List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

So being realistic..
We will have Rowell and Anderson joining as kids.Huge potential.
Ellis and Greenwood are pretty much nailed on.Quick wingman and a grunt mid who kicks a goal or 2. Win.
Brad Crouch if he drops his wage demands. The ball getter we need - won't win a game off his own boot but will teach Fiorini so much.
Looking good.
I have no issues with Issac Smith - please don't forget he only hit the AFL at about 25 yrs if age. I've seen plenty of him on TV and does not seem to have lost his wheels one bit - 3 yrs is a reasonable risk IMHO. Speed, accuracy, doesn't drop his head, and from all accounts a good clubman.
Thompson and Collins back will beef up the back line.
I'd still like us to look at Dan Howe - Hawks are always traders - and he really is a beast as a hard tagger, done really well in elite players, but cannot get a secure place in the Hawks line-up welcoming back Tom Mitchell this year. He is gettable.
Anyone think Jenkins is worth looking at fir the extra 'big body' to protect our smaller/younger forwards?
If Crouch and Greenwood are coming, he'd certainly know people which must help.
Get these guys and surely it must help push King and Luko to commit for longer (please!)
I'd still be giving Dale Thomas a call. Got 2 yrs left and is a freebie.
It's a big year and we MUST get this right.

Lastly, there are a lot of trolls around, so here's a pic to show my 'credentials': got this hand delivered by Michael Rischitelli's Mum and Dad who I had the pleasure of meeting in Melbourne after Michael arranged it for me.

a.jpg

So being realistic..
We will have Rowell and Anderson joining as kids.Huge potential.
Ellis and Greenwood are pretty much nailed on.Quick wingman and a grunt mid who kicks a goal or 2. Win.
Brad Crouch if he drops his wage demands. The ball getter we need - won't win a game off his own boot but will teach Fiorini so much.
Looking good.
I have no issues with Issac Smith - please don't forget he only hit the AFL at about 25 yrs if age. I've seen plenty of him on TV and does not seem to have lost his wheels one bit - 3 yrs is a reasonable risk IMHO. Speed, accuracy, doesn't drop his head, and from all accounts a good clubman.
Thompson and Collins back will beef up the back line.
I'd still like us to look at Dan Howe - Hawks are always traders - and he really is a beast as a hard tagger, done really well in elite players, but cannot get a secure place in the Hawks line-up welcoming back Tom Mitchell this year. He is gettable.
Anyone think Jenkins is worth looking at fir the extra 'big body' to protect our smaller/younger forwards?
If Crouch and Greenwood are coming, he'd certainly know people which must help.
Get these guys and surely it must help push King and Luko to commit for longer (please!)
I'd still be giving Dale Thomas a call. Got 2 yrs left and is a freebie.
It's a big year and we MUST get this right.

Lastly, there are a lot of trolls around, so here's a pic to show my 'credentials': got this hand delivered by Michael Rischitelli's Mum and Dad who I had the pleasure of meeting in Melbourne after Michael arranged it for me.

View attachment 757790
Do you really think you'd be able to get Brad Crouch without giving up one of either pick 1/2 or Luko. No way you can keep all three if you want Crouch...

Do you really think you'd be able to get Brad Crouch without giving up one of either pick 1/2 or Luko. No way you can keep all three if you want Crouch...
This is why Crouch will not be at the Suns this year, the price is way too high compared to what you could get him for next year. As a contracted player you should try and extract a premium but some prices are too high, we have already made that mistake in the past.

I'm not sure the ball is on the Crows foot anymore. As with all of your players - if he wants out, he'll go.And not for picks #1 or #2 or Luko.
Your club culture must be toxic as even players adored by the fans such as Betts are begging to leave.
Betts, Greenwood, both Crouches,Keath,Jenkins......

Is this the common belief of crows fans? As a sort of biased neutral I can think of a fair few permutations that don't involve those 3.

There's picks 15, 20, a future first, a future second and a future pick 19 to play with in terms of draft currency. That's heaps to work with.

Is this the common belief of crows fans? As a sort of biased neutral I can think of a fair few permutations that don't involve those 3.

There's picks 15, 20, a future first, a future second and a future pick 19 to play with in terms of draft currency. That's heaps to work with.

Not sure what the common belief is, I live up in Sydney so don't talk to many Crows fans. But in my opinion he is worth more than the 15 and 20 in this years draft. The future first may be worth something though. The reason I say that though is because he is contracted, so could easily hold for a further year (just like Tim Kelly), then when he leaves as a free agent next year I would expect the Crows to receive a round 1 pick as compo, and considering how many people are leaving we will most likely finish bottom 4, so end up with a pick in the top 5 as compo. Why trade for 15 and 20 when you can get a top 5 pick the next year?

Not sure what the common belief is, I live up in Sydney so don't talk to many Crows fans. But in my opinion he is worth more than the 15 and 20 in this years draft. The future first may be worth something though. The reason I say that though is because he is contracted, so could easily hold for a further year (just like Tim Kelly), then when he leaves as a free agent next year I would expect the Crows to receive a round 1 pick as compo, and considering how many people are leaving we will most likely finish bottom 4, so end up with a pick in the top 5 as compo. Why trade for 15 and 20 when you can get a top 5 pick the next year?
Do you think you'll land Grundy next year?

I'm not sure the ball is on the Crows foot anymore. As with all of your players - if he wants out, he'll go.And not for picks #1 or #2 or Luko.
Your club culture must be toxic as even players adored by the fans such as Betts are begging to leave.
Betts, Greenwood, both Crouches,Keath,Jenkins......
Betts is passed it, I don't mind if he wants to leave.
Greenwood and Keath were both happy to stay, but the club didn't want to offer more than a 2 year contract. They wanted the longer term security which is fair enough for any athlete. Jenkins was the toxic one at the club, as indicated by apparently no other club wanting him either, even though he says he'll take a pay cut.
There really hasn't been any confirmed news that the Crouches want out, just so called rumours.

Well Crouch is not worth 1, 2 or Lukosius in any world I've lived in. So yeah, I reckon it's possibe.
Was Weller worth pick 2 when you picked him up?
Crouch is contracted, which means we can ask for more for him and if you don't pay up then let him leave as a free agent next year, where we will get a round 1 compo pick

This year's draft is a lot stronger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crouch is contracted, which means we can ask for more for him and if you don't pay up then let him leave as a free agent next year, where we will get a round 1 compo pick
No, Weller wasn't worth that. But why should we repeat the mistakes of the past? Weller wanted to come to us and at the time we desperately needing anyone to 'want' to be here — I can see why we did it but it was a high price (not taking into account the addition of Ballard).

Essentially you want us to take the bigger risk here (contract value, trade value etc), when I think generally we'd be happy to leave the risk with you. And that risk is real, given his injury history, he might just fall over again next year. You'd be left high and dry.

No, Weller was not worth pick.2. But we kicked Clayton to the curb so that has no relevance anymore.

Anyway... this whole BCrouch situation seems to be just stuck in an infinite loop of not going anywhere.

We aren’t paying pick 1,2 or Lukosius for him (obviously). Adelaide fans are demanding pick1, 2 or Lukosius or he stays. There’s no meeting in the middle because Crows fans think they will get a top 5 pick for him in free agency and they don’t believe our other glut of picks combined doesn’t equal that. I just can’t see how it gets sorted. It seems like a waste of time discussing given neither team will budge.

It’s not like BCrouch is clamouring to play for us. It’s just a payday for him.

Pick 2 was the only pick in play at the time. If we had pick 10 that year he would’ve cost us that. That deal is not a guide.
Tom Mitchell was worth more than pick 14 too...
this is different because we have many more options. The club has made it clear we’re not giving up 1,2 or Luko. O’Meara is the closest guide to B Crouch’s value & we got 10 for him & a future 2nd rounder.

No, Weller was not worth pick.2. But we kicked Clayton to the curb so that has no relevance anymore.

Anyway... this whole BCrouch situation seems to be just stuck in an infinite loop of not going anywhere.

We aren’t paying pick 1,2 or Lukosius for him (obviously). Adelaide fans are demanding pick1, 2 or Lukosius or he stays. There’s no meeting in the middle because Crows fans think they will get a top 5 pick for him in free agency and they don’t believe our other glut of picks combined doesn’t equal that. I just can’t see how it gets sorted. It seems like a waste of time discussing given neither team will budge.

It’s not like BCrouch is clamouring to play for us. It’s just a payday for him.
Yeah I agree, I doubt the trade will get done. Crows don't want to lose a guy who I'm sure is about to be named their B&F for the year without receiving adequate compensation, but doesn't seem like GC will offer what we are after.

All in all I reckon Brad and Matt both remain at the Crows and you end up just with Greenwood. What do you think the trade for him will be?

I think pick 11 and 15 would get it done this year if B Crouch wants to come (I doubt). It's overs but not crazy overs and he is under contract. Personally, I would wait for next year. I am sure there will be other quality players available.

Yes, Crows can keep him as Suns did with Martin or trade him like Suns did with May. We got pick 6 for May and drafted with it Ben. If we kept May we would get probably pick 2 as compensation this year. No doubt it was right decision with May and wrong with Martin. Yes, we could get pick 2 for May this year but to suffer through his laziness, non-commitment, teammates sprays would be tough. Watching Martin was just as painful after bye. On the other hand watching Ben put smile on my face.

Crows would be smart to let him go this year if he really wants out. Unhappy player is no good for the team. Or just already re-sign him for f* sake if he's so good.

I think pick 11 and 15 would get it done this year if B Crouch wants to come (I doubt). It's overs but not crazy overs and he is under contract. Personally, I would wait for next year. I am sure there will be other quality players available.

Yes, Crows can keep him as Suns did with Martin or trade him like Suns did with May. We got pick 6 for May and drafted with it Ben. If we kept May we would get probably pick 2 as compensation this year. No doubt it was right decision with May and wrong with Martin. Yes, we could get pick 2 for May this year but to suffer through his laziness, non-commitment, teammates sprays would be tough. Watching Martin was just as painful after bye. On the other hand watching Ben put smile on my face.

Crows would be smart to let him go this year if he really wants out. Unhappy player is no good for the team. Or just already re-sign him for f* sake if he's so good.
And if we were in line for pick 2 as FA compo for May, there's no way the AFL would've given us a PP as well at 3.
Do the Crows want to take the risk of holding onto Crouch and sweating on him getting through the season injury free. An injury riddled year and clubs will stay away. Their compo could then be 2nd round.

Crows would be smart to let him go this year if he really wants out. Unhappy player is no good for the team. Or just already re-sign him for f..* sake if he's so good.
Good post. This is the opening we need. Brisbane just randomly got Lachie Neale 12 months ago and it was the icing on the cake. We need to break the cycle of develop good kids, kids show some loyality but eventually quit because they are sick of losing. I actually think we are building the right way but Swallow needs help. B Crouch will allow, Bowes, Fiorini, Ainsworth and co to flourish. If we can't keep King and Luko and by extension Rowell and Anderson, it's over! The AFL needs to grant us one more solid, give Crouch a bit of ambassador money and lean on Adelaide to trade this fool for reasonable amount.. two middle to late firsts with a third coming back.
15 and what we get for Martin should be enough.
Greenwood, Ellis (not a fan but issue for another post), B Crouch, Rowell, Anderson and Breust and/or Smith. Bit of injury luck, couple of mini breakouts from Ainsworth and Bowes.. this team can be next year's Brisbane and we can all enjoy the rest of the comp's melts from Hell!!

Let’s just all admit you won’t get 1, 2 or Lukosius and that players generally go where they want when they nominate a club. Contracts are wiping paper in today’s AFL and neither crouch is worth those picks. It would be something else if he decides to leave you but I still think there is a win:win with all the later 1st and 2nd round picks GC are sitting on this year and next.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back