List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion, but I hear some chatter that we might be doing business again in trade week.

I genuinely have no more info than that, but was wondering if anyone here has heard anything to this effect post-Burgoyne?

No sure whether it's likely to be you targeting one (or a few) of ours or vice versa.

suns pick 2 for Tom Mitchell

Pardon the intrusion, but I hear some chatter that we might be doing business again in trade week.

I genuinely have no more info than that, but was wondering if anyone here has heard anything to this effect post-Burgoyne?

No sure whether it's likely to be you targeting one (or a few) of ours or vice versa.

Isaac Smith hasn't officially put pen to paper yet but the word was he was staying.

Can only think it could be one of your older players you are going to delist anyway like Poppy or Birchall.

Here we go.... watch him back out now
Couldn't care less if he back-flipped. 11 possessions in the GWS mauling and arguably on the fringe of the best Richmond 22 with the arrival of Pickett (I was right about him), Jack Graham, Stack, Rance and more to come in. He is not the type we need but I guess when you're rock bottom you'll get excited about anything. Greenwood, Crouch, and even Daisy Thomas would bolster us better. We'll be put out of our misery pretty soon I guess. ...and if we are even remotely considering Menadue, I'll start following the Demons and Sharks here on the GC.

We have plenty of those we actually need outside run and carry.
We definitely don't have any good inside mids other than Swallow and hopefully Brodie. It's the opposite really - plenty of pretty receivers and outside players. Time we addressed the aggression factor. If our mids were really that good we wouldn't have lost 18 straight. Bowes, Fiorini and Ainsworth are good young players but not what we need inside. Miller is a tagger at best. Crouch and Greenwood would hugely ramp up inside and give these young kids time to grow on the fringe (outside).

You almost had me until you had us trading Wright and a pick for Toby McLean.

Goodbye now.
Wouldn't look at McLean but would put 2MP on trade table and save a lot of bucks running around in the NEAFL. A few more where he comes from that we aren't allowed to mention.

We definitely don't have any good inside mids other than Swallow and hopefully Brodie. It's the opposite really - plenty of pretty receivers and outside players. Time we addressed the aggression factor. If our mids were really that good we wouldn't have lost 18 straight. Bowes, Fiorini and Ainsworth are good young players but not what we need inside. Miller is a tagger at best. Crouch and Greenwood would hugely ramp up inside and give these young kids time to grow on the fringe (outside).
Miller and Miles are inside mids of above average quality. Solid B

Last edited:
Wouldn't look at McLean but would put 2MP on trade table and save a lot of bucks running around in the NEAFL. A few more where he comes from that we aren't allowed to mention.

I have no issue putting 2MP on the trade table.

Just don’t see how Wright and a pick would be worth Maclean.

Wright still has his prime in front of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might as well get menegola.

Tackles as much isn’t injured and gets 25 touches himself
Menengola would be a great get. Doubt cats will want to lose him with kelly leaving though - similar attacking midfielder.
How many games has Selwood played last 2 years? Body is shot.

Some Adelaide clowns on the brad crouch thread asking for top 2 pick + luko for crouch and greenwood hahah.

Menengola would be a great get. Doubt cats will want to lose him with kelly leaving though - similar attacking midfielder.
How many games has Selwood played last 2 years? Body is shot.

Some Adelaide clowns on the brad crouch thread asking for top 2 pick + luko for crouch and greenwood hahah.

Word is Menegola wants out.

Jordan Clark the first year kid already getting games ahead off him this year.

Though menegola was almost best on for cats in the losing prelim.

Was everywhere

Menengola is an pretty selfish footy player from my observations. Sexton-like. There's a reason he's been dropped several times.
yeah agree with that BUT
Think he provides a good balance with more defensive Ellis.
Brings skills that are pretty sparse on our list - running goals from outside 50.

The talk is Birchall. He’d have to pass a very thorough medical.

I'd throw pick 1 and 2 on the table and see what comes up. In all likelihood Rowell and Anderson are both Vic metro kids who have a habit of wanting out after 1 or 2 seasons. I like Brisbanes strategy of recruiting Vic country kids who are less likely to want to go home and putting a Hodge type in place to drive the standards.
If Rowell & Anderson want to continue playing at the same club, their best chance is at the Suns.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back