2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant is a very good defender. Supremely underrated over his career, has been in my top 10 comfortably for the past 4 or so years, probably top 5 this year. However Harris Andrews is a star and has passed him, comfortably so. Best key defender in the game now IMO.

Andrews just moved past McGovern for best key defender according to champion data btw. 27th overall.

I don't watch North games so I can't comment too much but Andrews is pretty close to as good as I've ever seen in my years watching footy. Pretty sure Tarrant isn't on that level. Cheers.

If you don't watch North games then it's a puzzling comment to be 'pretty sure' that Robbie Tarrant isn't on the level of Harris Andrews this year.

Probably a bit of bias on my part but Dayne Zorko should be in more peoples conversations regarding All Australian. Arguably the best two way midfielder right now, he's the best tackler/pressure player in the comp this year and also 10 clear when it comes to inside 50's. Really under the radar year and a really underrated captain too.
Nah Yeo has him covered him as the best 2 way mid. Yeo also went from being tagged against Hawks to running with Fyfe over the weekend. Probably the only mid in the comp thats able to that.

If you don't watch North games then it's a puzzling comment to be 'pretty sure' that Robbie Tarrant isn't on the level of Harris Andrews this year.

I'm pretty sure Shuey has been a better player than Luke Davies-Uniacke this year.

Tarrant has been a good defender for a while now but he's never really been in that very elite conversation, apart from among North fans. Doubt that's changed this year tbh.

I'm pretty sure Shuey has been a better player than Luke Davies-Uniacke this year.

Tarrant has been a good defender for a while now but he's never really been in that very elite conversation, apart from among North fans. Doubt that's changed this year tbh.

No one is promoting LDU for AA this year, though.

If multiple supporters are promoting Robbie Tarrant you cannot just dismiss him after stating you haven't watched any North games. It's baffling.

I think Andrews will make it over Tarrant but sheesh the people who are just dismissing him completely are either biased or just don't watch North (some of you have actually admitted to this and are still trying to pose an argument, which just makes no sense to me).

Unfortunately for Tarrant it's looking like he'll be incredibly stiff to miss AA again but that should not take away from how good a defender Robbie Tarrant is or how important he's been to North for the past few years.

No one is promoting LDU for AA this year, though.

If multiple supporters are promoting Robbie Tarrant you cannot just dismiss him after stating you haven't watched any North games. It's baffling.

Show me where non North fans are promoting Tarrant? Went back through the last 5 pages and didn't see any.

Stewart - Andrews - Shepperd
Hurn(C) - Blicavs - Williams
T.Kelly - Cripps - Macrae
Dangerfield - Cameron - Bontempelli
Ablett - Hawkins - Walters
Grundy - Neale - Cunnington

Gawn - Fyfe - Boak(VC) - Shuey
hard to argue with that team Jackson McRae unlucky same with Zorko. Otherwise excellent team.

Andrews just moved past McGovern for best key defender according to champion data btw. 27th overall.

I don't watch North games so I can't comment too much but Andrews is pretty close to as good as I've ever seen in my years watching footy. Pretty sure Tarrant isn't on that level. Cheers.
Agree but that’s because McGovern gets tagged heavily Andrews will have to deal with that. In saying that he’s a jet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a bit of bias on my part but Dayne Zorko should be in more peoples conversations regarding All Australian. Arguably the best two way midfielder right now, he's the best tackler/pressure player in the comp this year and also 10 clear when it comes to inside 50's. Really under the radar year and a really underrated captain too.
Agree Zorko should be at least in the squad.

The case for Zorko:

#1 for tackles inside 50
#2 total tackles
#1 pressure acts
#1 inside 50s
#3 goal assists
#7 metres gained
#9 score involvements

Is there a better 2 way mid in the game?

what elite conversations do you talk of ?..surely you're not suggesting big Big footy !:cool:

Agree Zorko should be at least in the squad.

The case for Zorko:

#1 for tackles inside 50
#2 total tackles
#1 pressure acts
#1 inside 50s
#3 goal assists
#7 metres gained
#9 score involvements

Is there a better 2 way mid in the game?
Coniglio?

Zorko is a gun though.

I think you'd find a fair amount of people that would say Tarrant is the best player at North Melbourne, Cunnington, Higgins, Brown etc. included.

I don't think Tarrant will make AA this year, but it's pretty apparent that you don't know what you're talking about.

I think you'd find a fair amount of people that would say Tarrant is the best player at North Melbourne, Cunnington, Higgins, Brown etc. included.

I don't think Tarrant will make AA this year, but it's pretty apparent that you don't know what you're talking about.

I know that if he's as good as you think he is, then he should have made the squad at least once by now at the age of 30.

I know that if he's as good as you think he is, then he should have made the squad at least once by now at the age of 30.

Should he have? Tarrant got overlooked in his draft year due to injuries. He then spent about 2 years not playing senior football due to injures (both shoulders reconstructed, and upper leg/hip injuries). Those leg injuries continued into his career, and by the age of 25 he'd been restricted to under 30 games. He then played as a forward with some success, until moving to the backline late in his career. By the age of 30, Tarrant is only really 5 years into his career of playing full-time football and there are several neutral posters that I can see in the last few pages alone that rate him as elite and say he's been unfairly snubbed from AA in that time.

I'm not surprised you didn't know any of that though because, as has become apparent, you don't know what you're talking about. That's mostly fine, until you try to be ridiculously bullish about it. If you don't watch a player, you don't have a frame of reference to whether or not they should be an All Australian.

Last edited:
B T.Stewart(GEEL) M.Blivcas(GEEL) Brad Sheppard(WCE)

HB D.Rampe(SYD) H.Andrews(BL) S.Hurn(WCE)

C T.Kelly(GEEL) P.Cripps(CARL) L.Neale(BL)

HF T.Boak(PA) J.Cameron(GWS) P.Dangerfield(GEEL)

F M.Walters(FREM) T.Hawkins(GEEL) J.De Goey(COLL)

Foll: B.Grundy(COLL) N.Fyfe(FREM) B.Cunnington(NM)

Inter: M.Gawn(MELB), M.Bontempelli(WB), J.Macrae(WB), G.Ablett(GEEL)

Emerg: L.Shuey(WCE), S.Coniglio(GWS), B.Brown(NM), J.McGovern(WCE)

I see James Sicily is not getting much love on here at the moment. He had an outstanding game last week and apart from those matches that Clarko threw him forward has been elite of half back all year.
To me he is the only AA lock for Hawthorn (maybe Ricky Henderson as well but he has been a little quiet the last 2 weeks).

I see James Sicily is not getting much love on here at the moment. He had an outstanding game last week and apart from those matches that Clarko threw him forward has been elite of half back all year.
To me he is the only AA lock for Hawthorn (maybe Ricky Henderson as well but he has been a little quiet the last 2 weeks).
Very strong competition down back this year

Sicily was good not great at the start of the year then was shifted fwd with little success for 2 weeks.

When he is BOG he looks like a lock but needs to string a few together to catch up.

Id say he is squad currently and has the highest ceiling out of all the HB/BP options so lets just wait and see.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 ALL AUSTRALIAN TEAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back