Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are forgetting that Schoenmakers (28) and Mohr (31) are both injury prone and nearing the end. We need to bring in at least 2 key defenders this off-season. Koschitzke is a prospect and most likely wont feature much at all in 2020.

O'Brien is playing okay now, but he's not capable of holding down a key position spot.

Yes he is capable, and is proving a effective swing man when we rest Gunston.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would love Fogarty but he would cost us a late first rounder. Is contracted for another two years, taken Pick 12, and although his form in the SANFL hasn't been great his price has only dipped to the Pick 15-20 range.

I wouldn't mind trading our future first and our third this year for Fogarty and Adelaide's second - so Future First + Pick ~ 48 (linked to Port) --> (Adelaide) Darcy Fogarty + Pick ~ 30. Would also net us more points for Finn.

Interesting to see what comes from the Cogs injury.. I really get the feeling he has made his mind up to come, hopefully this injury isn’t to bad.

Not keen on Adams, the guy looks like Tarzan but is made of string, literally falls over with some sort of injury every 3-4 weeks.

When thinking about our forward set up with Patton and Lewis, that’s some big big bodies who are exceptional in the air. Vitally important we surround those 2 with high pressure forwards, Ollie has been ok at pressuring but I’d like to see more.

Say the Adams talk is legit and he is fit, then all of a sudden our side starts to look like it can compete again at the top.

Hardwick - Frawley - Impey
Sicily - Adams - Birchall
Scully - Mitchell - Henderson
Gunston - Patton - Breust
Hanrahan- Lewis - Wingard
McEvoy - Coniglio - Omera

Int: Scrimshaw - Worpel - Shiels - Burgoyne

Eme: O’Brien - Nash - 1st Rd pick - Puopolo - Nash

Hard to select a side
Ridiculous, O’Brien before Adams , easily.

I almost never question Wrighty and Clarko, but I remember watching the bulldogs game in 2018 and just wondering who this absolute spud defender who I’d never seen before was... it was Adams and I’ve remebered him ever since because of how terrible he was. Hopefully it was just a bad game.

Sam Day on the other hand... Get him in!!

Darcy Fogarty being mentioned on the Adelaide board as a 50+ goal kicker at Hawthorn.
I’ll take that over Greenwood every day of the week & twice on a Saturday arvo!
Let’s hope this was who Clarko visited while smoke screening with Greenwood
In fairness that comment wreaks of still being dirty on Jack Gunston. Many over there are still a bit frustrated by it.

I almost never question Wrighty and Clarko, but I remember watching the bulldogs game in 2018 and just wondering who this absolute spud defender who I’d never seen before was... it was Adams and I’ve remebered him ever since because of how terrible he was. Hopefully it was just a bad game.

Sam Day on the other hand... Get him in!!
You cant judge a player on one game. He’s had a shithouse run with injury and missed out on a few years of development but he looked like he’d be a good player early in his career.

Yeah cause trading our top 10 pick and potentially next years 1st will be awesome
It would be awesome if:

1. We'd already secured Cogs via FA;
2. We'd managed to trade our 2nd + Smitty for a 1st Rounder; &,
3. We had assets enough to get Finn Maginness via F/S discount.

Cogs + Whitfield + Patton (4th) + a 1st Rounder (via Smitty + 2nd trade) + Maginness + upgrade a couple of Rookies to meet the 3-new-players requirement.

Yup, pretty awesome, even if it did cost 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, 2019 4th, 2020 1st & Smitty

*Sorry Mods - I know this got all Hypothetical, but I don't know how to Quote between threads.

It would be awesome if:

1. We'd already secured Cogs via FA;
2. We'd managed to trade our 2nd + Smitty for a 1st Rounder; &,
3. We had assets enough to get Finn Maginness via F/S discount.

Cogs + Whitfield + Patton (4th) + a 1st Rounder (via Smitty + 2nd trade) + Maginness + upgrade a couple of Rookies to meet the 3-new-players requirement.

Yup, pretty awesome, even if it did cost 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd, 2019 4th, 2020 1st & Smitty

*Sorry Mods - I know this got all Hypothetical, but I don't know how to Quote between threads.
We don't have a 2019 4th for Patton though.
Maybe Smith & 5th for 2nd and 4th rounder. Bunch the two seconds we have for a 1st and use the 4th for Patton.

We don't have a 2019 4th for Patton though.
Maybe Smith & 5th for 2nd and 4th rounder. Bunch the two seconds we have for a 1st and use the 4th for Patton.
If not having a 2019 4th is the major issue with what I proposed then I reckon we're gonna be pretty sweet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Fogarty being mentioned on the Adelaide board as a 50+ goal kicker at Hawthorn.
I’ll take that over Greenwood every day of the week & twice on a Saturday arvo!
Let’s hope this was who Clarko visited while smoke screening with Greenwood
Agree I like him has a bit of mongrel as well. It’s a necessary component of premiership teams! With Siss, Hardwick, Worpel, Impey we could assemble a small army of angry ants Clarko would like it!

Last edited:
Both UFA's. We'll only get picks for them if GC are ensured that they won;t need them and Poppy & Roughead request to be traded for nothing picks.
If 2 players leave we will get 2 picks at the end of the draft anyway i.e Mitch Lewis picks. don't need to trade for them or get compensation, you automatically get picks at the end to fill list spots. We could fill those spots with Free Agents (UFA,DFA or RFA) though and not get the picks.

If 2 players leave we will get 2 picks at the end of the draft anyway i.e Mitch Lewis picks. don't need to trade for them or get compensation, you automatically get picks at the end to fill list spots. We could fill those spots with Free Agents (UFA,DFA or RFA) though and not get the picks.
I know but I’m pretty sure he was implying that we’d get picks from GC which isn’t true

On the KPD situation and the upcoming period.

With regard RFA Day.
All I will say is .... “we have been involved in all his previous contract renewals. GW has rated him super highly since he was a junior”.

We have also regard for ex dog, now at Brisbane in a frustrated state, Adams. We missed his opportunity when we got held up in the last trade period.
whats the go with Adams. Wasn't it injury that caused him to join the Lions, just played his first game for the year at AFL level for brisbane too.

Burgoyne and Omith for their priority pick #2.
Welcome aboard Noah Andersen.

Otherwise keep Burgers and Smith.

A more realistic proposal would be:

Suns get: Burgoyne / Smith / Pick 8
Hawks get: Pick 2

I'd do that deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

A more realistic proposal would be:

Suns get: Burgoyne / Smith / Pick 8
Hawks get: Pick 2

I'd do that deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Glad you aren't doing our deals. That would be atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back