List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t want our midfield to turn into Adelaide’s midfield, their big issue was an abundance of inside mids which is our issue.

It does sounds like a ridiculous thing to say given the position we are in with attracting talent, but it's a good point. Adding 2 x Crouch's makes us better as they are both elite ball-winners which we desperately need more of, but our midfield doesn't need two of them + Greenwood and then you've got Rowell coming in as well.

Adding Brad would be exactly what we need assuming he could stay fit. Then look for players with elite ball use to compliment him and give us an outlet once he wins the ball (Anderson).

But I feel Adelaide will want way more than we should sanely offer (not that thats stopped us before).

I can see where your coming from, but for me 2 x Crouch pushes guys like Miles and possibly even Miller out of the best 22... it’s an upgrade on our current inside mids.

I dunno. I just see them as 2 quality best 22 players. Hard to pass up if they actually want to come to our club.

Rowell and Anderson will likely be amazing mids, but we will be fingers crossed for the next 2yrs hoping the re-sign.
You want to spend that cap on outside mids

Wow football can be exciting.
And we haven’t even played a game yet.
Going to the gym after work (in BRISBANE) and just happen to have put in my suns singlet in the car. Good omen. Hope I don’t cop any spray!

Not a zero percent chance that Rowell will be better than crouch next year.
50% chance that long term

Love Kennett having a whinge on trade radio over our draft concessions whilst conveniently ignoring that’s exactly how they got hodge, roughest and franklin

Get lost you Melbourne scum

That flog also went on to say about being a tourism destination that’s why it doesn’t work but went on and said about Tasmania which it’s biggest market is tourism

That flog also went on to say about being a tourism destination that’s why it doesn’t work but went on and said about Tasmania which it’s biggest market is tourism
That is such a stupid comment from a Victorian who has only ever gone to Surfers Paradise and thinks that's the Gold Coast. I'm actually embarrassed for him that he's so ill informed and clueless about the City he's commenting on.

Wow football can be exciting.
And we haven’t even played a game yet.
Going to the gym after work (in BRISBANE) and just happen to have put in my suns singlet in the car. Good omen. Hope I don’t cop any spray!

Not a zero percent chance that Rowell will be better than crouch next year.

Even money he will be better - not hard when he will play 22 games compared to Crouch's 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even money he will be better - not hard when he will play 22 games compared to Crouch's 13
Ok, maybe a better season - be a tall order to be a better player per game.
In the last 10-15 years what are the most brownlow votes by a debutant? Crouch polled 14 - don't think anyone at the suns has ever polled more! Ablett aside.

Forgot how valuable that pick 20 will be we received today.

Last year we paid heaven and earth to move up a handful of spots to get Jez.

Having the first pick of Rd 2 the following day will get clubs chasing our pick hard wanting first dibs on whoever is left on the board.

God bless the AFL

Funny how some of the Vic supporters have such short memories but who cares. I am excited about the Darwin zone,massive for the club. I really hope we go in hard at grass roots level and help develop up and coming stars. Might be less likely to jump ship. Welcome Rioli,s

No it's not they have conceded behind closed doors they f... ed up the set up. They are desperate for the GC to succeed and believe if the Club succeeds Metricon will be be packed every week.
The pitch Evans and Cochrane put before them was unbelievably good and read like a PHd research paper.
SO I'M TOLD.

This post is exceptionally in the know, Heard from someone who would also know that the presentation blew the AFL away and upped the game on what they had expected significantly. Showed internal club issues appeared and for a number of years the football team suffered resulting in us being so far behind the eight-ball today. However the Administration and Football Departments now seem modelled on best practice and we are starting to come online! THIS HAS BEEN A PROCESS

A number of people involved in the club deserve a lot of praise today starting from the top with Mark and Tony, also heard Craig Cameron and his team played a huge part in this and some key consultants.

Think the AFL may actually have granted close to the 100% request, which means it's an absolutely outstanding day for the club and the fans. Hopefully the rest transpires and our team turns around, because the growth expectations would silence the "Relocate to Tasmania" and start the "AFLGifted Premiership".

Our Team has some cracking kids now, Will get Rowell and Anderson who love the idea of turning the club around and will add enough senior talent that the AFL will now expect we are competing for the 8 next year.

Brandon Ellis is a cracking lad and seen as someone who can unite the team. Would hope the club gives him some time to enjoy his reward before locking him in early.

Last one, Jack Martin / Brad Couch both taken in the minidraft a year apart (Maybe Jacks due for a breakout), at their best they are brilliant but have had trouble with consistency and injury. Seems like similar value right.

What a day, Go Suns!! Hope the boys stay for a premiership, this club suddenly looks brighter than some others!

Very interesting with both Gerard Healy and Roos thinking we should have received more assistance, particularly extra money to help retain all this talent. Certainly goes against the grain of most other commentators.
They were spot on. The most important assistance - extra salary cap - we did not get. We have to get some wins and quickly.

This post is exceptionally in the know, Heard from someone who would also know that the presentation blew the AFL away and upped the game on what they had expected significantly. Showed internal club issues appeared and for a number of years the football team suffered resulting in us being so far behind the eight-ball today. However the Administration and Football Departments now seem modelled on best practice and we are starting to come online! THIS HAS BEEN A PROCESS

A number of people involved in the club deserve a lot of praise today starting from the top with Mark and Tony, also heard Craig Cameron and his team played a huge part in this and some key consultants.

Think the AFL may actually have granted close to the 100% request, which means it's an absolutely outstanding day for the club and the fans. Hopefully the rest transpires and our team turns around, because the growth expectations would silence the "Relocate to Tasmania" and start the "AFLGifted Premiership".

Our Team has some cracking kids now, Will get Rowell and Anderson who love the idea of turning the club around and will add enough senior talent that the AFL will now expect we are competing for the 8 next year.

Brandon Ellis is a cracking lad and seen as someone who can unite the team. Would hope the club gives him some time to enjoy his reward before locking him in early.

Last one, Jack Martin / Brad Couch both taken in the minidraft a year apart (Maybe Jacks due for a breakout), at their best they are brilliant but have had trouble with consistency and injury. Seems like similar value right.

What a day, Go Suns!! Hope the boys stay for a premiership, this club suddenly looks brighter than some others!
THE LEGEND HAS RETURNED IN TIME FOR THE TRADE PERIOD

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back