List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't care less if he back-flipped. 11 possessions in the GWS mauling and arguably on the fringe of the best Richmond 22 with the arrival of Pickett (I was right about him), Jack Graham, Stack, Rance and more to come in. He is not the type we need but I guess when you're rock bottom you'll get excited about anything. Greenwood, Crouch, and even Daisy Thomas would bolster us better. We'll be put out of our misery pretty soon I guess. ...and if we are even remotely considering Menadue, I'll start following the Demons and Sharks here on the GC.
I think this is just BF chatter with no substance but he does have interest from 2 melbourne clubs and cant see you guys looking at him with the players you already have on your list.

Menengola would be a great get. Doubt cats will want to lose him with kelly leaving though - similar attacking midfielder.
How many games has Selwood played last 2 years? Body is shot.

Some Adelaide clowns on the brad crouch thread asking for top 2 pick + luko for crouch and greenwood hahah.

I wouldnt worry about the Crows or their supporters as they have been in La la land since the 2017 premiership they have lost the plot and delusional
No Chance a player thats played 83 games in 7 years is worth that type of currency specially 1 year out from free agency and on a million dollars

But if Lukosius looks like a flight risk then i would consider b.Crouch + Pick #4 for Luko and try to get Greene/Rowell/Anderson

You almost had me until you had us trading Wright and a pick for Toby McLean.

Goodbye now.

:innocent: Behave!
Seriously though - how much better do you think Wright can be?
He's what, 23 and averages 12 disposals and 1.2 goals a game.
Oh, and 7 hit outs.
It's all above his shoulders with him.He appears mentally weak/befert of confidence and drops his head too often ( as in 'it's all a bit too hard' ). King has already gone past him as a player IMO
Can he play - yes.
Does he give his all - hell no.
I get that you think there is a huge upside, but he doesn't seem to really look that interested at times.
If you think he will become a 25 possession 2 goal a game player - then fair enough.

I don't, and if we can get a pick from trading Wright to get someone like McLean or Howe, then that's the way I'd go.

If it actually came to it and either Howe or Mclean was offered for Wright and a 3rd round pick - I think the deal would get done.
And quickly.

Anyhow, thanks for the welcome, nice to be here, and next time you come down to Melbourne, I'll happily meet you for an ale or two before the game. :thumbsupemoji:

The thing with Wrighty is, if Ben King was signed on long term, I would happily look at possible trades for him.

However, because we don't have King guaranteed long term at the moment, I am much more inclined to keep 2MP, as he can still allow us to structure around him, however he needs to get a little more aggressive at the contest. When he has the pill in his hands though he is a sublime kick, just needs more of it.

Big year for him 2020.

The thing with Wrighty is, if Ben King was signed on long term, I would happily look at possible trades for him.

However, because we don't have King guaranteed long term at the moment, I am much more inclined to keep 2MP, as he can still allow us to structure around him, however he needs to get a little more aggressive at the contest. When he has the pill in his hands though he is a sublime kick, just needs more of it.

Big year for him 2020.
2MP has been loyal and is invested in the Coast. Has shown more than enough that he will make it. He is only young and is still developing. A big no from me to trade him.

CEY to Brisbane is reported.

Greenwood, another tall inside midfielder, is Gold Coast-bound, but the Hawks have also tabled an offer to him.

Adelaide is believed to be willing to give the 27-year-old no more than two seasons, whereas satisfying straightforward contract triggers will deliver him four at the Suns.

Fresh from a second premiership for Richmond, restricted free agent Brandon Ellis is also tipped to sign with Gold Coast for the next five seasons.

Greenwood, who is out of contract but not a free agent, is due back from the United States on Monday morning and might finalise his decision by Tuesday.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was for both Crouch brothers and Greenwood. Although I don't think the brothers should play together, they're too similar.
No I read it as Brad + Greenwood.

He then said, the only question is if Matt Crouch will also join - signifying this was separate.

Agree don t want both.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back