List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lloyd driven VFL media campaign can fu** right off. Where was all this strong talk when Essendon poached Shiel from the Giants last season?

lloyd doing it doesnt bother me, hes clearly a don

supposed impartial media men are the ones shitting me

i think daniher is leaving next year no way he stays now

so they risk having a disgruntled player we all know doesnt want to be there hanging around the already pathetic club in 2020

trade will happen

or more likely we will just give them pick 5 and pick 9, which would be the biggest trade package since judd went to west coast.

And the biggest overpay in recent history. Making weller to GC look like shrewd list management.
I don't know why you think that is more likely. Essendon doesn't have the leverage in this situation. Daniher wants out and wants to come to us. Next season he is a free agent. This is their last chance to get reasonable value. They can posture all they like, there is no need for us to give in to the demand for two top 10 picks.

Round one is optimistic with his injury history why put that as the round 1 game if he isn’t ready to play. Round 6

Contrary to other opinion I have empathy towards clubs losing a big name player as a supporter you get a fair bit of enjoyment following someone who lights it up for you. Would be thrilled to see him at the Swans of course but there is no joy from me towards bomber supporters. You may still win the trade with what you get in return and might turn into your next fan favourite. Lot of water to go under the bridge but I do feel for you in that respect. As a kid I was completely devastated when Capper went to the Bears didn’t turn out well for him but didn’t do much for the Swans either.
I think if he wasn’t a Daniher the pain wouldn’t be great but it is what is. I come from a soccer background so have learnt not to become too attached to players as it’s not uncommon to see high turnovers of the list each season or even mid season. AFL is headed that way

I think if he wasn’t a Daniher the pain wouldn’t be great but it is what is. I come from a soccer background so have learnt not to become too attached to players as it’s not uncommon to see high turnovers of the list each season or even mid season. AFL is headed that way

Maybe us interstate fans are a bit more used to players getting sharked than Victorian clubs. When was the last time Essendon lost a big name?

Unfortunately, he belongs to both of us and up until now, we have been the estranged parent in this. Now that he wants to come and live with us you need to understand that he doesn't love you any less, but just needs to connect more to us.
You can still see him on weekends. Channel 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe us interstate fans are a bit more used to players getting sharked than Victorian clubs. When was the last time Essendon lost a big name?

lost hird to temptation

I dunno where you have imagined that idea.

We didnt give up anything for Franklin or Tippett.

And we haven't traded anyone else in of note that involved trading out something good.

The only example I can think of is we gave up pick 19 for Ted Richards.

Do you mean Callum Sinclair for Jetta?

Thank you for letting me in on this though.
Mummy to fit Buddy in.
P'ship ruckman.
Schneider & Dempster & we brought in Mattner & Shaw to fill positions we needed.
Your welcome.

hope we keep our p5 & p25..
hard to loose with p5 and we've had good success with our 2nd round picks recently - over the last 6 yrs Hewitt, Haywood, McCartin, Rowbottom (Mills & Heeney were the other two years)
Like the idea of continually keeping young draftees coming in, and we've got two more next year.
Id be happy to trade all our picks in 2021 after 8 years at the draft for players to fill the holes and really charge for a flag.

Would love JD to come.. maybe for what we get for Paps n Jones - A 1st and 2nd round pick

firstly dont give it a rest, all good debate

2 average kids wont help us much, im not sold the depth is there, could be wrong obviously, but is this draft that good

list is already filled with young players who wont make it or aren't ready

we have some good talent, would love to fix it and try to contend

there arent that many good teams

buddy and daniher gives us a real dynamic duo

is it a risk? yes no doubt, but why not
I think having the two high picks is an opportunity we shouldn't miss.
Flanders = Papley, and McCasey is a 200 game 195 cm KPD by the look - and both look physically ready to contribute next year. For a change we have a chance to get in young players regarded as absolutely elite in their positions.

If we absolutely HAVE to bid on Joe give them next year's first (as we can scrape other stuff together for the academy picks like Jones compo etc) and this year's 25th pick TOPS. A first and a second is more than reasonable.

Perhaps we should guarantee our academy kids we are def going to pick them (especially the one that won the medal at the all-star game recently) and ask them not to go to next year's carnival, "concentrate on your HSC, education is vital". Then we pick them up for 2/3rd rounder each tops.:D

I think having the two high picks is an opportunity we shouldn't miss.
Flanders = Papley, and McCasey is a 200 game 195 cm KPD by the look - and both look physically ready to contribute next year. For a change we have a chance to get in young players regarded as absolutely elite in their positions.

If we absolutely HAVE to bid on Joe give them next year's first (as we can scrape other stuff together for the academy picks like Jones compo etc) and this year's 25th pick TOPS. A first and a second is more than reasonable.

Perhaps we should guarantee our academy kids we are def going to pick them (especially the one that won the medal at the all-star game recently) and ask them not to go to next year's carnival, "concentrate on your HSC, education is vital". Then we pick them up for 2/3rd rounder each tops.:D

i still hope we dont have two early picks to be honest

my first daniher offer would not be a first rounder, id be saying ill give you what you get next year plus maybe another second rounder

I dunno where you have imagined that idea.

We didnt give up anything for Franklin or Tippett.

And we haven't traded anyone else in of note that involved trading out something good.

The only example I can think of is we gave up pick 19 for Ted Richards.

Do you mean Callum Sinclair for Jetta?

Thank you for letting me in on this though.

I thought the trade that netted us Rowbottom was pretty canny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back