Prediction 2019 crowd predictions for Essendon games

Remove this Banner Ad

Little light on in a few of them, R3 will see a good crowd for a Friday nighter v the Dees for example.
Melbourne home game would be lucky to crack 60k I reckon (although i'd love to be wrong). I see what you mean though. In my experience, crowd predictions can be pretty weird sometimes. Geelong v Richmond last year got 46k (with better weather might've got 55k) and Richmond v Geelong got 67k. Home team definitely makes a difference in the crowd figure due to all the reserve seat memberships the home team has allocated. Maybe if both us and melbourne get off to a good start we could see 65-70k.

I'd be surprised if the Country Game had that few. Even after a disastrous first 8 games we got 50k there. I'd be guessing, if we perform as expected, 60-70k

How many times in recent memory have we topped 45k at Marvel? You have a North home Game at 48k. That won’t happen.

How many times in recent memory have we topped 45k at Marvel?
3 times since 2017
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2017/19/wb-v-ess (48k)
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2017/17/stk-v-ess (47k)
http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/15/ess-v-nmfc (45k)

You have a North home Game at 48k. That won’t happen.
We always average high crowds at Marvel are when we're the away team. Given it's good friday in a pretty good timeslot, 48,000 isn't all that unlikely IMO. I'll be surprised if it's below 45,000 on the day.

How many times in recent memory have we topped 45k at Marvel? You have a North home Game at 48k. That won’t happen.
This year against North it was 45580. Last year we got the Bulldogs to 48k and Saints at 47k.

I think 48K is way overs for the Easter game. 35K+ would be about the figure I'd still be expecting with many away over the 4 day weekend.
What? 48k is very achievable. I'd be shocked if it were less than 43k

I think 48K is way overs for the Easter game. 35K+ would be about the figure I'd still be expecting with many away over the 4 day weekend.
Considering north v doggies got 42k on good friday in 2017, 48k is definitely doable imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 at Spotless is intriguing. This year with two big Melbourne clubs in round 1 and round 3 before the Easter shutdown, I think the AFL is working with us to maximize crowds. In previous years early games have meant negotiating a construction zone at Olympic Park and the stadium as preparations for the Easter Show are underway though

I think the estimate is fair but we'd hope for better.

Does 30k at Marvel for round 15 seem realistic? I've been to the G a few times in the last couple of years but never Marvel. Looking forward I'm thinking it might be time and I need to plan ahead for a Thursday night. I quite like the idea of a smallish crowd for the first trip to a new stadium.

I reckon 30k is pretty spot on (maybe even more depending on how we're doing at that stage). We haven't gotten a home crowd lower than 30,000 since 2016 when the squad was banned by ASADA and 2019 is looking pretty good for us.
We certainly wont help much, even less on a weeknight. We might fill an aisle.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2019 crowd predictions for Essendon games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back