List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I have watched them against us but have you watched them play against other teams ? And in big games ?
I have. Ignore the Vic media rubbish. They are both superstars. Matt Crouch would be spoken about like Tom Mitchell if he played for a Melbourne club. Brad is an explosive goal kicking midfielder, the type that dominated the top spots in the Brownlow. He will win their B&F in a canter. Bring both in alongside Rowell and Anderson and we are looking much better than the teams around us. Much better. Would take overs. The Crows desperately want Lukosius. Give up our next years first on the back of us improving and the gift we got in the middle of the first round and we can start winning a good number of games of footy next year. We need to stop trying to rely on guys who just aren't good enough like Miles types who keep revolving through the club.

I have. Ignore the Vic media rubbish. They are both superstars. Matt Crouch would be spoken about like Tom Mitchell if he played for a Melbourne club. Brad is an explosive goal kicking midfielder, the type that dominated the top spots in the Brownlow. He will win their B&F in a canter. Bring both in alongside Rowell and Anderson and we are looking much better than the teams around us. Much better. Would take overs. The Crows desperately want Lukosius. Give up our next years first on the back of us improving and the gift we got in the middle of the first round and we can start winning a good number of games of footy next year. We need to stop trying to rely on guys who just aren't good enough like Miles types who keep revolving through the club.
In my opinion That would set our club back 5+ years.
Yes the crouch brothers are good players but they are not match winners. they can’t get it done on the big stage.
And including Lukosius in the deal is just ridiculous.

I’d happy pick up one of the brothers but I’m not selling the farm for him

Wow.
I leave for 1 hour..

I think a bullfighter has been hit in the head a few to many times

Lukosius is a once in a generation nick Riewoldt clone.

There’s 50midfielders every year to draft.
I think he's closer to a Jack Watts clone than Nick Riewoldt. But that's just me. He won't ever get to KPP size or strength in my opinion. He'll always be undersized. A great distributor but that's going to be his only trick. If midfielders are so easy to come by why have we struggled so much. Our midfield has been our glaring weakness and why we have lost Lynch and May.

In my opinion That would set our club back 5+ years.
Yes the crouch brothers are good players but they are not match winners. they can’t get it done on the big stage.
And including Lukosius in the deal is just ridiculous
They can get it done in big games. Go watch the prelim from 2017. No doubt you keep referring to the GF of that year. Their whole side stank it up in the granny that year. Both had decent games in the GF, they weren't the reason they lost. They are a lot better than just 'good players'.

You seriously want to give up Lukosius Pick 11 and next years 1st likely pick 1-5 for both crouch’s ?

What you would pay for Crouch depends on whether you can get Lukosius to re-sign long term before the trade window shuts. The Suns need to force him to make a decision. If he wont re-sign then you deal him this year for Crouch and Adelaide's first rounder next year. Make the Crows pay through the nose for Lukosius. They will.

You are massively over rating Matt Crouch. He is very much like Tom Rockliff. Lots of possessions but they don't hurt you with them.

Sorry to intrude but I just wanted to say that the 10 rookie listings is an excellent opportunity to list the best state league players without harming list spaces for the cream.

Ben sokol
Haiden schloithe
Jye bolton
Luke partington

These 4 players are surely going to be on your radar if they aren’t taken before the rookie draft

You are massively over rating Matt Crouch. He is very much like Tom Rockliff. Lots of possessions but they don't hurt you with them.
I disagree. Hes more in the Tom Mitchell mould than Rockliff. Rockliff in his days at Brisbane was a true seagull. Rockliff got cheap rubbish possessions out the back of the contest, or would lead up for cheap hit up marks in the back half from 20 metre kicks. Matt wins the footy and distributes. A very good player. Getting both brothers would transform our club and instantly make us competitive.

Sorry to intrude but I just wanted to say that the 10 rookie listings is an excellent opportunity to list the best state league players without harming list spaces for the cream.

Ben sokol
Haiden schloithe
Jye bolton
Luke partington

These 4 players are surely going to be on your radar if they aren’t taken before the rookie draft
Schloithe has been touted as a draft pick up since he won the Sandover a few years ago. He'd have to be late 20s now wouldn't he.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d pay a lot for both crouches, but not two firsts plus Lukosius... that’s madness. Either our first and mid first next year... I’d have no problems with that. But if Lukosius was involved, ie if he said I’m out when my contact is up, it’s Lukosius and the mid first I’m offering up.

He has certainly matured into a fine player. If he is serious about reviving his career and GC are the only team knocking then I can’t see him saying no
Horsley' s flaws were exposed when we played him at AFL level. And that's when we recruited him off of a Sandover win or some such. Getting him back is not the answer.

There's only one downside to getting that priority bonanza: everyone else is going to hate you. If the Suns win flags, everyone will chalk it up to the priority package and claiming you're the AFLs love child. If you don't, they'll say "couldn't make it work even with the priority picks, move them to Tasmania now". I suppose that it's better to be successful and hated than poor and pitied though, and there are already several idiots who want to move the club to Tasmania.

Younger than Marlion

Kyle Horsley is another name that should be looked at. A lot of untapped quality still left in the wafl
Horsley is 32, he's past his prime. He found his level at Subi, leave him there. Sokol is the only mature age player in the league I'd consider taking. The SANFL and VFL are better leagues to raid. Even better than that is the fringe players of the top four clubs. From Brisbane alone there will be at least two players worthy of a rookie spot.

The only way we retain players is being competitive and for that we need better players now.

I would happily get both Crouch brothers, and IMO I think Lukosius will be a good player in the future but for the next few years at least he isn't going to perform to that required level.

Two big IFS, if Lukosius is looking for the exit door this October and IF Adelaide will come to play, I would consider it.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but the currency we have at the moment we should be throwing the kitchen sink at getting quality players into the club and both Crouch's probably bring our midfield up to an AFL standard to help the development of Rowell and our other young mids.

FWIW I expect Lukosius to stay this summer.

If you're desperate for ball magnet midfielders then go to the state leagues and take your pick there. I'm sure you'd find another couple of battle hardened mature bodies that could walk into the AFL & be competitive short term & might turn into something decent longer term ala Sam Mitchell. You won't find the another Lukosius there though.

Yes I have watched them against us but have you watched them play against other teams ? And in big games ?

I can’t see how bringing in both Crouch brothers on big Monday would be good for our club.
You can’t fit them into a midfield without losing 2 or 3 of swallow fiorini Bowes Ainsworth Brodie miles miller.
Some on here seem fixated with maintaining the mid field as it was in 2019. We were smashed in there most weeks and unable to get the ball out to do damage. If we were to get one Crouch (Brad) on his own, Greenwood and Rowell, some of the current crop won't make the side or will be placed to advantage on the wings or forward. I'd see Miller and Miles in the NEAFL as backup and the trio (Fiorini, Bowes, Ainsworth) in more outside roles. Then there's still Brodie to fit in the mids somewhere. ....and of course, we still desperately need one more attacking, mature defender to bolster that shaky backline. Some of our kids are really on their last year if they don't show some big improvement. Time we got over all the loyalty / defense mechanism with some. 2MP is another to watch carefully during the next year. Great time for hope and expectation - let's hope for once there is some success coming. ...and lastly, I feel we MUST do all possible to get Luko to sign but if he won't commit early enough, time to maximise the trade value. He's a future champ so we must do all we can to retain.

The only way we retain players is being competitive and for that we need better players now.
Absolutely agree with it. Wins will cure most of our retention issues and paying premium to attract players.

I just disagree with getting both Crouch brothers. One is enough. I guess I put more trust into progress of Bowes, Ainsworth, Fiorini, Brodie, Macpherson rather than obvious immediate impact of Crouch brothers. Some of these young players would end up in NEAFL and we could lose them.

I also personally don't want to sacrifice opportunity to win GF in the future by trading Lukosius (generational talent) or pick 1,2 (potential generational talents) for limited immediate improvement (getting both Crouch brothers - both are A but not elite midfielders, same type).

Limit injuries, get Ellis, Greenwood, B Crouch. Progress will come even without B Crouch next year. Any of Bowes, Fiorini, Brodie, Ainsworth could have a break out season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back