Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you aren't doing our deals. That would be atrocious.
You do realise that we are likely to let Burgoyne (37y 8m) walk for nothing right? So in the scenario I proposed we would really just be offering Smith (30y 5m years old) to upgrade our 1st rounder from pick 8 to pick 2. We'd obviously then use the pick to select Noah Anderson. If Burgoyne agreed to any deal the Suns offer him then the only person you'd have to convince to go would be Smith who I'm sure with a bigger than market value offer would eventually relent.

This is obviously all in to relation to Burgoyne so I'll stop here because its already become hypothetical but you'd hope Wrighty would be getting somewhat creative.

Something just feels wrong about trading Burgoyne. But then I suppose the same could be said about Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis :(
Agreed but just imagine having Anderson running around for the HFC for the next 10 years. Then after the Suns draft Matthew Rowell with pick 1 he can come play with his best mate Anderson in 3 years time.

They may ask for Birchall as well mate. Evans loves him.
As we all know any player going up there would have to want to go but yes I could definitely see them making for more than just Smith / pick 8 and a Burgoyne sweetener. The problem with asking for multiple players is 1) getting multiple players to agree to go 2) working them all into side deals.

As we all know any player going up there would have to want to go but yes I could definitely see them making for more than just Smith / pick 8 and a Burgoyne sweetener. The problem with asking for multiple players is 1) getting multiple players to agree to go 2) working them all into side deals.
Why would they be side deals?

Why not just say: e.g. Smitty + Birch + Burgoyne for XYZ Picks ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think the trading rules allow multiple players in trades like the NBA mate
Pretty sure they do.

Happens every year on hypothetical trading thread that we always suggest packaging 3x ordinary players for 1xx gun opposition player.

I've never heard before that multiple players can't be part of the same deal - will be very interested to hear the AFL's reasoning behind it if correct

Xavier has stacked it on bad

Proven fact, a Hawthorn player that has stacked on the kg's can be the difference maker when it matters

stuart-dew_234d9y06s8wz1s6v8l6pmer74.jpg

A more realistic proposal would be:

Suns get: Burgoyne / Smith / Pick 8
Hawks get: Pick 2

I'd do that deal every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Good deal. But the reality is there is buckleys chance Smith would go to the Gold Coast. Like honestly, why the **** would you. Perhaps if they offered him something stupid, but surely even the Suns aren't stupid enough to do that for a 31 year old outside player that isn't really a generational leader?

Silk makes great sense for them in a role like Hodgey has at Brisbane. A culture builder of the highest order Silk.

But the reality is there is buckleys chance Smith would go to the Gold Coast. Like honestly, why the fu** would you. Perhaps if they offered him something stupid, but surely even the Suns aren't stupid enough to do that for a 31 year old outside player that isn't really a generational leader?
Benefits for GC
- Smith would make Suns less hopeless
- Keep the change rooms bright when things are rough.
- Suns would give that money to him to fill the cap so when he leaves they can use it another player instead of giving younger players stupid money.

Not saying they would but just possible reasons.

Benefits for GC
- Smith would make Suns less hopeless
- Keep the change rooms bright when things are rough.
- Suns would give that money to him to fill the cap so when he leaves they can use it another player instead of giving younger players stupid money.

Not saying they would but just possible reasons.

Sure. But I was saying Buckleys chance Smith agrees to go dude. A very important part of this hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back