List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

[/QUOTE]
Seems like a decent person does Zac but in my bottom 5 footballers all-time at the Club
Massive call when U consider some of the crud that has come through here.. off the top of my head, worse players than Zac..
Joel Wilkinson, Josh Hall, Timmy Summer, Nathan Ablett and of course the all time dud "his name rythms with Orange".. wins the award for biggest tool as well.
Plenty of others too.
That being said, hard pass on Zac for mine.

Massive call when U consider some of the crud that has come through here.. off the top of my head, worse players than Zac..
Joel Wilkinson, Josh Hall, Timmy Summer, Nathan Ablett and of course the all time dud "his name rythms with Orange".. wins the award for biggest tool as well.
Plenty of others too.
That being said, hard pass on Zac for mine.
[/QUOTE]
I didn't ever see Zac impose himself on a contest .Not once.He had plenty of opportunities.Played like an oversized mid.Can't recall him taking a mark over his head.Then when we released him to Geelong he lucked out for a couple of goals in the big game at the G v Hawthorn and it led to the usual drivel from Russell, Healey et al about "Why did they let him go?"
So multifactorial for me
His saving grace is he seems to be a decent human being that has never dissed us like a lot of our discards and runaways

100% agree but he is not all time in the worst 5 in our history.. which has more to do with our own ineptitude rather than any of Zac's ability.
I think our whole board predicted exactly what would happen when Geelong chose to pick him up. It is inexplicable that highly paid supposedly knowledgeable list managers can make such mistakes.

Champions Data rate the Crouch brothers as average midfielders.

Del said in weeks leading up to playing the crows they wouldn’t put much work into the Crouch brother because they are not damaging with the ball not match winners.

They would focus on R Sloane who champion date have in the 72 percentile

Last edited:
He’s spot on though they are not damaging with the ball.
They are not match winning midfielders
Agree. Also a lot of people point out Crouch brothers defensive deficiencies.

For me Greenwood is a great get and I would be happy only with him. This will be his 5th preseason. He should be able to play full time in midfield and if he stays healthy I can see him as a major contributor to our midfield while we also further develop Brodie, Bowes, Fiorini there.

Go for true elite player next year with hopefully more wins on the board.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champions Data rate the Crouch brothers as average midfielders.

Del said in weeks leading up to playing the crows they wouldn’t put much work into the Crouch brother because they are not damaging with the ball not match winners.

They would focus on R Sloane who champion date have in the 72 percentile

Brad Crouch is the better player regardless of what these stats say, you only have to watch them to see it. As far as Matt Crouch goes, he is a classic stats padder, in the Tom Rockliff mould, in the sense they get lots of the ball but their possessions don't hurt the opposition. This article is accurate IMO on Matt Crouch.

Issue with us is... we get our hands on it then bomb it forward, we are woeful under pressure, we very rarely look to go by hand out of a pack. Least the Crouch's are good by hand and seem to find targets by hand. As I have said previous, Crouch would be nice, but I won't be calling our trade period a failure if we can't bring him in.

My 20 cents worth.
Rowell and Anderson excited about the likelihood of getting two young guns.
Greenwood happy with terms and salary will be a good addition.
Ellis very very nervous about what he brings , had a very ordinary final series .For me $400000 for 3 seasons was plenty.
Recruiting officers will be hoping this one works otherwise ??
Zac Smith absolutely no way ,was no good 3 years ago and has got worse.
Mates in Adelaide still saying Brad Crouch no chance of leaving unless we are paying ridiculous amount.
Expect around pick 20 for Martin and pick 25 for AhChee or player exchange.
Best time of year for us Suns diehards.

How much better than Jarryd Lyons are either of the Crouch brothers?
(In the context of what people are considering they're worth)
And by extension, what would Brisbane ask for him if they were thinking of trading him?
And remembering we gave him away
Fair question. Are we judging it on the Lyons of 2018 where any tag resulted in him wilting & his professionalism was questioned? Or him pulling his finger out, team winning and no tag?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back