well ok I am but thats different. We have standards.And have you thought for a moment of our glorious veterans of the pony wars who may be triggered by such language? Will you tend to them cowering in some dire stable reliving the moment the ponies feasted on the entrails of an accountant from Berwick who made the mistake of wanting pony rides fir his daughters 12th birthday? Get the kiddies some pot and a .22 like we did in the old days people for fu** sake.

So I hope you will appreciate when I take the next one of you to ******* say show pony to my dungeon and get out the baby oil and the extra stingy scorpions Im doing it with love. Josh Schache does.
I wish I had a triple like button.
Not sure about the belly button and lint :)
Welcome back sir.

Et tu CFC? Et tu?

Welcome back, we have missed you. The ponies have been overrunning this place, even saintly went missing.

Actually as it's the draft thread can someone help me out here I was reading about Clubs in deficit re 2020 draft picks.
I am no expert on this, so here goes, if a player gets bid on that’s a academy kid for another club and they match the bid, and it’s in the first round and say at 5, and they have say 19, even with discount they will go into deficit in the next year to make the points up. Deficit is next years first round picks points.

I am no expert on this, so here goes, if a player gets bid on that’s a academy kid for another club and they match the bid, and it’s in the first round and say at 5, and they have say 19, even with discount they will go into deficit in the next year to make the points up. Deficit is next years first round picks points.
Seems a bit unfair that it comes off a first round pick if you've got one like Freo, but obviously can't if you've already traded it out like GWS have and thus comes off their second round pick.

Not difficult to do when you are given access to that many first round picks over the years and even the players they lose they essentially recoup first rounders.
They also are able to package up their plethora of picks to access early ones too.

It will now begin to start to even out for them as they go into deficit next year and their draft hand of picks becomes just like everyone else's.

Then we shall see if they can cut the mustard or whether they will need another "bail out" package.

They'll be fine come the 2020 draft. They'll sacrifice a couple of players (either willingly or forced) and they'll recoup a fistful of top end draft picks.

Seems a bit unfair that it comes off a first round pick if you've got one like Freo, but obviously can't if you've already traded it out like GWS have and thus comes off their second round pick.
I think l missed the bit when there is no second rounders, to make up the points, no second then, It comes off next years first. As l said l am no expert on this

I think l missed the bit when there is no second rounders, to make up the points, no second then, It comes off next years first. As l said l am no expert on this
I could have this wrong, but what I mean is, i think the deficit points are meant to come off whatever round the academy kid was picked in, thus GWSs therefore should have points come off their first rounder. But because they've already traded their first, those points will have to come off their second rounder.

I could have this wrong, but what I mean is, i think the deficit points are meant to come off whatever round the academy kid was picked in, thus GWSs therefore should have points come off their first rounder. But because they've already traded their first, those points will have to come off their second rounder.

That's spot on - the kicker with them was the Greene bid not coming until pick 10 saved them 640-odd points worth of deficit which, assuming they finish top 4 again, would have otherwise likely have swallowed up pretty much all of their (currently available) 2020 DVI points, given they currently have the following 2020 picks: GWS 2nd, GWS 3rd, Coll 4th.

Basically they got away with blue bloody murder - it's a shame SOS wasn't drafting earlier in the first round... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's spot on - the kicker with them was the Greene bid not coming until pick 10 saved them 640-odd points worth of deficit which, assuming they finish top 4 again, would have otherwise likely have swallowed up pretty much all of their (currently available) 2020 DVI points, given they currently have the following 2020 picks: GWS 2nd, GWS 3rd, Coll 4th.

Basically they got away with blue bloody murder - it's a shame SOS wasn't drafting earlier in the first round... ;)

You'd wish Carlton on a promising top 10 draft pick just to ensure GWS had to match an earlier Green bid.... very harsh!

You'd wish Carlton on a promising top 10 draft pick just to ensure GWS had to match an earlier Green bid.... very harsh!

Gee it would have shaken things up in what eventually amounted to a big fat double fisted middle-fingered salute during his last hurrah on draft night(s) if he'd had the opportunity...

Good things about our 3 Draftees they all seem to be Really Good People who Try there Harders to get the best out of themselves.

So won't be lack of Effort IF they don't make it

Interesting how a few pundits thought that Georgiadis would slip into the third round when clearly there were clubs who were prepared to take him much earlier.

Looking forward to seeing him play given there were quite a few on this board hoping he would get to us.

Interesting how a few pundits thought that Georgiadis would slip into the third round when clearly there were clubs who were prepared to take him much earlier.

Looking forward to seeing him play given there were quite a few on this board hoping he would get to us.

Shows how little they Actually Knew

Shows how little they Actually Knew
It doesn’t really show anything Dave. No judgement can be made for a few years, and if he’s a bust then their judgements will be justified.

A mate of mine knows a recruiter at Gold Coast. According to this recruiter they don’t rate Bianco at all. They reckon he is too small to make it.
I reckon they are wrong, but I know two thirds of FA about anything.

A mate of mine knows a recruiter at Gold Coast. According to this recruiter they don’t rate Bianco at all. They reckon he is too small to make it.
I reckon they are wrong, but I know two thirds of FA about anything.

and the Suns Recruiters can't really talk going by there Track Record.

Plus Rowell is same Height

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2019 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back